What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

It was on ebay so I went to have a look at it and bought it outside of ebay for a grand. The seller was pretty sound. A hot rodder who was building a 32 pickup in his shed. So far everything he told me about the van and any faults it has has been spot on.

It was originally a panel van and someone has started to dayvan-ise it (before the previous owner bought it) and four seats. I've since pulled out the rear seats and head lining. We're going to pimp out the interior with a double bed etc and trim it out proper 'vannin' style. Fat slot mags or Cragars and chrome side pipes will be applied too 8) It's got a little bit of rust on a couple of arches and a bit on the bonnet but it's remarkably solid. Paint's not bad but grim colour. Hopefully we'll paint it next spring.

It's not economical in the slightest but I don't really care. I reckon it gets about 17-18mpg. Squidgy ride, comfy seats with arm rests, effortless driving and V8 auto lazyness are worth paying the extra for! That and it's awesome for intimidating tree huggers in hybrids.

Here's the arse end...

Posted Image

Nice 70's looking dash...

Posted Image

Empty inside. That side window behind the drivers seat will be coming out and the panel welded back in.

Posted Image

This week, I'm mainly smiling because the 2CV event we organised at the weekend was a rip-roaring success! Absolutely draining to help run the thing but soooo good to see so many people enjoying themselves.2CVers do like a drink though. There were ales on tap but we still generated half a tonne of glass through bottles...There were about 850 paying adults, and 100 or so kiddies. Big event!

This ad on R-R made me chuckle recently. I dont know why its funny, I think its probably the sheer half-arsedness of the guy's effort to sell his car as having a trivial fault, rather than the almost inevitable parped engine. Its almost as if he knows its parped and is making it as obvious as possible to potential buyers so as not to mislead, without actually coming out and saying 'the engine is almost certainly shafted'.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=65781

Anyway he plucked up the courage in the end to come clean.

Sadly can't claim credit for the video, which ranks amongst the most excellent things I've ever seen. I especially like the bit in the Express Tyres ad where he drives around on some waste land.