What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Whilst browsing Trademe as a denial tactic for stuff I should actually be getting on with, I came across this advert for a rather tempting Morris LD150:

428073844.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/morris/auction-987889358.htm

Don't worry, I'm not going to buy it. However, the seller put up a link to his Facebook page, promoting his "small business buying and selling classic cars and parts through out New Zealand and Europe" and he's dealing in some quality products, a lot of which are temptingly cheap! Take a look at https://www.facebook.com/classiccarsnz to see for yourself. Thankfully, it's accessible by all as you don't need an account to view the page or the brilliant pics. Enjoy!

Just been looking for cars like mine for sale... all this places fault 'cos someone posted a link to an ad for my old Turbo R and I started to worry about  values. Loads of Turbo R for sale for a  lot less than mine but late cars are more - just seen one the same as mine for £28K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still doesn't make mine a bargain though.... :(

AA wanted £££ for breakdown. Using quidco managed to get joint cover through RAC with homestart for £85, bargainous.

Now been sent an offer from RAC for £30 amazon voucher due their winter promotion. Excellent! 

You have to wonder sometimes...

I live in a 9th floor apartment, in a block of 115 similar apartments. I have no loft (there's 2 floors above me) and one external wall which is all glass.

Some poor sod has been walking the corridors this morning to deliver these:

eb753e5589635c8796006291bd700620.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

post 115 leaflets- check

keep out of weather whilst delivering 115 leaflets- check

spend couple of hours out of weather whilst delivering 115 leaflets- check

Vulg I can seriously tell you a r8 214 can take off faster than a bug eye Subaru Impreza turbo that has a chav cannon on the back in the traffic light grand prix, embarrassing the driver infront of his lady passenger that he was trying to impress by racing a crap old car :-) it happened in between 2 sets of traffic lights that were close to each other so he didn't get chance to overtake

Vulg I can seriously tell you a r8 214 can take off faster than a bug eye Subaru Impreza turbo that has a chav cannon on the back in the traffic light grand prix, embarrassing the driver infront of his lady passenger that he was trying to impress by racing a crap old car :-) it happened in between 2 sets of traffic lights that were close to each other so he didn't get chance to overtake

I was following the only R8 214 I've seen up here (very rusty), that thing could shift!

Did this actually happen or am I being thick? 1.4 vs 2.0 turbo?

12301600_1104531829571270_52703206291269

Ah, this is a special lexus model where to outdo the competition in the 'why did they take something that fundamentally works and make it worse in the name of progress' stakes.

They decided to replace the metal brake disc with friction material in the form of a clutch friction plate, and then make the 'pads' out of metal.

obviously this would have been impossible with drum brakes, but once someone realised that a brake disc and a clutch plate were the same shape, the idea took hold.

It didn't catch on.

Something in Modern Classics inspired me to dig out my Ronin DVD. Apart from the fact that every single vehicle (apart from maybe the Pug van) is shite in some way or other, you can also pass the time by playing the "spot the stunt black Twingo" game. I think I got to about 10.

Happy not just grin. Summer is showing it's hand, it is now 9.50pm on Thursday, sky is clear with a full moon. There is not a breath of wind and my temp gauge reads 22c inside, max was 24 today. And the forecast is crap and high winds. May it continue getting better.