What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was watching that w newheeler dealers with the Jag MkII in it last night. They ended up selling it it for 9k. Is that what these go for? It looked really for that money. I didn't realise they were are cheap and it looked reasonably simple to work on. If I had that money and it was the choice between a Mk2 RS2000 and and a MKII jag I'd be all over it.

arnt those fiesta doors on that Lotus?

More to the point, isn't that Lotus a Ginetta?

Making me grin this morning was following a very tidy B-plate Uno SX on the way to work, which was being driven in, shall we say, a "spirited" manner. I don't think I ever quite had to floor the throttle in the Rover to keep up with him, but judging by the amount of black smoke in the mirrors it was still having to work fairly hard. And I'd be willing to bet he was having more fun than me, a revvy 1301cc Italian 4-pot being far more amusing to thrash than a slightly tired L-series.

It is indeed a Ginetta.

Anyway. Bloody DVLA website. I couldn't find the Bluebird's insurance certificate so I decided to go the online route. Managed to find the reminder but the sodding reference wasn't recognised. What gives?! Sodding technology etc.

Then looked at the car. Ah. Tax doesn't actually run out until the end of October! Result! Feels like a month of free road tax. Annoyingly, the BX TXD really IS out of tax this month and I don't have a reminder or V5C yet. Guess I'll be going to the Post Office next week after all.

Well it has a small double garage, two workshops and office plus four beds and four receptions rooms. It was built sometime in the seventeenth century and is an old dairy. Right in the middle of a little village in the forest of dean. Hopefully it will all go through ok. Mortgage advisor wanted to know when he can move in. ;-)

It has been for sale for a while. A little too dear so we haggled down to 250 from 285 and they accepted. Getting an early inheritance due to house sale so getting the extra we couldn't afford to pay for it.

Has off road parking for six or seven vehicles too plus an extra stone built shed between house and garage complex. Am in Scotland on the phone so no piccies till I get home.

Google map it at the square, ruardean. It's the big house on the left as you look up the side street.

It is ace. Everything is where we wanted it inside the house. It has a fantastic wood burner plus window seas in the bedrooms. Not many nice original features but does have oak beams and lots of space. Certainly the best house I've bought this year. Only spent £1.1 million on houses I didn't get to buy.

The price is just right and there's a fantastic pub up the street.

Don't normally bother with 'road rage' type posts but this one has such a happy ending....

Encountered archetypal twat in low rent Dizzler 3 series who tailgated me all the way along a main road about a foot off my back bumper, so close all I could see of his car was the windscreen with his arsehole face and bluetooth earpiece.... :roll:

Played with him a bit, sped up & slowed down but he wouldn't overtake, just sat there being a dick, until I got to the well hidden (but not to me) speed camera so I pulled in to the left and braked, 'allowing' him to pass at about 50mph... :twisted:

He sped past me giving me the Gareth Hunt just as I saw the two flashes light up the back of his twatmobile ...

Carlsberg don't do Sunday afternoon shopping trips, but if they did.....:lol:

^ similar experience for me driving home the other day - "Euro" Polo behind me - I stops at a red light and he bizarrely leaves about a 30ft gap between us (him behind). Lights go green, he has his run up and tries to overtake before having to yield due to oncoming traffic. Later in the 30 zone, just before a speed camera, he finds a gap and makes his belated overtake - the camera offered me smug consolation until I noticed he had removed both his numberplates :roll: - a new trend I've noticed amongst the smaller penised motorists.

Don't normally bother with 'road rage' type posts but this one has such a happy ending....

Encountered archetypal twat in low rent Dizzler 3 series who tailgated me all the way along a main road about a foot off my back bumper, so close all I could see of his car was the windscreen with his arsehole face and bluetooth earpiece.... :roll:

Played with him a bit, sped up & slowed down but he wouldn't overtake, just sat there being a dick, until I got to the well hidden (but not to me) speed camera so I pulled in to the left and braked, 'allowing' him to pass at about 50mph... :twisted:

He sped past me giving me the Gareth Hunt just as I saw the two flashes light up the back of his twatmobile ...

Carlsberg don't do Sunday afternoon shopping trips, but if they did.....:lol:

That is a nice way of dealing with such a twonk

Went to Sheffield today to the Alfred Denny museum as mentioned in another thread. Once parked, we walked there, but unfortunately did not have the camera about as a C-reg yellow Ford Orion went past us - damn. The museum was excellent.

523359_10151126754774773_167820189_n.jpg

Then as I went to take the dog out for his evening walk, we seem to have aquired a hamster...

298671_10151127037004773_1442171355_n.jpg