What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Meh, the strong box turned out to be one of those wee pressed metal petty cash boxes like yer ma would use at a carboot sale.

Stood it on end and stamped on it and it burst open. 

Contents - travellers cheques, now with muddy footprint. Lucky it wasnt a Faberge egg or something.

Awww, that's a bit anticlimactic. And there you was with your diamond tipped drills, jackhammer, thermal lance and sticks of TNT...

Many years ago where my mate's dad worked they had a safe in the office. One night it was stolen, there were drag marks across the office and down the stairs. He always wondered what they thought when they opened it up because the key had been lost years before, they got into it by unscrewing the back. Totally useless as a safe it was just there as an ornament.

Meh, the strong box turned out to be one of those wee pressed metal petty cash boxes like yer ma would use at a carboot sale.

Stood it on end and stamped on it and it burst open. 

Contents - travellers cheques, now with muddy footprint. Lucky it wasnt a Faberge egg or something.

Should have used the jelly on it anyway.

Customer service is not dead!

post-5223-0-51816000-1420489972_thumb.jpg

After a phone call last week to the suppliers of my new welder to ask for advice, they reckoned that 0.8 mm wire was pushing it a bit for butt welding bodywork, and sent out a reel of 0.6 mm by next day courier :-) Arrived today so hopefully will try it tomorrow - if I turned down the current enough to stop it blowing through, it was reluctant to actually start the arc and just spat out a red-hot coil of wire on the surface.

My wheeltrims arroved today frpm Jackytwoshoes. Asked him how much he wanted.

"You can have them"

How much postage?

"It wasn't a lot, so don't worry about it. Just make a donation to the forum"

Donation duly made.

This place IS what it used to be.

Sorry chaps, it's a facebook grin for me... changed my cover picture this morning at work as I'm bored and there is naff all doing. My cover pictures are normally somewhat off the wall but I didn't expect this comment. Tea/Computer interface moment.

No names changed to protect the innocent.

post-4240-0-89561700-1420538086_thumb.jpg

In Rons defence, I used to have Virgin Media and they tried billing me £250 worth of calls that I never made and flatly refused to beleive that it wasn't me despite me being the only person with access to the phone and not even being in the area when several of the calls took place. Took six months of arguing with them until they finally came back and said 'Oh yeah, our mistake' but they still refuse to take the bad credit marks off my account for me not paying the money I didn't owe. WNKRS.

My lad: 'Dad, have you got a shit car I can borrow to go to Knowsley Safari Park next weekend?

Me: LOL

Him: Which one of your shit cars can I borrow to go to Knowsley Safari Park next weekend?