What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Doing/finishing this today...

Montgomery triathlon medal.jpg

18 mile bike ride, 11 mile walk, 7 mile (3 man) kayak along the canal. Laughably as none of us had rowed before, we just assumed the kayak leg would take 1.5 hours or less. As soon as we got in, we hit the bank on the other side to the amusement of everyone on the bank, then hit the bank countless more times along the way, rammed a few other kayaks and canoes, got overtaken by kids of about nine and people who looked well into their seventies and nearly went in a few times. I hated every minute of the first 45 minutes or so, then it just became a very tiring but massive laugh. Right at the end two women in their 50s tried to overtake us, hit the bank and went in big time, we couldn't help them for laughing but they were ok.

TL:DR: Anyone who says rowing is easy can GTFO 

Got one for each of the Grump and Grin threads.

Grump,

Having to work on a Sunday morning when you've already worked your day off this week and it looks like you'll be working at least half of your day off next week.

Grin,

Getting paid time and a half to work on a Sunday morning and the weather is shit so there's nobody around, which means I've been doing bugger all apart from drinking coffee, eating bacon and talking shite on here.

Silver linings and all that.

I noticed that if something slightly overlaps the bottle of shampoo my daughter uses it reads 'real kids poo' instead of L'Oréal kids shampoo. Off to Morrisons now to rearrange their display for them.......

Mighty Car Mods Fanking material, right there. :-)

I'm not 100% and cannot confirm the driver other than it was a white dude. But based on my location and a quick Google of where the dude lives :blink:... I believe I saw this...

chirs-evans-cars-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4B

It's certainly been the day for driving a California.

This....

post-5532-0-88457800-1494504432_thumb.png

Wilkinsons wet and dry emery paper packaging.

Am unclear why the elephants.

'A smoother finish when wet' depicted by some wrinkled and decidedly un smooth wet elephants.

'Especially suitable for smoothing filler and cleaning electrical contacts' leaves me similarly bemused, but amused.

Although my latest 'nothing to lose' efforts at spraying the Oldsmobile in satin black is maybe what Wilkinsons cleverly foresaw.

As part of getting the Renault Modus on the road I had to change both dipped beam bulbs, because the last time it was driven both had packed up.

I had all the plastics off the top of the engine to put a new battery on and had read on a forum about someone who managed to change the bulbs "from the top" so I thought I would try.

New battery on, turn lights on to see what was what and the drivers side is working, bonus!

So I set to,trying to do the passenger side and got the cover off the back and was trying to figure the clip out without being able to see it,wiggling it when I noticed the bulb was on.

I wiggled everything and couldn't get it to go out again, so cover back on and I shall drive at night praying to the French God of illumination.

The other grin is the lorry I was driving three days ago caught fire today on the A47 and everyone got away unhurt.

I've made an executive desicion to come off the anti-depressants. That don't seem to be making me any happier, just moar tired, which then means i cba to do anything, which in turn cause teh grumps.

So i've been self medicating with this lot:

(And crack obvs)

Guest Hooli

Can't beat a nice bit of crack to cheer you up...

Anti-depressants always make me chuckle, I've never seen any that don't list suicidal thoughts as a side effect. Which seems to be proof they do fuck all as why else would you be on them?