What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Grin today because I scored two 8x4 sheets of ply from the builders working at the back of our shop today.  They had been serving as a temporary garage door until the new one was installed, which must have happened yesterday after I delivered.  Fuck me are they heavy!  They're bloody thick, must be 2cm or thereabouts.  So a builder and I wrestled them into the van and I thought I'd take them to my lockup, but because of other factors, time wasn't going to be on my side, so I dropped them at home, in the back alley.  Came home from work, said nothing about them to MrsR, and when I took the dog out at 8pm I brought them in.  Bloody hell it's hard work single-handed!

Tomorrow when she steps outside she's going to notice these two bloody big sheets of ply in our tiny yard.  I will be in Shit Street then...

Spotted on tonight's bike ride: plenty of rabbits, some fledgling rooks on the deck by the rookery at The British Library looking very JUVENILE!, a flying heron, a rat, and an owl... ...plus in one driveway a pair of Volvosaurus 240 saloons and something with the roofline of a Triumph Herald.

There's a new program on during the days at 11am on BBC1 about the A1 carriageway, it's pretty good to be fair for a daytime show, today's one featured a motorbike with a built in friggin A frame! I've never seen anything like it, they are called minutemen, they pull up, open the back of the motorbike open and this bloody great A frame pulls out and they tow them off the motorway. Amazing!

There's a new program on during the days at 11am on BBC1 about the A1 carriageway, it's pretty good to be fair for a daytime show, today's one featured a motorbike with a built in friggin A frame! I've never seen anything like it, they are called minutemen, they pull up, open the back of the motorbike open and this bloody great A frame pulls out and they tow them off the motorway. Amazing!

We saw that.

Amazing bit of kit, wonder what they cost.

Fabia looks gooood;) almost* enough to tempt me to actually look after mine..

Am assuming owner of the Oxford in question is the chap with the v8 minors that run at Crail?if so, imagine it has a touch more poke than stock!)

The minors were smartly done bits of kit and sounded braw!

oxford looks a bit slammed though, needs skinny cross plys for maximum cornering fun

Oxford is a little lower but can supply its own cornering fun while making it around them.

Fabia looks gooood;) almost* enough to tempt me to actually look after mine..

Am assuming owner of the Oxford in question is the chap with the v8 minors that run at Crail?if so, imagine it has a touch more poke than stock!)

The minors were smartly done bits of kit and sounded braw!

Pete is the one who has the Minors, Andy had had a lovely Minor van which had an xud in it. It was for sale but that was the last time I heard.

Andy had had a lovely Minor van which had an xud in it. It was for sale but that was the last time I heard.

Wasn't this one, was it?  Supposedly running on the subframes of a 106 diesel.

post-4559-0-31032900-1494597862_thumb.jpg

post-4559-0-17946700-1494597986_thumb.jpg

Clearly a transverse engine, and it's definitely a diesel, I've heard it!  Still lives in Barrow too, I spotted it again the other day.

Wasn't this one, was it?  Supposedly running on the subframes of a 106 diesel.

attachicon.gifCrusty 019.jpg

attachicon.gifCrusty 020.jpg

Clearly a transverse engine, and it's definitely a diesel, I've heard it!  Still lives in Barrow too, I spotted it again the other day.

Nope, this one:

post-17457-0-08809900-1494602376_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-92539900-1494602377_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-63413700-1494602379_thumb.jpg

It got used a fair amount but always looked this good.

A front end facelift for my fabia,

63a9ffa31e1c7ccd5843463481c58dad.jpg

cc8f03f9f612adcbcce08cf09904b25e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New darker headlights as well or is it just the way the pictures been taken that makes them look darker.

Also what size steelies are you running on it? I strangely quite like the big steelies with wheeltrims look its got going on.