What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

while been over at the temple of doom (the father in laws) i have washed and dried the mini, my metro and the xj6.

for even more giggles, i've brought the mini home this evening.

tomorrow we are doing to a social thing with the rover 75 club tomorrow. as the 75 is in disgrace again with a kippered clutch master cylinder, we need to use another vehicle. 

another rover will be deputising for the 75, this time the mini. both are from longbridge, and the mini/metro line was turned over to the 75 production after the end of the mini.

Was chatting to an older chap from my running club at the local Parkrun this morning and he asked if I owned the white Rover he'd spotted in my driveway when walking past.  When I confirmed that yes, it was mine, he started to tell me about his Rover - a post-war P2 no less, which gets regularly used although I've yet to spot it out and about.  He was telling me how it hadn't actually cost all that much to buy and 'you've got to treat yourself sometimes, haven't you?'  He then casually dropped into the conversation the phrase 'I've also got a fawn-coloured Borward Isabella'.  

That was very surprising, I'd seen it around a few times (I can be pretty sure it'd be his, not many of those around!) but hadn't clocked the driver.  I know nothing much about them but always thought it was a particularly lovely old thing and very, very tidy.  Now I've found out it's him, I'll have to get to know him better!  He believes in using the cars properly and told me he had to go to Germany to get it (I didn't know Borgward was West German).  Apparently, he's since found out it may be the oldest one left in the country too.  

Went to a rather fancy wedding. The Groom turned up in this.

CJonxHvWwAA_xUP.jpg

The wedding car was a Beauford unfortunately, but I guess they are practical for that sort of thing.

You can just see the XM's nose here at the reception. The Range Rover owners didn't stop for a chat. That's my sister-in-law's Skoda and Mrs DW in the yellow dress. 

CJpNudbXAAAL3tx.jpg

Our main success story was getting the bride to ride a huge, bronze horse. Well, if you don't ask, you don't get. I haven't sifted through those pics yet.

Also, fascinators genuinely are fascinating.

not really car related but had my son here this weekend. He turned up with his tool box and a chunk of wood that looks like it was once part of a coffee table. His mates told him there was no way he could turn it into a skateboard

a_Ieuan.jpg

hardly a massive engineering undertaking granted, but he's finding his way around the spanners and is bloody minded with it. He did the whole job in my living room too, because it was raining and some twat has stuffed an X1/9 in the garage

As I mentioned in my Lazy Spotters post I has a weekend away with the family. Little did I know that the owner of the cabin we rented is a big car head and invited me to look at his cars in his 6+ garage.

Camaro up for sale for $26k ish (good for 11 sec 1/4 mile apparently)

post-3927-0-06815100-1436796774_thumb.jpg

1950 Chevy, rust free, all metal, no filler it was done old skool with lead.

post-3927-0-82666800-1436796776_thumb.jpg

post-3927-0-36592800-1436796781_thumb.jpg

1934 (?) Chevy with a very rare blower on it. Bought from some drag racers in North Carolina that made about 12 of them before they went bust. This is 1 of 2 that have survived.

post-3927-0-28128100-1436796784_thumb.jpg

His latest project for his wife is a 2CV. He's ripped out the old motor and in the process of installing a 750cc from a BMW motorbike guess it's either a R75/5 or 75/6. He's built some sort of adaptor/clutch/flywheel thing and now turning his attention to the brakes. He said he'll take this down the drag strip too just for giggles.

post-3927-0-28095100-1436796787_thumb.jpg

post-3927-0-30513500-1436796790_thumb.jpg