What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just booked my car in to a very well regarded (by my 'not a girl friend' and she's a monumental fussy fucker!) body shop to get my bumper sorted out. Obviously not taking it back tot he two twats that did the last lot as every time I polish or clean the sod I find more faults in the paint! Just had to polish a patch under the doors they colour sanded and then forgotten about!

Can someone remind me on the 4th 'cos I AIN'T GOT A FUCKING CALENDAR!!!!!   :)

..................  so I said to the Elf

" I seem to have bought some old car from someone I don't know and some else I don't know is going to bring it to me, but my job is at risk and may be finished soon and I want to go fishing but the river runs out the Atlas mountains down to the sea and I had to sell my shed in Portugal so my orange trees where Mr Orange and his family were born now belongs to someone else so I can't sling my hammock between the trees and pick fruit in the sunshine anymore.

The Elf said "emmmmm"

I went on

"My redundancy won't be much and my pension will be buggered, I have my ole dads fishing rod he made himself but didn't get to use. My motorbike won't start and there's holes in the driveway, my socks smell.  I've baked a cake.

The Elf said "emmmm"

I carried on

"I really don't know what to do, should I get another derelict shed in Portugal with my redundancy then drive some old car i don't know anything about to the Atlas mountains and spend my time fishing with my old dad's fishing rod?"

The Elf, pointing,  said " That way lies Chaos"

And indeed it does

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@40.6385998,-7.9552638,13z

post-7239-0-18166700-1450965150_thumb.jpg

They've announced the potential line-up for new Top Gear;

Chris Evans, Sabine Schmit, Chris Harris.

Has the potential to make it a program about car reviews rather than glorified public school boys own annals, I hope.

Chris Harris is great, no trace of ego and a genuine love for all things car, and I reckon Chris Evans will be bearable. Much better than the other three who were unwatchable. Might actually watch it!

Look how down to earth and amazed by old crap cars he is:

https://youtu.be/74QIHOyJD9U?t=328

There is a thread for eBay dreamers but this is in a class of its own, so it's here instead....

Bloke on the Bentley forum (bloody foreigner ) has a car identical to mine, same colour, year, spec everything and wants, wait for it......

110,000 euros for it!!!

Blimey, that's about three quid in real money!

as i remember, vauxhall, generally and john cleleand especially whinged the most about alfa romeo reading the rule book twice, carefully and then asking a lawyer what they thought, so that they could sell the 155 silverstone with the extra bits for the front splitter and back spoiler, in the boot, under the spare wheel.

and then complaining even more when aldi went and did the same thing with their A4 quattro.....

scottish twat.

that should really be in the grumpy thread, sorry!

The last interesting thing to happen in motorsport! I watched live and it was amazing, especially as a fan of Cavalier GSi.

I'm tempted to try and organise some sort of AS Forza race, but don't know if it'll fall flat on its face when it turns out there's more Megadrive owners than Xbox owners on here.

There's some class old chod in there though. I got a screenshot with the X1/9, a Volvo Amazon and a Fiat Panda or something.

Finally the internet proper is installed and crikey Fibre is fast!  Been lurching along on basic internet with an ancient computer for so long I hadn't realised how crap it was (much like my car history, really).  As a nice little Christmas bonus, Open Reach technician who came out was remarkably easy on the eye and not at all patronising when I couldn't work out how to make the new modemyrouterthingy appear on my new computer.  So I am in a good mood.  Also, Carmageddon:Reincarnation which was bought for me in March of 2014 is currently downloading so I can play that after a very, very long wait!  It's the first time I've had a competent enough computer to play it so I missed out on all the beta testing but hopefully also missed out on the worst of the bugs.

I'm tempted to try and organise some sort of AS Forza race, but don't know if it'll fall flat on its face when it turns out there's more Megadrive owners than Xbox owners on here.

There's some class old chod in there though. I got a screenshot with the X1/9, a Volvo Amazon and a Fiat Panda or something.

I am up for it, I am on forza 6 and just drive around in my Clio williams wishing and pretending the one in my garage actually moved.

I would have been happy with £200 for both of these bikes combined, both 30+ year old non-runners in shit condition.

Can't believe what just happened... £300+ each!!!!

post-5452-0-66137300-1451003365_thumb.png

Either every bidder is pissed, or nobody has any sense of the value of money anymore!

I would have been happy with £200 for both of these bikes combined, both 30+ year old non-runners in shit condition.

Can't believe what just happened... £300+ each!!!!

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20151225_0001.png

Either every bidder is pissed, or nobody has any sense of the value of money anymore!

i was looking at the top townmate............

300 tho :o

That just silly.

Last year. my bro after many year not riding (even back then it was only a Honda H100 SII), that he'd get back on two wheels again.

And he bought a fucking Cub. No ordinary Cub, but a brand-new "Little Cub 14".

23845292452_a03f7ab66f.jpg

Honda Little Cub 14 (1) by E Honda, on Flickr

23585697249_a979689669.jpg

Honda Little Cub 14 (2) by E Honda, on Flickr

But living in Japan, it worked out it was only about the equivalent of £975. That's exactly the sum of money that would of bought me, in 1991, a Yamaha YB100.

I expect those C90s etc are expensive now because it seems the world and his wife are turning them into stupid looking 'bobbers' and customs with leg burning exhausts. 

I hope the front brake is still like a pogo stick on them, that might (not) stop a few in their tracks.

I love my c90. Had a couple and one town mate. Lights left a bit to be desired on the t80 and I prefered the cub over it anyway. Definitely would have another but seems the prices are too high. Been rising for a few years. Standard ones with windscreens and no arse rot command good money now.

Just booked my car in to a very well regarded (by my 'not a girl friend' and she's a monumental fussy fucker!) body shop to get my bumper sorted out. Obviously not taking it back tot he two twats that did the last lot as every time I polish or clean the sod I find more faults in the paint! Just had to polish a patch under the doors they colour sanded and then forgotten about!

Can someone remind me on the 4th 'cos I AIN'T GOT A FUCKING CALENDAR!!!!!   :)

Google calender will remind you and your ISP will have a calender too.

Also one on your phone.