What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ia ... r-britain/

expect a mahoosive increase in autoshite membership....

British Car Auctions (BCA) analysis of sales data and Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency stats shows that the average car is nearly seven-and-a-half years old, compared to six-and-a-half years old in 1987. Vehicles aged between six and eight years old now account for more than a quarter of the market, having increased by 7.4pc last year

That means that by 2043, average car will be 2000years old, i think. or did I make a mistake with my calcs? :?

I also think we should get Ian Cowie's (Torygraph hack responsible for this masterpiece") doris on here though

like my wife’s 22 year-old VW Passat continue to give good service – it seems that older cars will become a more familiar sight on Britain’s roads unless economic recovery arrives soon.

Old cameras are ace. 8)

There's nothing like only having 10, 12, 24 or whatever shots in a roll of film for making sure you make every shot count. :wink:

In other car related non-grumpiness, three days after discovering that I had no heat in the Saab and generally stressing about having to pull the dash apart to get at the heater valve, today I was driving along and suddenly thought, 'fuck me, it's a bit warm for 8 in the morning '....

The damn thing seems to have fixed itself. :P

Is this the worst listing on Rightmove?

Only one tiny picture. The house appears to be burnt out and boarded up. This is not mentioned in the description.

lovely-house.jpg

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 67792.html

That house has been like that for ages. Haven't been down for a while, though, so it could have been sorted. However, if you're moving down this way, I'm sure there's far better you could have for your money. It's close to ASDA, though!

I have managed to stop buying crap I don't need....

Er...yeh, I think I need to get around to doing this at some point. Today I managed to buy a couple more Early 90s AutoCar/CAR magazines, some floor mats that looked like they were for an 800 and some Nissan March mats for the Micra.

I need to close my ebay account and stop buying crap I dont need. Either that or I need another garage/shed or an old estate car to chuck all my crap in.

Only one tiny picture. The house appears to be burnt out and boarded up. This is not mentioned in the description.

picture

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 67792.html

That house has been like that for ages. Haven't been down for a while, though, so it could have been sorted. However, if you're moving down this way, I'm sure there's far better you could have for your money. It's close to ASDA, though!

Oh, Asda's my least favourite supermarket :( I've gone right off that house now.

My stepdaughter has past her test at last......10 years between attempts but she has finally got around to it....why am I so happy? because she is going to be driving my Sierra Saphire....I don't have to get rid of it to make room for the P100 after all :D:D

On the up-side, october's rent is free.

Isn't there a Patak's factory near there? 8)

Yup. And another food factory right behind it. Stinks of bad curry sauce! On the up-side, B&Q's only across the road :shock:

7801290168_3b964f15a9_z.jpg

Parrot-in-a-basket by DSdriver, on Flickr

This little fella has been very ill this week, he's been in the avian hospital since Saturday, not just as sick as a parrot but high on the endangered species list. The vet got an inkling he was feeling better this morning when Casper asked him "Can I help you?" when he looked in the cage. :D

Managed to spill a pint glass of water on my laptop last night in a sleepy missed-the-coaster exercise, after many hours of listening to it go fzzzzzzzzzt and thinking how much a replacement would cost, I was delighted to wake up this morning and it work perfectly after drying out :D

In less good news had my first minor breakdown today, when for whatever reason the Justy decided to slowly increase its idle speed over the last mile or so of my commute until I had to reverse park at 3000rpm, which was dead fun. (why would it do that?)

I recently rediscovered this fantastic picture on my computer, but foolishly hadn't saved the link to the news article.

DrunkDriverHorseCarriage.jpg

As far as I remember, the story goes that the Mercedes bus broke down and the driver, who was quite drunk, decided it would be an excellent idea to hitch up the broken bus to a horse and take the bus to the garage with predictable results. This either happened in Russia, or Norway, or Sweden, or another one of those snowy places full of drunk people that isn't Scotland.

To my total amazement, the coppers have arrested and charged some lad with smashing the window on my truck! They just rang me to proudly tell me that I was quite likely to get reimbursed for the damage, annoyingly I had already told them that I had repaired it for the sum of £12, at least its a sum that the jobless adolescent cockwhelk has a chance of being able to afford I suppose.

I recently rediscovered this fantastic picture on my computer, but foolishly hadn't saved the link to the news article.

DrunkDriverHorseCarriage.jpg

Tineye is your friend.

It happened in Poland.

A drunken lumberjack faces losing his licence after crashing a van with two horses in the back.

Leszek Stepien, 55, was using one of the animals to put his Mercedes back on its wheels when police came across him.

Things started to go wrong for the Pole when he decide to open a bottle of vodka at the end of his working day.

He then decided to load the horses - a stallion and a mare - in the back of his son's van to take them home.

As he drove near the town of Skwierzyna, east of Poznan, the stallion got loose and decided to mount the mare.

But she had other ideas and in the confusion, drunken Stepien collided with roadside barriers and tipped the van.

Amazingly, he escaped injury and the horses suffered nothing more serious than shock.

The lumberjack hitched the stallion to the front axle and was trying to right the vehicle when firefighters came across the scene.

Fire chief Michal Kowalewski said: 'I've never seen anything like it.'

'Luckily the horses were not injured but the owner is facing charges including animal cruelty and drink driving,' said one officer, who revealed that Stepien had drunk enough to put him over twice the legal drink-driving limit.

This little fella has been very ill this week, he's been in the avian hospital since Saturday, not just as sick as a parrot but high on the endangered species list. The vet got an inkling he was feeling better this morning when Casper asked him "Can I help you?" when he looked in the cage. :D

Poor thing! Hope he continues to feel better.

My grin: tonight was my first "date" after Katie and I having got back together. We went to see "The Sweeney" in Glengormley. I thought it was OK, but bear in mind that as a child who grew up in the Seventies the weight of expectation I had wasn't quite met. Good enough movie in it's own right, though. Katie loved it - loads of fast cars (she's a total petrol head). She was born in 1984, so she doesn't really remember all the original Sweeney stuff, even though we've watched in on ITV4, it's just an old program to her.

Double grin - I had slightly forgotten how well Katie can DRIVE, and also the advantage of having a girlfriend who doesn't drink. (free taxi, in this case a 911 C4S)