What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Who throws away perfectly good mowers? Its a funny old world. Anyway, I'll give it a proper clean up and fit a few bits from my spares stash, but literally 2 hours work will turn this £6 mower into a nice bit of pocket money for me and a reliable workhorse for the buyer.

Fools sucked in by the iron pyrite promise of "shiny" and "new"

Your lucky, our tip won't let me have anything

They're ok here, the only problem is Croats don't generally throw anything away until it's been fixed and fixed until it can't be fixed no more. And then, like as not, they'll take a hammer to it for good measure.

However I did get a wheelchair out of them once, 4 flat perished tyres and a broken frame tube. Heavy as hell but one day I'll get around to fixing it. Probably just before I start needing it...

Fuck me you really can't get your stance fix with a Peugeot, that there's been hit with the biggest lowering stick of evah and it's still rocking a ride height that would look a tad ungainly on a 4X4.

You have to wonder sometimes...

I live in a 9th floor apartment, in a block of 115 similar apartments. I have no loft (there's 2 floors above me) and one external wall which is all glass.

Some poor sod has been walking the corridors this morning to deliver these:

eb753e5589635c8796006291bd700620.jpg

Did it come from the postman? If so its an unaddressed doordrop, i book them in for a living (not that company though)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bored a work a couple of weeks ago waiting for someone to arrive but sitting with a PC and internet access and a little bit of cash. What can I get for  £120...emm...akkkk........ ooooooo.......it's got no wheels........flights+ hotel+4 days fishing on the Oued Souss  (River) south of Agadir near the Atlas Mountains. 

^ I hope you bought him some quality pre owned chod which needs lots of welding, im sure from reading your posts of your parents urging you to get rid of your shite he would be over the moon

He actually quite likes fixing the 1300, although he refuses to admit it and refuses to drive it. He wants me to give him the 1850HL so he can "dispose" of it, I haven't given it to him!

went over to the other halves today, it seems that the last couple of times i've nearly been cleaned up by some twat in a dark grey ashtray and his twerp of a mate in a white corsa racing each other.

lo and behold today on the way over to castleton they came hairing passed, as usual overtaking where i couldn't see what was round the next corner nevermind them been able to see anything.

they must be strong with the force....

but today about 15 odd miles further on,i came round a tight left hand corner and there is was, a grey astra embedded in the bank on the other side of the road, with 2 young twats looking like, a pair of twats (thinking how they are going to explain this to their mammy?)

they must have come beltin' round the bend, and then had the car go straight on, over the ditch and up over the bank behind.

i slowed down....

nelson_haha.jpg

halfwits.

You have to wonder sometimes...

I live in a 9th floor apartment, in a block of 115 similar apartments. I have no loft (there's 2 floors above me) and one external wall which is all glass.

Some poor sod has been walking the corridors this morning to deliver these:eb753e5589635c8796006291bd700620.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ask them round for a quote!

You know what? The people who moan about this place going down the drain and 'its not what it never once was' can shove it.

A few weeks ago I posted up a frantic 'Help! Gearbox urgently needed!' post as the Almera's box was making dire noises and isn't long for this world. The response anywhere else would be 'LOLZ scrap it, its a shit car anyway', but the little Nissan has done us proud after being bought as a stop-gap 4 years ago. Its a pleasure to work on due to loads of access for a FWD car, is utterly reliable and has sailed through every MOT we've taken it for. Its cheap, reliable and frugal, so I want to fix it. Its the least the little soldier deserves after 70k of virtually hassle-free motoring. Its 19 years old has hasn't had a single FTP in the 4 years we've owned it.

A fellow member contacted me with a very kind offer of not only a gearbox, but a pair of headlights, pair of tailights and radiator from his spares stash, put it on a pallet, took it to a depot and had it delivered to me today and has refused to take payment for any of it until I was satisfied that it had arrived and was in the described condition.

This will keep my little car going strong for another 140k miles I hope, and has saved an unloved but fundamentally sound car from being crushed just because of a broken gearbox.

It really is a great place here, and without people like this, the world would be a worse place. Long may the forum survive because I've not found anywhere else, real or on the interwebz where people are so helpful, encouraging and willing to lend a hand, advise, provide encouragement and provide spare parts to keep others going. Almost always for free or as close to free as possible.

I hope one day that I can provide some assistance to others the way I've been helped with all manner of things through this forum.

All I can offer this time around will be a write up of the operation for anyone interested, and hopefully some gratuitous photography - but to the people who continue to help others just because they are members of this little corner of the internet, well done.

Tbh I tend to ignore, ignore, ignore this problem rather than invest in preventative maintenance, purely because it's easy not to notice and it's a disgusting minging job.

But I'd never call someone out to do it once it was causing a problem... I just roll up my sleeves, put on some gloves and gag.

I'm really, really, really enjoying living in this new house.  I'm all productive in a non-manic way with my work.  I'm catching up on workload and I'm not constantly on edge.  I am chilling and stuff.  It's great.  Combined with the silly collectioneering antics of chompy, the Renault 20 Autoshite meme of sorts and general shenanigans and good eggs on this place things are ace.

Smiley happy lovely post bigging up all the smiley happy lovely things that are happening.

Guy at Nissan Parts rang me up yesterday to let me know that he had to re-order The Bloody Rocker Cover Gaskets because of a strange message he got from Japan. Doubt it'll make any difference to when they arrive but, ya know, nice of him to ring me to tell me that he had to do that.