What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Installed this,fitted straight in,only about 4" deep so would fit in shallow dash.

Plugged direct into existing wiring.

Sounds really good,not tried usb yet.but bluetooth through iphone worked straight away,plays music fine as does phone hands free.

Well recommended especially at £35 with 3 year warrenty

Does it display song titles on the head unit too? I have a couple of Bluetooth head units and they work faultlessly playing music and for phone calls, just that I can't actually see what the song is! Admittedly that's with an Android phone...

I'm not sure the AVRCP thingie that Bluetooth uses for the control supports track names.

I need something just like that, but with DAB. I've discovered Team Rock on the national multiplex and nothing sets you up for a day at work quite like a bit of Thrash. Don't need those round shiny things though so good start, just needs to lose AM.

Got a new app for the phone - Ulysse Speedometer. It's gr9.

As well as giving the speed, direction, elevation, distance and time, it has a race function that automatically times 0-60 and quarter mile sprints! All for free too.

The downside is I've done about half a dozen 0-60 sprints for about the first time in 25 years. Both the audi and astra are clocking up about 12-13 second times. Can't wait to try it in the allegro and diesel land rovers. I reckon the perkins will take the 2.25.

Thinking about it, the perkins tops out at 55 so it will have to quarter mile runs...

Gas prices here have dropped 20c a gallon in the past 2 weeks and now down to around $3 a gallon. Means I can now fill up my tank fully on the Expedition before the $75 limit cuts in. Something I've not been able to do for a while. It's the little things I find

flight to brussels from manc in dec 60 quid but only one time to pick for departure

and charleroi is 50 k from brussels so 15 euro on the bus to brussels

flight from manc to dublin 20 quid return then there to brussels 50 euros return......

and its zaventem which is 16k from brussels :D and choice of four flights :D

Gas prices here have dropped 20c a gallon in the past 2 weeks and now down to around $3 a gallon. Means I can now fill up my tank fully on the Expedition before the $75 limit cuts in. Something I've not been able to do for a while. It's the little things I find

Even prior to the drop, you won't get any sympathy here.

Try paying our prices! :(

Took the kayak club's heavy and badly behaved trailer to a pool session 16 miles away last night - I'm very glad I got the Volvo when I did because without it they'd be a bit stuffed, the two vans that members used to volunteer for carrying boats/towing duties have both been written off recently (no injurys thankfully).

Grin factor was the club secretary pulling in behind me when we got back and saying she couldn't keep up with me (although she drives quite slowly, I wasn't speeding but managed to keep up a good pace most of the way), not too shabby considering there were 9 boats on the trailer and a further 4 junior ones inside the car (apparently something of a club record for most boats taken with a single vehicle), plus I had a passenger and a big tub full of heavy, soaking wet spray decks.

Not a bad day's work for a cheap, 18 year old car.  No-one could quite believe it swallowed all 4 of the smaller boats (admittedly at a squeeze). I do like having a great big box on wheels.

The only real downside to all this was the alarming rate at which the fuel gauge dropped in 30 miles with the extra weight.  Just as well I don't have any roof bars for it yet, a set of 4 kayaks on the roof as well would probably have had the MPG into single figures up hill.

Not been on here in ages though thought I'd make a grin post as with great surprise my transit passed it's mot on Wednesday. Considering the advisorys last year and the fact I've managed nothing more than to clean it once and give it an oil change I'm dead pleased not to be arsing about in the dark trying to make the free retest. Tester did say I've either got my work cut out or may want to just drive it into the river before next year! I'll do some work on it soon, honest.

Once you've finished fapping to the girl-in-shower pictures, scroll back up to "2. Brass...things".

Second pic, bottom right: DUB_SCENE!!

http://www.worldofcrap.co.uk/10-random-things-from-the-1986-argos-catalogue.html

:lol:

Since I wasn't even created until late '86 I've never read this or any 80s Argoose catalogue but can't believe they have naked women demonstrating their showers, wouldn't get this these days. Sadly.

I actually lol'd at the 10. keyboards part, where it says rather than reading the play in a day instructions you'd ignore and instead hammer out "oh when the saints go marchin in" on the trumpet setting, comedy gold, I can actually imagine how shit fthat must sound.

That bloke playing violin is 'Only Me' from Harry Enfield & Friends, AICMFP.

Today I saw a Vectra ST, for the first time in ages. being a sad, sad bastard I recognised it (from the front) even before I'd seen the little Irmscher flashes on the side.  Also the 'bargain of a lifetime, it'll be sold by next weekend' Maxi I was offered for £300 is still in the bloke's drive. Two years later.

I met Mat-the-cat today, and ran with him in a 10k race (well, for a couple of minutes then he disappeared as he is much faster than me).

Unfortunately this involved outing myself as a Facebook-stalker in the doorway of some public toilets and then me introducing myself to his missus as someone he'd met on "a dodgy website".

Sorry Mat-the-cat, I do not excel at social etiquette. 

Big Sorry.