What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I remember reading a quote from an ex-driver (can't remember who) who said that any athlete in peak physical condition could be a decent F1 driver. The last ones to really show any driving skill and style of their own were people like Prost and Senna - now it's just varying degrees of speed and reliability. Which is great if that's what you enjoy, but it's a bit like watching someone else playing endless scalextric.

I don't know why people argue over whether the drivers would do better in whatever car or whatever track, it's the same thing every time. If you put a faster driver in a faster car, he will be faster. If you put him in a slower car, he will be slower. He may not even win the race. The only other thing people talk about F1 is whether another driver did something to another one on the track. I've not heard of any other differing conversation on the topic.

Of all motorsport it is the one I cannot bear to watch. It is like watching paint dry.

Give me NASCAR or the aussie V8 supercars any day.

I can't stand Lewis Hamilton because he try's to fill his personality vacuum by pretending he's going out with that fuckwit pussy cat doll and wearing a diamond ear ring. I'd have much more respect for him if he was just honestly boring.

Sebastian Loeb for instance is probably the best driver in the world just now but he's also very boring, which you have to respect. He just is who he is.

Eh? Seb has spent most of this year crying because his car isn't as good as the other boys. Personally, they should make drivers change car for every race. Lewis is far better at getting speed out of a poor car than someone like Jenson Button. I think that would actually be interesting.

Wrong seb;)

Yup, corsa b's are well known for their 2g lateral cornering forces and ability to decelerate at 5g;)

If you give me £18.7M per year I'll drive my Corsa to work and back several times a day, occasionally stopping at ATS to check the pressures in my Shong-Hing-Youi Wankfinder 165/70/14 'sport' tyres. Every now and then I'll almost overtake someone and shake my fist in the air as I go past the car park outside admin.

More than happy to endorse my £8 (from Windsor's Wold of Minge) GTX trainers and shag a few of All Saints here and there, too.

If you give me £18.7M per year I'll drive my Corsa to work and back several times a day, occasionally stopping at ATS to check the pressures in my Shong-Hing-Youi Wankfinder 165/70/14 'sport' tyres. Every now and then I'll almost overtake someone and shake my fist in the air as I go past the car park outside admin.

More than happy to endorse my £8 (from Windsor's Wold of Minge) GTX trainers and shag a few of All Saints here and there, too.

I thought you already had all the money and gear?or am i getting you confused with arnold clark again?

This little country has a continual problem, tourists driving rental cars. This last weekend has seen (in this area) a Canadian who pulled out onto the highway and looked to his left for traffic and discovered he should have looked the other way ! Six in hospital.

A Swiss who jus forgot to drive on the left, four in hospital, one listed as critical.

And then there was the Irish kayaker who tied his Kayak to the roof of his car. Police managed to stop him.

Here is a small photo of that incident taken by the police.

I was going to put up a photo but it doesn't want to work, so you will have to put up with the newspaper page.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11375187

It seems there's a 'People against Sharia law' page on FaceAche. It has nearly 5,000 members. I just can't help but laugh at the thought of them all frothing at the mouth and getting agitated about something that will never happen in Britain.

I haven't bothered trying to go on it as I'd probably just explode reading all the sort of shit I imagine they post on there.

Grin or grump?

Just had to go to the dealers again and as usual, took the dogs (Chester howls his tits off if he's left... then the neighbours return the favour!) and in the lovely posh showroom with marble tiles and pleasant smells, Chester cocked his leg on a brand new 4X4.

I was handed a roll of paper towels and a spray thing and made to clean it up myself! Call that service?

:) :) :) 

It seems there's a 'People against Sharia law' page on FaceAche. It has nearly 5,000 members. I just can't help but laugh at the thought of them all frothing at the mouth and getting agitated about something that will never happen in Britain.

I haven't bothered trying to go on it as I'd probably just explode reading all the sort of shit I imagine they post on there.

All 5, 000 odd of them are wasting their collective breath/keystrokes, the Law Society has already published guidelines relating to wills in compliance with Sharia law, stuff like women are excluded from being beneficiaries in the will, any non muslims and illegitimate children, even adopted children too are excluded. There was a study done by Civitas (a government agency, not some tuppeny ha'penny fly by night outfit either) not so long ago, found that there's more than 85 Sharia law courts operating in the UK, all outside the UK justice system, that is to say that all the laws passed by UK courts regarding sexual equality, gay rights et al go out the window. You're certainly right that Sharia law isn't going to be widespread in the UK, but it is happening, London Borough of Tower Hamlets in particular, under that nice* mayor Lutfur Rahman.

My grin for today: bought a bottle of Jägermeister and 6 shot glasses in a nice gift pack off a work colleague for €5 "I can't drink that shit its far too sweet" he said....Christmas present for my brother sorted then!

"Just zip a bit off that pallet so that we can get it between the legs on the engine crane."

My colleague claimed he couldn't find the jigsaw.82aea8d45c8045245753cb25c7f04e9d.jpg

DISLIKE

(Puts on health and safety man hat)

I had a carbon cutting disc go pop on me once, was stupidly cutting a piece of wood as all the saws in the shed were blunt. The blade overheated and shattered, scared the shit out of me, and was not much fun shaving for the next two weeks, drag razor over face BUMP, (now ex) girlfriend with magnifying glass and tweezers has to pull fragments of cutting disc out of my face. Not pleasant. Lucky it was winter and I was wearing thick coat, trousers and longjohns, not my usual summer attire of shorts and boots.

Another good one was cutting steel reinforcement mesh with a disc cutter whilst wearing trackie bottoms. Sparks from the cutter onto polyester trackies...one second the hole was about the size of a 50p piece, a second or two later my whole bloody leg was on show!

(Removes health and safety man hat)

Killed my iPhone with the LR (by accident) today. Left it on the wing top and it vibrated off then got run over.

And I don't really give a shit... I've wasted too much time dicking about on FB or trying to get on the interweb, trying to find somewhere to charge it etc etc.

Would like to think I could function in an olde worlde stylee but guess I will need to buy another phone; a fucking basic one.

Well it fired after 2 heats this morning:)

Clock reset though:(

Anyone any ideas?

If it's resetting the clock the voltage is probably way down on cranking. Usual offenders, -battery, leads, terminals, starter etc. IIRC the battery is quite small but needs a lot of grunt for the 1.9 high compression diesel and heater plugs, the recommended one from the factors was about £100 but a diesel Vauxhall was about 1/2 that and did the job through the last bad winter. Check the fitted battery ampage against recommended.

If it's resetting the clock the voltage is probably way down on cranking. Usual offenders, -battery, leads, terminals, starter etc. IIRC the battery is quite small but needs a lot of grunt for the 1.9 high compression diesel and heater plugs, the recommended one from the factors was about £100 but a diesel Vauxhall was about 1/2 that and did the job through the last bad winter. Check the fitted battery ampage against recommended.

Thanks for that.. i'm back in it after a day at work and it started ok-no clock reset.but it is a bit warmer.

I know what you mean re amps and high comp-will get the strongest one i can source:)