What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I dropped off an application to rent a garage at the council offices yesterday. Expecting a waiting list of several months, I was very surprised when this afternoon I had a phone call from a guy at the housing association offering me a garage at the second of my four preferred locations! Hopefully I'll be signing the paperwork and collecting the keys on Monday, which I'm proper chuffed about.

Oh yes, there's a Hillman Avenger parked outside at the moment! It's yellow or white with racing stripes, black bonnet and boot spoiler, not a Tiger but I think the owner's tried to emulate one. I've got a shit picture as my Iphone doesn't like the dark, will get a better one if it's still there in the morning.

MEGA LOLZ at that Espastic thing.

I have to add this. On being asked what his exact plan was, this was the response:

Moving on
Here's my most simple way to explain the basics of this build and why i'm cutting in certain places

QbbqnmAC.jpg

n4494RkR.jpg

uQBA7th6.jpg

VXYwSvIl.jpg

EnEzttnn.jpg

6L1guf2N.jpg

There is obviously a little bit more to it than that but i hope you get the idea , with regard to road usage its a matter of getting it finished first then getting it IVA'd , once the shells are mated together i will probably strip off all the suspension and brakes to give them all a good overhaul and replace as necessary ,so getting it on the road is not on the list of priorities , having said that i cant really foresee any problems when the time does come.

GENIUS.

Having accepted a quote from Shiply to collect another ill advised purchase, the email I received from the guy who is collecting my new* car made me grin a bit.

" Hi, I am leaving weh am for bradford and should collect am. am not sure of times as am wary of giving times as am willbe driving and driving is full of trafic and dug up roads. best gess would be 7 someday but am not sure. hope ok with you"

Spell check/Google translate at its finest I guess.

Errr... Yes, should be fine! Best not leave the house for a few days then..... :-)

Oh yes, there's a Hillman Avenger parked outside at the moment! It's yellow or white with racing stripes, black bonnet and boot spoiler, not a Tiger but I think the owner's tried to emulate one. I've got a shit picture as my Iphone doesn't like the dark, will get a better one if it's still there in the morning.

Well, it was still there.

wuvi9sL.jpg

Apparently someone on Autoshite (forum or FB - not clear which) got a fact wrong about a Rover 800, and the INTERNET HAS EXPLODEDED.

Oh, and the tat thread isn't their idea of shit. I don't know which point they missed.

more info definately needed

i need a snigger

One of our neighbours has a dark green rubber bumper Midget.  I've known it's road worthy but hadn't seen it actually move under its own power until today.  The noise coming from where the exhaust should have been attached made me feel much better about the tiny almost inaudible blow on my car, indeed the HLS was probably quieter when we had that fired up and that sounds like a cross between a Victorian factory and a Lancaster bomber.

Last day of Chester Races yesterday, so we get a nice break from all the pissed up, shiney suited wankers and perma-tanned scrubbers fighting and pissing their way through the streets for a few months.