What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went for a drive out to Matlock last night for some fish n chips.

d06e9d58b3cdebcda5670dc2021c7678.jpg

It's ace sometimes when there is no one around and you can give it some.

Don't go today. I went down earlier but left when it started to get busy. Must have been over 500 bikes lined up. Then seen about 20/30 more on whatstandwell bridge. It then took me over an hour to get to hurt arms from a6 layby as there must have been a thousand various scooters,trikes,bikes etc made there way there. Protest ride at parking charges

I'm getting the S7 Edge and VR headset at some point next week too! 5 years in the mobile industry and its one of few phones that excites me currently.

Anyway, my grin is that I am off to Rome on Monday with my mum, treating her to a holiday as she hasn't been abroad since 2009.

Here's hoping I can spot some stuff as good as what I saw the past couple of times:

1984 Alfa Romeo Arna Ti. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

1978 Simca Horizon. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

1980s Alfa Romeo Alfetta Quadrifoglio Oro. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Brammy's back!

That barely covers it - you mean

!!!Brammy's back!!! 

:-D  :-D  :-D

Went for a bit of a bike ride earlier and was overtaken by a car I had to Google to find out what it was.

Caught it up later stuck in traffic, turns out it was an Alfa Romeo 4 C.

Class looking car which the driver gunned big time off some lights. It sounded ace but it did seem that it was a bit all noise and not much go to an extent.

Bit of a weird one but got into the Fiesta that I'd left parked in the sun to come to town and it smelled lovley inside :-) only thing I can say it smelled of was old Fords.

As always it drove really well. It has to be the best one I've ever owned, and I've had quite a few, and always makes me happy driving it.

post-17845-0-27354100-1457366875_thumb.jpg

Bit of a weird one but got into the Fiesta that I'd left parked in the sun to come to town and it smelled lovley inside :-) only thing I can say it smelled of was old Fords.

As always it drove really well. It has to be the best one I've ever owned, and I've had quite a few, and always makes me happy driving it.

attachicon.gif20160307_155145.jpg

oooooh, is it a ghia, or just a poverty plus with ghia bits added?

WE NEEEDZ THE INFORMATION!!

Just taken the dog for a walk and up the road some old duffer in an old Fiesta was going off his head because the person in front hadn't realised the lights had gone green.

He was constantly on the horn and shouting things (God knows what) and when the driver in front realised and started moving off, the old boy stalled his car and missed his turn at the lights.

The Flying Scotsman videos.

Putting the Great back into Great Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35672693

My step grandfather used to be a stoker and worked on th Scotsman from Leeds to York ( didn't stop just slowed down to walking pace so they could hop on and off), I think as they turned around staff. He always said he couldn't see what all the fuss was about as it was a bit of a cobbled together outfit to start with. He preferred the mallard.

After 9 months of delays and various issues I have exchanged contracts on the new skattrd_towers. There's lots of work to do on the place and money to be spent I haven't earned yet, but I'm hoping to be moved in and my fleet parked outside it before the end of the year ... I reckon there's parking outside for most of the fleet :D

oooooh, is it a ghia, or just a poverty plus with ghia bits added?

WE NEEEDZ THE INFORMATION!!

Not a Ghia but just above poverty spec being a popular plus but with Ghia bumpers I put on as the metal one had rotted through.

A previous owner stuck that silver stuff to the wheel arches to hid some wobbly looking bits that aren't actually that bad

Our copy of T.H.A.S.I.O.T.P. is sandwiched between The Science of Meat(vol.1) and Sheep Husbandry and diseases.

A few shelves up from my favourite:

Plywoods of the World. Their development, manufacture and Application.

Matt had a thing for "interesting" charity shop books.

Mate of mine sent it to me - "I've found a bible for you". Apparently I like spuds more than is "healthy". Must be my Irish ancestry :frown:

It does seem an unlikely subject for such a tome, you'd have thought a pamphlet would have covered it.

Apparently it's quite an important work, I mentioned it at work (when I was a plant research technician) and a couple of plant pathologists got quite uppity about me poking fun at it!

Maybe it is, potato blight, starvation, people buggering off to the colonies...

I wonder if there's a similar work about brussel sprouts.

After 9 months of delays and various issues I have exchanged contracts on the new skattrd_towers. There's lots of work to do on the place and money to be spent I haven't earned yet, but I'm hoping to be moved in and my fleet parked outside it before the end of the year ... I reckon there's parking outside for most of the fleet :D

I thought you'd be using the car park by the weekend ;)