What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not sure this is a grin/grim./or just worrying....

As mentioned elsewhere, I went to Halfords to get stuff and when I came out, there were two lads with a nice Pug 306. What is the grin/grim is that they asked what my car was worth and when I said, they agreed because they'd been on eBay to find out the cars value! They showed me the page with them at 20, 24 and 28 thousand quid (oh and one at 15 but we are forgetting that one!).

At the time, I was sort of chuffed that they could confirm the price (I daren't look after the amount I've spent!) but then I started thinking: why?

Is this a 'thing' now where bored youths google your car and give valuations on the spot like a mobile 'we buy any car'?

So I'm sort of grinning but in a worried/concerned way!

Its a brand new house. Living room,kitchen and downstairs toilet,then upstairs have utility room,bathroom and bedroom. Got a double driveway,1 bedroom though but its all I need. I'll put some internal pics up later,trying to find some carpet,a cooker and a washer now and I'm all set. This year I great so far.

Nice one Bub, looks like your lucks on the turn chap. Told ya didn't I? You certainly are a lucky chap to be moving into a house like that. It's true to say though, sometimes we all need a helping hand in life.

In other news, it looks like Sis_Sterling wants to go down the chod route. She wants to learn to drive soon and is applying for her provisional, as a car for herself she has been eyeing up Mk2 Fiat Puntos (of course, being a teenager, this is subject to change, unless she is anything like me and keeps on until she gets the car that she wants) with a preference for 5-doors, but a 3-door wouldn't go a miss.

Its a brand new house. Living room,kitchen and downstairs toilet,then upstairs have utility room,bathroom and bedroom. Got a double driveway,1 bedroom though but its all I need. I'll put some internal pics up later,trying to find some carpet,a cooker and a washer now and I'm all set. This year I great so far.

Get patio doors for the downstairs living room and it's a bedsit upstairs, garage downstairs bachelor pad...;)

Had to deliver something to my Aunt's place 150 miles away - said item wouldn't fit in big but shallow Rover 75 boot, so epic 300-mile trip in ye olde P6B.

WCPGW?

Nothing at all. The car performed flawlessly all the way there and back, even with the 1970s air conditioner yammering away for 5 hours solid.

A tribute to Nelson's finest, and the NZ motor industry in general.