What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

This made me grin.....

8:08am Friday 4th December 2015

A CRASH involving two blue BMWs blocked a road close to Moreton near Dorchester.

The cars, registered to two different men both living in Wareham, crashed at 7.20am this morning, Dorset Police said.

The crash happened on the bridge close to Wessex Trailers Limited in Waddock on the B3390.

Officers said that no-one was injured in the crash but the road was blocked.

Officers put a road closure in place between the turning to Moreton and Waddock Cross while the emergency services worked and the vehicles were recovered.

The road was cleared shortly after 10am

Now why would an accident make me grin..... The background is this is just up the road from where I live and the bridge is no more than a slight hump with brick walls either side. it is a car and 3/4s wide and the rule is whoever gets to it first has right of way.... unless of course you drive a BMW or two ...... :-P  :-P  :-P

I would have thought a shiters instinct would be to always leave a vehicle in gear

the one particular time i dont...... :lol:

its not in the grump thread as i went out in the big transit this afternoon

got back and boss wasnt there - he was rang as it happened - what did say??

nowt

also we were stood to the left of the gate - if thered been no gate squashu :/

This was going to enter the Grumpy thread but Step dad Fred saved the day .

Xmas shopping with the old dears, a day I dreaded Mother in a wheelchair and Fred being half blind and deaf with a trolley.

Outspoken as old folk tend to be, Fred sees a low slung batty boy hipster with his trouseys half mast, and as he is half deaf nigh on shouts '' Fuck me lad I can you Piles from here''

I collapsed in laughter, and a fair few shoppers did as well, poor hipster pulled his strides up and walked out the store. God I love little times like this,

I had to treat em with cream cakes n coffee at a cafe just for that

Earnt £30 this morning servicing a neighbors golf. Was quite nice doing some light spannering to take my mind off things!

Bloody vag though, everything was fiddly. He said hes off to the tip this afternoon so said he would take my oil can and empty it, and the 5l veg bottle i emptied the oil can into so i could do his oil!

He needs the front brakes doing on hus van and a service next year, said to let me know, more money!

He helped me with some of the bits, the oil filler for example, is flat, with half of it blocked off so he had to hold a cut in half bottle and the right angle whilst I dribbled the oil in. Coil packs are held in with a plastic tray, so we lifted the whole tray up until the coil packs popped, then took the packs off.

He said it's not getting hot though, with no heat from the heaters. I think thermostat, but there's fuck all info on google on the job, and the stat itself looks waaaaaay too over complicated. May not mention that to him for a while! 1.6fsi incase anyone knows. (as you look at the car) the RH fan comes on with the ignition, and stays on, although when we fired it up to check the fans after changing the cabin filter it didn't come on. He's going to see how it is going to the tip and note any improvement. Hope he remembers to keep my oil can upright in the boot, it leaks a bit from the mashed up bungs...

Cabin filter was full of leaves as well, and the how to guide I found said to remove loads of screws which didnt fucking need removing, stupid vag licker how to guide.

I saw the most humongous guy driving a car today, he seemed bigger than the car, think it was a 5 door pug but he had his seat right back and it was like he was driving from the rear seat,he had the window open as his technique of getting comfy was to put his huge arm out and grab the roof as a sort of grab handle.

I was trying not to stare but everyone else was open mouthed, he was just huge

I saw the most humongous guy driving a car today, he seemed bigger than the car, think it was a 5 door pug but he had his seat right back and it was like he was driving from the rear seat,he had the window open as his technique of getting comfy was to put his huge arm out and grab the roof as a sort of grab handle.

5426256154_c807c819cb_b.jpgDSC_3900 by RichardB5, on Flickr

I was out in the front garden this afternoon, when a young lad (looked about 17) drove past with what I assume was his grandad.  He was evidently in the early stages of learning to drive - L plates on car, slow and cautious, leant forward in the seat, shuffling the wheel etc.

The car?  An immaculate 1966 Morris 1000.  I know we often bang on on here about how kids should learn to drive in a Minor to teach them proper car control, but I never thought in this day and age that I'd actually see it happen.

post-17837-0-64343100-1449397088_thumb.jpg

I was out in the front garden this afternoon, when a young lad (looked about 17) drove past with what I assume was his grandad.  He was evidently in the early stages of learning to drive - L plates on car, slow and cautious, leant forward in the seat, shuffling the wheel etc.

The car?  An immaculate 1966 Morris 1000.  I know we often bang on on here about how kids should learn to drive in a Minor to teach them proper car control, but I never thought in this day and age that I'd actually see it happen.

Weird coincidence - there is a girl on our estate learning in a pristine blue Minor.

CVklyT7WEAA7M8x.jpg

CVklyeuWUAMddOe.jpg

I've not done any baking for easily a year now and I can report the oven in this house is excellent for it.  Buns are Amaretto with almond flavoured icing that accidentally turned out the colour of gore when it should have been royal purple.  I have called them Murder Buns.  The mince pies, on the other hand, have Mary Berry levels of booze in them and aside from the icing sugar explosion are delicious, especially with the cinnamon pastry.

I love baking but just couldn't bear to do it in the old house and now here I am happily munching my way through home made nommables fresh from the oven.