What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

coming back from a pub lunch yesterday saw a 5 series parked up with front fogs on........so obviously the driver is a cock.

Then saw male driver and his bird........bird had camera and was saying 'c'mon hurry up' as she encouraged him to stand in the front of the road name sign.

Road is Bell End

Coming round a bend on a single-track lane yesterday to find an Audi driver hurtling towards me. I stopped, he (just) stopped and I reversed back to a passing place. What made me grin was the difference in the acknowledgements I got - the typical raise of a finger off the steering wheel from the driver, but an sheepish, apologetic wave from the lady in the passenger seat. You just *knew* from her expression that the driver had an earwigging coming on!

Turns out my new Avantime was at one point part of the worlds biggest Avantime fleet. They were purchased by a computer company called taylor made and all resprayed Monaco blue for some corporate reason. They all have the reg HK03... and I see on twitter R9UKE also bought one of these HK03 cars back in March.

avantime_taylor_made_07.jpg

avantime_taylor_made_03.jpg

stuck in holland over night this is the hotel they gave us :D

another grin is the price that the rooms for two coachloads of us 160 euro for some and 175 for others :D o learys gonna love that

de efteling - if you havent - go not a massive fairytale or coaster fan but apart from the one upside down coaster it was great - feckin feet are killing cos i had bike boots on for four days cos i couldnt bring shoes or trainers

:lol:

post-4817-0-52454200-1404746931_thumb.jpg

I half jokingly suggested a 231bhp 330Ci Coupe to my mum, because she wants something "comfy, a bit sporty looking and automatic for about 3 grand" to replace her mk3 golf 1.8 auto (for sale on here soon). Turns out she really likes them, so it looks as though I've got to go and look at one and probably drive it back tomorrow night. I am a little bit apprehensive about her driving such a fast car, but she managed an MX5 with Pirelli P6000s on for years so she's probably OK in anything.

I half jokingly suggested a 231bhp 330Ci Coupe to my mum, because she wants something "comfy, a bit sporty looking and automatic for about 3 grand" to replace her mk3 golf 1.8 auto (for sale on here soon). Turns out she really likes them, so it looks as though I've got to go and look at one and probably drive it back tomorrow night. I am a little bit apprehensive about her driving such a fast car, but she managed an MX5 with Pirelli P6000s on for years so she's probably OK in anything.

Watch out for rust around the wheel arch/liners and just below the rear boot lid.

Its not a big deal if caught in time, they'll probably all do it.

Rear boot floors can tear on thrashed cars, there's a £90 module in the hvac which can fail and cause all sorts of issues and there's a screen around the oil filler cap which can cause mayo in cold weather or on short journeys. Mine looks like HGF in the winter but it's fine.

It will burn oil (more so if driven hard) and your mum needs to keep an eye on its consumption to avoid destroying the engine.

Mine gets 27mpg owing to a shitty commute, it'll go up to 30ish on a run and I managed 38 once.

Thanks Tayne/Cort. I have to say I've been scuttling round the net to see the main faults, if those are the only major issues then I don't reckon it'll be too bad. There's a lad at work who's got a 330d and seems to have had to fix every one of those faults in the last couple of months.

She can always donate it to me when she gets sick of it, shame it's an auto but I presume it's a much much better box than her mk3 golf (which is the only auto I've ever driven)

Congratulations LS, fantastic news! Just need to get the D reg 820e back on the road now to use as your wedding car!

LS has enough Rover 800s for the whole wedding party (or at least the most important people), we just need to hit a few with the right tools and get some tow rope for the others.

I always presume stuff must have had major paint when newish or something to look that bad, but if both sides are as shagged then maybe one of the metal protection stages didn't work properly in the factory.

That said my golf is probably just as bad but you can't see it cos there's sill covers and arch trims over it all.

No, that's quite bad even for one of the later ones of this shape.  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one that bad before.  I wonder if it's the colour and lumpiness of the finish that's making it look so bad or if it actually has all the structural integrity of All Bran.  I bet there's just fresh air under the battery tray by now.

It's been bubbling for a few years now, but it's getting worse, the interiors pretty tidy and it even looks quite original with the dealer plates and stickers, I bet it's low mileage too, I'll have to take a look tomorrow, I'll see if i can get some more photos of the nearside too.

I'm honestly not saying it because of my general anti-VAG-ness, but I've seen plenty of Polos of that sort of age as rotten as that.

I've owned one which was spotless but binned off when it went pop. I've had a hand in 'race prepping' four more, none of which were seriously grotty though all got a bit bent in the 'racing' process so went in the bin too. 

Despite my callous mistreatment of the breed I quite like them.

Oddly enough my N-Power has gone from £82 to £154... I shall give them an buzz.

N Power screwed up my bill as well. I make sure theyve got the right readings, but they didnt send me a bill for months so I chased it up and got a letter from them telling me that I was £320 in credit... and in the SAME LETTER - "we are putting your payments up from £58 to £80 per month as we think you're using more than you're paying". Eh?

Five days later - another bill - this time my 320 credit has mysteriously vanished and this time I owe THEM £170 apparently.

Long story short I decided best plan was just to switch supplier. gave them a closing reading and they told me I owed them £70 to finalise the account.

Confused? So was I. Anyway I paid that to get rid of them and my balance was zero at switch.

Two weeks later - another bill! Apparently I owe them a further £40. God only knows what the truth of it all is.