What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Does the person selling this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCKING-WHEEL-NUT-REMOVAL-REMOVER-INFORMATION-SAVE-s-/160884041361?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item25756fa691#ht_625wt_1139

just email you a pdf with the words "hammer a smaller socket on it"?

Looks like it, see his feedback:

No good if you have outer collar.(mcGard ).. but should work on solid bearing
Pretty extreme. No suitable socket available. Paid £28 to get them off!
good info, though was no use for my vauxhall which had a sleeve round the nut

I bought a cheap ‘ferry ticket voucher’ off eBay years ago, it was a load of wank photocopied out of the newspaper or something, so i scanned/uploaded it and posted the URL in the sellers feedback, gave him a neg as well, those were the days. BRING BACK NEGGING!

Almost forgot about this - I can haz Stihlsaw (well, once I go collect it). My mate Rab is a building contractor, and he's got a new one. I have no idea what I'll use it for, but it's a cool thing to have I reckon. My chainsaw will now have self-esteem issues as it'll no longer be the most destructive thing in my garage.

Random conversations in the office.

An attempt this morning to sort a team lunch lead to a conversation about what foods people would and wouldn't eat, during which oysters were mentioned. This then started a conversation about aphrodisiacs, which led seamlessly into a lengthy and in-depth discussion between fit bird and not-quite-as-fit-but-still-would bird about which foods have what effect on the taste of one's gentlemanly fluids. Made a nice change from talking about work, anyway.

Oooo now that is scariest yet.

I think dysons are a bit over-rated, but have been unable to find a vacuum yet that I am impressed with. Vax was pap, most of the other have achieved as much as you could expect with my rubbish budget. The best so far though is a £35 Tesco's number. They don't do spare parts though :roll: "bin it when broken, buy more" attitude.

I bought a £30 Tesco cheapy vacuum cleaner. It blew up earlier this year. Really big sparks! Was absolutely rubbish. We've now got a Henry, which is superb.

When I first met Mrs Wobbler, she had one of these. (the red one in fact)

6603017101_f34362653c_z.jpg

Was bloody superb and felt capable of surviving a nuclear war. Apart from the suction hose. Which broke. Foolishly, we binned it and replaced it with the inferior Tesco thing, which was forever clogging its filters. My mother has had many Dysons. Very clever, but also very fragile.

ALL MODERN VAKYUMS R SHIT!

I hear a lot about the fragility of Dysons, but I've put our aging DC04 through so much and it's never needed more than a belt.

I also keep tripping over the 70s/80s Hoover Senior and Junior I can't bear to throw out. The Junior is pretty useful and makes a nice noise, even though the Dyson is considerably better at actually picking stuff up. The Senior isn't so good - it's snapped every belt I've put in it and even blew the special pigmy bulb I bought it for night-vaccing.

I used to have the one 2nd from the right:

6-2-2008-16-19-32--turbopowerpaul.jpg

It was called Turbopower, lasted for 24 years until it was scrapped when the Mrs moved in and replaced with with a 'Hetty'.

The Hoover made a purposeful noise, had a massive headlight and battered its way round the house in 10 mins with reckless abandon :lol:

Apart from the Henry, modern Hoovers are just too noisy, I notice the old stuff tends to be around 400 watts- ish, new cleaners are measured in kilowatts, I don't understand why as theres a point where they're going to lift the carpet off the floor, maybe it's marketing or just so that the things can compete with Heathrow.

Next in line for the tools MO if Billy doesn't want them ... It's about time I got my own tools :oops:

If billy doesn't get back I am on Norwich on the 13th if that's not too fr from your end of lincolnshire. It's not a post job

There's lots and lots of tools - and it'll be added to next week as I throw some old sockets into the mix. There is a very very old snap on ratchet too. Some of the tools are crap but there's some alright ones. I'll even throw in a metal tool box too.

Next in line for the tools MO if Billy doesn't want them ... It's about time I got my own tools :oops:

If billy doesn't get back I am on Norwich on the 13th if that's not too fr from your end of lincolnshire. It's not a post job

There's lots and lots of tools - and it'll be added to next week as I throw some old sockets into the mix. There is a very very old snap on ratchet too. Some of the tools are crap but there's some alright ones. I'll even throw in a metal tool box too.

Cheers, I was actually threatening to visit my brother in Norfolk that weekend as well.