What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I mentioned on the cycle thread that I was after a mudguard for my mountain bike and was wondering which was the best one to get. 'Dome' on here very kindly sent me a pair out free of charge which was a very nice touch and I'm very grateful.

Thanks, Brian, that was very good of you.

I think this is enough arseing about

post-17914-0-58241800-1450882136_thumb.jpg

post-17914-0-09275000-1450882179_thumb.jpg

post-17914-0-37507100-1450882225_thumb.jpg

Big handle at the heavy end for shifting it about, small handle at the light end for manoeuvring.

Wheels cost about 2.50 each, I had to buy a bit more steel too, so total cost was about 20 quid (although I have lots of steel left as I can only buy it in 3 meter lengths): I could've bought pneumatic wheels/tyres for a tenner each but I thought maybe they'd look like wheelbarrow wheels on this thing. Nobody sells cotter pins here, I was going to use split pins but then I thought sod it and made something up using a length of steel heating pipe and a screw.  The chain holding the bottle on was once a dog lead but somebody managed to tie it in knots. It's not fixed to the trolley because I know I'll eventually do something stupid like try to lift the whole lot with one hand and sod my back up again, however it was fine on the trundle back to the boiler house and up the step.

Happy Christmas me :D

Well had a quite a formal job interview yesterday with some weird multi part questions. Thought I'd done OK but not great as I didn't answer the question very well about what I would bring to the job (I already do it for a different company). Said they were after 12 but had a lot of people to interview in other areas.

They rang today offering me the job! No start date yet and they want to see my qualifications, shit I don't have them I made up the GCSE thing. Luckily I have an IMI level 2 that they'll take. Seems a but stupid as I was doing a more qualified job for 7 years...

Anyway still mega happy :-)

Got a new bumper for my 2cv.

db1e5ebc64c7ac6316153466a677c1c4.jpg

It's in primer at the moment, can't decide whether to paint it in cellulose grey, Rustoleum black or get it powder coated.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Oooh, PO bumper? Don't powder coat it. It's rubbish. My Louis Barbour bumper (and my rear adventure bar) has not done well with powder coating. The stuff just chips, cracks and then traps moisture in. And worse, is then a pain to get rid of. Paint all the way! But I'd zinc primer it before paint.

Oooh, PO bumper? Don't powder coat it. It's rubbish. My Louis Barbour bumper (and my rear adventure bar) has not done well with powder coating. The stuff just chips, cracks and then traps moisture in. And worse, is then a pain to get rid of. Paint all the way! But I'd zinc primer it before paint.

Yes, it's one of Louis' new bumpers. Solid bit of kit. Thanks for the heads-up regarding powder coating, I've got to paint the light bar too so I will try and paint with celly.

They've announced the potential line-up for new Top Gear;

Chris Evans, Sabine Schmit, Chris Harris.

Has the potential to make it a program about car reviews rather than glorified public school boys own annals, I hope.

The headline I read was "BBC Announces unknown presenters alongside Chris Evans" or something equally daft.

Yeah, because Sabine has only been on Old New Top Gear (as it shall forthwith be called) about five times, including one show pretty much dedicated to her and a Transit Van, and shock horror Chris Harris is someone who knows about driving, and not about larking around.

And then it went on to suggest there will be episodes that are just Evans and nobody else.

The headline I read was "BBC Announces unknown presenters alongside Chris Evans" or something equally daft.

Yeah, because Sabine has only been on Old New Top Gear (as it shall forthwith be called) about five times, including one show pretty much dedicated to her and a Transit Van, and shock horror Chris Harris is someone who knows about driving, and not about larking around.

And then it went on to suggest there will be episodes that are just Evans and nobody else.

It's incredible isn't it? The worst launch since the Rover 75, when BMW went "New car! Oh, by the way, we think Rover is doomed."

Went to Ludlow today because I like Ludlow and I like being there. Had a fairly good day of picture taking/wondering around/charity shopping (didn't buy much though) I also managed to bag a space in one of the narrowest roads in Ludlow in the centre of the town. It's unrestricted parking but the road is so narrow all cars have to drive partly on the pavement to get passed, but it's such an unused road residents just park there anyway. No parking charges = a relaxed day wondering around.

Only grump was nearly smacking a racist bigot twat who had given a Romanian girl selling the Big Issue a hard time in front of a lot of people, she looked Muslim as she was wearing a headscarf. Admittedly I'd not seen the actual incident but came across it and asked what had been going on, twat_lad was still mouthing off at the people trying to protect her. Told the racist tosser to do one before I did something that would land me a criminal record, thankfully he was also being given a hard time by several other people including 4 young girls and 2 young lads.

I then bought £10 credit for my phone, somehow I'd left the bloody receipt at the till and only realised when I got home, I called up the shop and they did everything to help including giving me the number over the phone which I was able to add credit. Excellent!

Still need to visit the actual castle itself though.

Got a new bumper for my 2cv.

db1e5ebc64c7ac6316153466a677c1c4.jpg

It's in primer at the moment, can't decide whether to paint it in cellulose grey, Rustoleum black or get it powder coated.

Get another one, place it facing down, paint the cross section in red and paint the verticals in white.

Pretend your car is a vampire.