What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Apparently someone on Autoshite (forum or FB - not clear which) got a fact wrong about a Rover 800, and the INTERNET HAS EXPLODEDED..

Really? An arguement about 800s that hasnt involved me, thats a first. However, I've not come across anything like that on here, so a link is needed, though I'm not on faceache so clicking the link will see me locked out anyway unless I join this WORLD FENOMENOM.

Today, this has been making me grin:

10006565955_38065112a2_c.jpg

10006565415_dd8682dfae_c.jpg

10006564845_046593273d_c.jpg

As said in the '24' thread, the Micra failed its MOT on corrosion of the drivers side the sill and the tax is due on it, so its in the garage until Monday or Tuesday. So anyway, the mechanic lent me a Rover 25 for Ma to use until the Micra is sorted, this gave me a good chance to sell the idea of buying something different. The Micra is getting a little tired now and I reckon Ma deserves somehing a little higher spec.

However, if, in the unlikely event, she does buy a car, and if I can help it, the Micra will be joining my collection.

Today gave me a better chance to look around it and Ma a chance to drive something else for a change. Ma liked the car, it felt more upmarket than the Micra, although being a short lady, she had trouble seeing out if the back window when reversing, I reckon a 4-door might give better visability?

Then I took it out, it drove pretty much spot on, the 1.4 K-Series being a fairly nippy engine and just enough to pull this little car along, low-down torque was great aswell for slower driving in higher gears.

The car was filthy though, it looked like it hadn't been washed or hoovered for a very long while. If someone borrows me a car, then I'll at least give it a wash 'n' hoover to make it presentable. Washing a good few months of muck and hoovering it (which cost me 2 rather expensive tokens) got it looking at least nice and presentable.

Then I took it out for a good blast, barreling along country roads and letting it out on the motorway, its a little rumbley at around 60/70mph but apart from that it feels spot on, a great little car that I'm going to miss when it goes back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Ma has said that she'd seriously consider a 4-door 25 if she still couldn't find work nearer home.

I had to negotiate a pair of wobbly Lycra clad cyclists riding 2 abreast today. They were causing havoc with the traffic building up behind them, but as is often the case with these Bradley Wiggins wannabees they didn't give a shit. When I finally managed to safely overtake I had driven literally 200 yards before I had to stop at a pedestrian crossing. Annoyingly the bikists simply went into single file and overtook me on the inside, going through the red light. As the second one went past I heard a PFFSSST noise and alot of swearing. He'd run over some debris and given himself a flat tyre. He heard me pissing my pants too, cheered me right up.

Chucked a new gearbox (£35) in my Rover van this afternoon. I found when I was reassembling it that the splines on one driveshaft had partially stripped, and that was the cause of the non-drive, so there had been no need to change the gearbox after all! FUCKERS.

This is a reason to grin?

I had to negotiate a pair of wobbly Lycra clad cyclists riding 2 abreast today. They were causing havoc with the traffic building up behind them, but as is often the case with these Bradley Wiggins wannabees they didn't give a shit. When I finally managed to safely overtake I had driven literally 200 yards before I had to stop at a pedestrian crossing. Annoyingly the bikists simply went into single file and overtook me on the inside, going through the red light. As the second one went past I heard a PFFSSST noise and alot of swearing. He'd run over some debris and given himself a flat tyre. He heard me pissing my pants too, cheered me right up.

you need to pass them on a gsxr 750 at 20 above the speed limit (not in town obv) 0.002mm from them

they love it

The wench's car went straight through the MoT on Friday............

Got a new fuel tank for my  mk1 fiesta. Finding it fkd was a grump but got on ebay to find a secondhand one at £55 or new at £99.99. Seemed steep so got on Google and Euro car parts came up........which I very nearly ignored. Typed in the details............brand new and delivered £48!

It does say in the ad

Condition: Used. An item which has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is full.....

Finally managed to get to that old-school former BL Dealership in Neasdon, the 'Derek J Ketteringham' place that has some old cars/BL brochures in the tired old showroom.

I have got pics which I'll stick up later, I only managed though to get pics of the Carlton and 'CAC' SD1 from the outside. The showroom is split into 4 separate blocks which you'd have to go outside of the 2nd showroom along to get to the 3rd and so on.

I also had a look at the cars around the back, he has a lot of them. I also note that he seems to like his Rovers.

My trip to London was to collect some 15" Rover 'Prestige' alloys, same style alloys on my car, only in much better condition. Next on the list will be to replace the not so good alloys.

The KV6 surprisingly did very well on the journey to, around and from London. It was very comfortable and power wasn't a problem when needed.