What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Its possible i'm the only human that didn't already know this, but we were just talking about chickengate at work and one of the guys said - did you know KFC only follow 11 people on Twitter?  I didn't, but sure enough he brings it up on his phone and they follow all of the spice girls and 6 random guys named Herb.  Because its a secret blend of 11 Herbs and Spices....

Well, I thought it was absolute genius.

This from a now locked thread in the open section

attachicon.gifIMG_20180220_212225.jpg

In light of this, do we possibly need to put up a PLEASE READ sticky somewhere with some rules about content in threads, instead of people signing up, getting heckled/moderated out of nowhere and leaving again?

Favourite film  post-17481-0-16679500-1519233719_thumb.png

Just discovered that, like me, George Lucas' first car was an Autobianchi Bianchina.

post-17481-0-09971600-1519233558_thumb.png

His was the sexy open version - because California,  and mine was the van version - because England.

post-17481-0-86221400-1519234093_thumb.png

He crashed his. I slept** in mine. 

post-17481-0-85388800-1519233828_thumb.png

The Force must have been with him to survive that. (Just)

Round thing half way up the photo on the right side is the centrifugal oil-filter.

**Yes. That too.

Its possible i'm the only human that didn't already know this, but we were just talking about chickengate at work and one of the guys said - did you know KFC only follow 11 people on Twitter?  I didn't, but sure enough he brings it up on his phone and they follow all of the spice girls and 6 random guys named Herb.  Because its a secret blend of 11 Herbs and Spices....

Well, I thought it was absolute genius.

Hand in yer badge

Just follwed an old millitary truck on my way home. It was 6 wheel drive and had no roof. I didn't get much of a look at it but  it is registered 409UXA which comes up as a Utica-Bend Corp anyone ever heard of them or have an idea what it was. It sounded great with a big old diesel belching out black smoke. Sorry no pictures as it was getting dark and I was driving.

No need me or no need the other bloke?

Tbh I don't care about all these duplicate threads but some people do. Maybe we do need a read me sticky like Ghosty says it could stop a bit of it.

The other bloke.

Some forums make you read something before you join - maybe a “post these things in these threads you thundercunt” would be good

Dropped down to Cardiff on Sunday. Then up to devils bridge and Aberystwyth via elan valley. Beautiful views.

You'll wear it out Bub!

Out of interest is there a mileage limit on mobility cars?

Two grins; looking at Streetview of Bexhill reminded me of a couple of things.

I used to drink in the pub on the left. Mathilde's Kitchen, or the shop next to it, used to be a secondhand bookshop. The owner would sit in the pub, if a customer turned up he'd walk across the road with his pint-he begrudged doing this.

post-5742-0-85604700-1519253769_thumb.png

The local Four Candles shop. I worked nearby, and this is where new staff were sent for a 'long weight', 'sky hooks' etc. The owner usually played along.

post-5742-0-41894700-1519253916_thumb.png

My dad did 80k in his motability car over the last 3 years, got lumped with about £700 in charges. Luckily he had some of it saved up, but bear it in mind. £250 rebate for the car being in good order helped a bit I think

That's my thinking. If I do go over,say by 10k then it's 500 quid in charges. Which is less than 2 months payments were I to go on a hp for the car. And the 250 quid rebate would soften it also. I'm not aiming to go over my mileage but I am putting a bit each month away!

The clatter of XUDs in the morning. Yesterday both the 305 and 406 were started and left idling away, clattering in our cul de sac, looked like a scene from Apocalypse Now with clag drifting over the battlefield. 

Neighbour comes out with their TDCI and that starts straight up and is quiet.. not quite the same 

Sorry if we have already had this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeBIxI7n1I&sns=em

This video complies with our intetests!

May as well shut YouTube now, that is singularly THE best video ever seen.

(Note to self: email Chester council with idea for city centre trams)

That's my thinking. If I do go over,say by 10k then it's 500 quid in charges. Which is less than 2 months payments were I to go on a hp for the car. And the 250 quid rebate would soften it also. I'm not aiming to go over my mileage but I am putting a bit each month away!

Ahem, mileage correction services are available should you find your mileometer has been over reading. Ask a private hire driver in a new car for a recommendation.