What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Used the "don't try this at home children" lighter fuel and a match method of reseating a tyre bead today. Only on a ride on mower wheel but hugely satisfying. Now have a tyre with spent matches in because the first couple of tries needed more gas.

Casper parrot is home now and convalescing. Still a bit wheazy but very chatty so obviously feeling better. :D

To my total amazement, the coppers have arrested and charged some lad with smashing the window on my truck! They just rang me to proudly tell me that I was quite likely to get reimbursed for the damage, annoyingly I had already told them that I had repaired it for the sum of £12, at least its a sum that the jobless adolescent cockwhelk has a chance of being able to afford I suppose.

Excellent news, there, Bollox. That's £12 plus a gargae labour charge.

Watching the F1 qualifying earlier. You can always rely on the Italians for a bit of on-track shite instead of the wall-to-wall Mercs you get on all the other circuits, nestling just at the pit exit was an old Alfa 156. 8)

gFXzUl.png

I'm sure I used to see an Alfa 75 parked at the side of the track until fairly recently, maybe this is the replacement shitter? :lol:

Excellent!

Reminds me of this: Laugh out loud funny!

http://www.dontevenreply.com/allcomments.php?post=86

That website has literally just had me laughing so much some tears came out. Thanks!

This is a good 'un:

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=105

How could anyone turn this down?

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=94

Google directions. I need to get from one side of Milton Keynes to the other side of Milton Keynes.

AA route map: 3 pages of spam.

Google directions (loaded because I am impatient and the AA was taking more than 3 seconds to calculate the route - which is not surprising in the light of this): 20. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A421. Go through 15 roundabouts.

Easy as long as you can count to 3. No, I don't have a satnav, it wouldn't go with my car.

Went to the Leeds Cruise last night with H.Imp. Have been meaning to go for years, and seeing as I live about a mile away, haven't really got much of an excuse not to.

Well it was great, really busy, all sorts from big Yank stuff, down to a Fiat 126. I also ran into quite a few old faces from when I used to be involved in the Leeds Car scene. Went in the Fulvia, which seemed to get quite a bit of attention!

Went to the Leeds Cruise last night with H.Imp. Have been meaning to go for years, and seeing as I live about a mile away, haven't really got much of an excuse not to.

Well it was great, really busy, all sorts from big Yank stuff, down to a Fiat 126. I also ran into quite a few old faces from when I used to be involved in the Leeds Car scene. Went in the Fulvia, which seemed to get quite a bit of attention!

I saw the Fulvia as I drove in and was hoping to bump into Mr Imp, but I got collared for a natter as I stepped out of the car and when I turned around the Fulvia was gone.

It was a great meet though, very busy and loads of top-shelf motors to perv over.

Ah shame, we did look about for you, but I was due for dinner at a mates house so we left about 7:30pm. Was a really good turn out, I'm surethe weather helped.

Did you go in the New Yorker? Would have loved to have had a look round that, as it's the same as one we got as a replacement rental car in Canada after our Dodge Omni crapped out.

253441_10151152205899644_1698564715_n.jpg

Spent all day at Carfest. Chatted to Ed China for a while, wandered around looking at some bloody wonderful cars, watched the auction for half an hour, ate some bloody wonderful (free) food, a couple of beers, watched lots of very expensive supercars do mainly tame runs up the hill. Airshow was pretty good, Vulcan bomber is huge, noisy and surprisingly nimble. Lancasters are the coolest plane ever and watching a couple of Supermarine Spitfires giving it beans meant I ended up with more photos of the Lancaster than anything else all day. I think I actually took one photo all day with actual cars in... was having too much fun.

248539_10151152259659644_1604660260_n.jpg

Ok, not the cheapest day out, but if's for a good cause and it's about the best festival of any type I've ever been to. My ears are still ringing from the bands, but that's my own fault for being right in front of the stage, grinning.

644467_10151152266379644_1998183373_n.jpg

A rather fucking epic day.

Bought some 32" work trousers today because that's what size I was before doing my new fitness kick thing (back on track now my knee injury has mostly healed) and found out upon getting home I needed to buy a 30" waist instead. This is a Good Thing because I'm now down to optimum waist size which matches up with my current weight. I've undone all of this work because of half-price Pistachio nuts in Co-op, but I don't care.

Also landed a 12 week work contract which, all being well, should pay enough to get the Polo sorted out before Christmas... providing I'm good and don't go buying lots of pointless things. In fact, there's a lot making me grin lately, tempered by the ominous feeling that everything will go tits up just after it's all levelled out.