What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Don't know if there are any other fans on here, but just finished watching Wrestlemania XXX having avoided any spoilers and holy crap was it good. Still can't believe that Undertaker result.

Bloke in our office took yesterday off to watch it in full!

Just got an eMail from eBay to say that from 13th May you get 20 free listings per month, forever, in any category except Motors. That's pretty cool, no more waiting for free listings weekends. After those 20 all listings are a flat 35p. FVF remains at 10%. 

If there's a catch, I haven't stumbled upon it yet. 

Finally dredged the Rover out of the lockup this evening ready for Saturday and took it for a blast to clear the cobwebs.  I found myself stuck in a small convoy behind a slow-moving little motorbike after a while.  Mild irritation gave way to joy when I discovered it was my old CG125 that I rebuilt after the engine seized and sold back in October last year.  Nice to see it's still in daily use, still looked nice and tidy too but it was having to work hard to carry the new owner, he's a big chap for such a small bike!

Omagh_imminent.jpg

This is a photo from the Omagh bombing, it was taken a few seconds before the car bomb went off - the bomb was in the Cavalier on the right. The the photographer was killed, but the two in the photo survived.

_160877_omagh_car_300.jpg

omagh-bomb-460_951170c.jpg

This is not a post to easily click the "like" button, but if there was a "pay your respects" button, consider it clicked.

Probably worth adding that this'll be the reason for the grin...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26984920

Seeing as he was one of the ones who lost the civil case over the bomb, his chances of being released aren't looking too good. The only shame will be when pig-shit thick idiots start calling for his release from 'internment'. Together with the recent arrests over the Jean McConville murder, its good to see the PSNI nicking some of the bastards who must have thought they'd got away with it by now.

I hope they nail them too, and stick them in chokey for a long time. BUT: (i) It is politically inexpedient to lock up Republicans, of whatever hue and (ii) The PSNI are constantly being hampered by political interference. One of the reasons I left. Good people, trying to do the near-impossible with BOTH hands tied.

Here's a grin: I got a phone call this morning from a senior member of staff at Northern Ireland's Premier* seat of tertiary education. Non-booting Windows 7 workstation. We went all round the houses for about 10 minutes before the esteemed educator told me that he's deleted C:\windows\system32. "But I didn't delete the files it said were in use". To the non-geeks, what he did was akin to removing your brake discs, and wondering why the car won't stop.

No wonder he phoned me and not their own IT Support - they already think he's a twat.