What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Cavcraft sell that wooden box of shite as a "Hipster gift set" for max-winnage.

Spent part of yesterday at 1 of those 2 weekly auction house sales

2 Young beardy types went toe to toe over a wooden Players cigarette crate,and an old cardboard box also from Players fags

They got into 3 figures before 1 backed down.......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spent part of yesterday at 1 of those 2 weekly auction house sales

2 Young beardy types went toe to toe over a wooden Players cigarette crate,and an old cardboard box also from Players fags

They got into 3 figures before 1 backed down.......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I need people like that when I start sorting out and selling some of my collected rubbish

due to paperwork issues with the panda

couldnt go get without fear of 5-0 rapage in the cells/inthe showers/down the stairs in the back of the van

had to tell mammy why the civic was gone and why there wasnt another car in the driveway

told what sort - she went mad :lol:

she has calmed down tho

but hey ive saved 400 a year running cost AND shes not paid for it why apeshit over a newer car :D

which shed only rag down the side of the gate/have someone drive into it and then we'd cry

and also not laid out ££ if.when they tell her to stop driving and im stuck with 4-5k of car i wouldnt drive and have to sell :D

all she said was 3-4 year old and not white - hey its 6 years old and not white - whats not to like

i offered the visa but she chicken :D

Rover's wobbly wheel has been fixed and it cost nothing to do.  Turns out it was the lower strut bolt that wasn't loose, but had a manky enough thread that it wasn't tight enough and had started to work itself loose.  I bothered to take some short video to show just how wobbly it had become.  Was quite an irritating fault to find but one that I'm very glad I did, there's every chance that my drive to Maidstone and back (about 600 miles) would have seen the bolt come out and I don't even want to think about that happening at motorway speeds.

Bought an old bike from a very nice local eBay gent a good while back. He messaged me this morning to ask if I wanted a 'few old bike bits for nothing' and was kind enough to bring them round...

post-18246-0-41726600-1459682073.jpg

Is that an acetylene bike lamp?  Awesome tinkering toy for a winter's night in the back shed.

For the other bike lamps, you just need to pop into your time machine to buy some of these:

post-19725-0-53875800-1459752643_thumb.jpg

Or, if your scrounging skills are up to date, a E-to-D-cell adaptor:

img_0746.jpg

Got my 2300s converted to historic tax status after my second visit to the post office.

The guy was all for fobbing me off again but I just stood my ground and politely insisted that he could do it. Amazingly he then worked it out

although there was a rather large line of customers behind me when I left.

All post offices that can tax a car can do this even if the vehicle is already taxed (which does seem to confuse them).

Tell them the option to change it to historic tax is near the bottom of their screen and that even if it is already taxed the DVLA

will issue a refund once the logbook is changed to historic.

Idiot sister pissed me off to the point where I've decided she doesn't exist. Trying to run me over with a shitty kia does that to you.

She was moaning to Ma on the telephonic device that said kia is going to have to go to the garage tomorrow. Deity* moves very quickly these days it seems.

Although I've been paid out on the Discovery and the hire car has gone back I haven't fixed it yet.This morning I was offered a Volvo V40 diesel for £50.00 as it's got an oil leak.Be rude not to.It's done 190k but seems to drive ok.There is a faint turbo whistle but the pipe from the air filter to the turbo is split so that could be the noise.

Anyway I've got it on the ramp looking for the oil leak when a guy comes in for an MOT.He looks around the car and asks if I'm selling it as his wife needs a dog walking car.It's a 190k mile diesel estate that's cost me 50 quid and his first question was "how much service history ?" FFS.

Drove it home tonight and stuck at the railway crossing (as usual) opened the glovebox and, boom, a stack of bills and a service book stamped upto 170k.

Idiot sister pissed me off to the point where I've decided she doesn't exist. Trying to run me over with a shitty kia does that to you.

Was it the running over or the shitty Kia that offended you?

Maybe a running over from a lovely V8 P6 in Tobacco Leaf with a rich tan leather interior would be much more acceptable?

Talking to a bloke at work and he was happy to tell me he had bought a bike to replace the one that was parked up and a lovely car driver drove into and wrote off, lovely apparently it was right up my street have a look at it on the carpark

When I finished I went to the carpark and this beautiful cbx750 was looking back at me

post-4828-0-69794100-1459803664_thumb.jpg

It's fantastic condition