What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had to phone a customer for directions  the other day as I was driving in a different town... she says: "there's a red sporty kind of car parked outside, it's my neighbours".

I though to myself, "silly woman it's probably an Audi TT or something, why cant she just say what it is..."

Anyways when I got there - fair do's to her.

It was a Javelin, and I don't mean a Jowett.

Random interwebz pic of offender:

5460891219_2e13820dfa_z.jpg

I suffer 'range anxiety'...... my darling 7yr old Gdaughter cannot travel 35miles/40 mins without VIOLENT CHUNDERS!

To her excellent credit.... the bin-liner bag is helmed with aplomb & no splashes have contaminated my leather.

FYI.... 40 mins on a luxury air transfer coach = bag 'o chunder. So not my car/driver :)

tooSavvy

Hehe, isn't that Javelin the actual Satsuma Castanet Fanny Magnet car from Viz?

Making me grin today was proving that making offers for things before you've seen them can backfire:

I was made an offer on my motor via the Internet. I told them to up it by £25 and we had a deal. Anyhow they turned up this morning 20 minutes late and knowing I was pushed for time. Then they promptly said their original offer was the price and when told different blamed his wife and offered me their first price. For the sake of £25 and going back on a gentleman's agreement he's gone home empty handed. Must have been a 50 mile round trip at least, but that's his problem, not mine.

Were their bodies in the boot?

I wish the boot was big enough for a body. I think you'd struggle to get a dwarf in there without dismemberment. To add to the fun, I discovered today that the rear seat catches won't disengage (they feel worryingly floppy, so probably broken) so I can't even fold them down. Obviously, I discovered this while trying to fit a large object into the car, 10 miles from home.

All in all though, I'm quite liking it. Not enough to want one myself, mind.

Suspension components have been collected to be dismantled by SOMEBODY ELSE.  This is a good thing as refurbishment has also been offered saving me much time, effort and swears.  Cost of service?  Free.  I love my other half, he might actually be gunning for Better Half status at this rate.

What's the rule of nine?

I have no idea.  Google reckons it's something to do with percentage of body burnt.  Maybe it's actually the Rule of Nein:

I'm just going to add this spoiler NEIN

What if I just undo this bit NEIN

Can I put these shit alloys on? NEIN

Spoiler on the bo.. NEIN

HalforNEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted Image

Been ragging the 306 dizzler to work and back seeing if it would effect the mpgeez but it hasn't. It's improved it. Used to get a solid 50 near enough everywhere without trying at all. But gone up and bit. It is a easy blast to work though all motorway and a about a couple of mins normal roads either side. But due to its lack of power I have been flat to the floor on the way home.

Result