What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Olympics and the BBC.

This closing ceremony is just utterly brilliant and shows that when Britain does something like this we're the best in the world. I don't give a flying f*ck how much the whole shebang has cost us, it's been worth every single penny and a lot more besides. The Beeb have absolutely excelled at the coverage and thank God we didn't have airheads, adverts and driss that itv would have bought us.

On top of all that and most importantly we've got some amazing, astounding athletes to be proud of, medals or no medals. I bloody love Britain and being British.

+1

I wasn't particularly excited during the buildup, not being into sports, but now I'm sad it's finishing. Astonishing performance from the British athletes, the BBC and the people who organised the whole thing. CLASS packed closing ceremony too!

Trying to work out what all the little paper cars were towards the beginning. Saw a Fairway, TXii, BMW, new mini and lots of DAFs : D

I didn't see any Dafs. I did spot an Alfa Mito.

The whole thing made me think of the Hans Lermann spyshots in 80's magazines.

Trying to work out what all the little paper cars were towards the beginning. Saw a Fairway, TXii, BMW, new mini and lots of DAFs : D

I didn't see any Dafs. I did spot an Alfa Mito.

The whole thing made me think of the Hans Lermann spyshots in 80's magazines.

Since many years ago I've been one of those iPhone idiots, I worked round the main massive flaw (itunes pile of shit) and was even sad enough to turn up at about 6am at Meadowhall to pay loadsamoney for an iphone 4.

Lately things were getting just too awful - the phone wouldn't phone people right and I realised I was avoiding using most of the features of the phone cos itunes was just such a fucking massive ballache to deal with, so I fucked the thing off to envirophone for £210 and got this new free samsung galaxy doodaa, and it's honestly absolutely loads better. I plugged it into the PC, it popped up as a removable drive and within 10 seconds I'd set every episode of blackadder, red dwarf and porridge copying over to it with the files downloaded off bittorrent years ago (I have the DVDS but its easier to download than rip). Not long after I just opened them on the phone and was on my way, and I can plug it into any machine to do the same.

With an iphone I'd have had to spend weeks trying to re encode them and then itunes would have pissed me about for hours to get them on the phone, and god forbid I try and put a file off one of my other machines onto it - the piece of shit would want to do a full wipe before allowing me to upload a single track.

Most importantly I can phone people now, and actually hear what they are saying!

I'm so happy that I've never ever got to use itunes again, not just for my own benefit but for the dozens of people I know who have iphones and see me with one and ask me to try and load their music cds onto their phone - Now I can just claim I know nothing about itunes and leave them to deal with the whole mess on their own.

Since many years ago I've been one of those iPhone idiots, I worked round the main massive flaw (itunes pile of shit) and was even sad enough to turn up at about 6am at Meadowhall to pay loadsamoney for an iphone 4.

Lately things were getting just too awful - the phone wouldn't phone people right and I realised I was avoiding using most of the features of the phone cos itunes was just such a fucking massive ballache to deal with, so I fucked the thing off to envirophone for £210 and got this new free samsung galaxy doodaa, and it's honestly absolutely loads better. I plugged it into the PC, it popped up as a removable drive and within 10 seconds I'd set every episode of blackadder, red dwarf and porridge copying over to it with the files downloaded off bittorrent years ago (I have the DVDS but its easier to download than rip). Not long after I just opened them on the phone and was on my way, and I can plug it into any machine to do the same.

With an iphone I'd have had to spend weeks trying to re encode them and then itunes would have pissed me about for hours to get them on the phone, and god forbid I try and put a file off one of my other machines onto it - the piece of shit would want to do a full wipe before allowing me to upload a single track.

Most importantly I can phone people now, and actually hear what they are saying!

I'm so happy that I've never ever got to use itunes again, not just for my own benefit but for the dozens of people I know who have iphones and see me with one and ask me to try and load their music cds onto their phone - Now I can just claim I know nothing about itunes and leave them to deal with the whole mess on their own.

I was a massive smart phone cynic and I despise eye-phones with a passion. Always have, always will. I can't stand the way Apple guard their hardware and make you fight their operating system every time you want to change something on your machine, that you paid for, and that you want to use. I was a G5 owner for 27 hours before selling it in disgust.

Got a Galaxy 3 as a free upgrade on my contract and after it irritating me for about an hour (because I couldn't fathom the controls) I'm now really getting into it. The fact you can run it as an external drive makes putting music and films a piece of piss. Much less arseache than iTunes, which I've always maintained was ported over to the PC by a bunch of spiteful, angry little fuckshite programmers who were upset they had to transcode their 'masterpiece' into another format.

I watched Two Lane Blacktop on it last week when the trams failed in Manchester.

The battery life is shit, mind.

I was a massive smart phone cynic and I despise eye-phones with a passion. Always have, always will. I can't stand the way Apple guard their hardware and make you fight their operating system every time you want to change something on your machine, that you paid for, and that you want to use. I was a G5 owner for 27 hours before selling it in disgust.

Got a Galaxy 3 as a free upgrade on my contract and after it irritating me for about an hour (because I couldn't fathom the controls) I'm now really getting into it. The fact you can run it as an external drive makes putting music and films a piece of piss. Much less arseache than iTunes, which I've always maintained was ported over to the PC by a bunch of spiteful, angry little fuckshite programmers who were upset they had to transcode their 'masterpiece' into another format.

I watched Two Lane Blacktop on it last week when the trams failed in Manchester.

The battery life is shit, mind.

That's the thing about the iPhone - the ball-acheness is WILFUL. Drag and drop music and vids to just about any other phone, using industry-wide standards. I honestly think Apple are in for a massive double-kicking from Droid 3 and Windows 8. I've put my money where my big gob is, and have pre-ordered a Lenovo Win 8 tablet, so I may have some pretty expensive egg on my face! :D

That's the thing about the iPhone - the ball-acheness is WILFUL. Drag and drop music and vids to just about any other phone, using industry-wide standards. I honestly think Apple are in for a massive double-kicking from Droid 3 and Windows 8. I've put my money where my big gob is, and have pre-ordered a Lenovo Win 8 tablet, so I may have some pretty expensive egg on my face! :D

On the topic of phones, if you've got an Android or Windows phone and it's too slow/you don't like the user interface/you think it's full of shitty apps, check out the XDA Developer forum where random sad individuals will most likely have come up with 432497394237 'unofficial' installations/interfaeces (called 'ROMs') for your particular device, and you can pick and choose whichever you like. Best of all, it's free and, as long as your phone isn't locked, doesn't require any hacking/cracking. My phone is 3.5 years old and runs better than ever, using software that only came out last month!

On the topic of phones, if you've got an Android or Windows phone and it's too slow/you don't like the user interface/you think it's full of shitty apps, check out the XDA Developer forum where random sad individuals will most likely have come up with 432497394237 'unofficial' installations/interfaeces (called 'ROMs') for your particular device, and you can pick and choose whichever you like. Best of all, it's free and, as long as your phone isn't locked, doesn't require any hacking/cracking. My phone is 3.5 years old and runs better than ever, using software that only came out last month!

This closing ceremony is just utterly brilliant and shows that when Britain does something like this we're the best in the world. I don't give a flying f*ck how much the whole shebang has cost us, it's been worth every single penny and a lot more besides. The Beeb have absolutely excelled at the coverage and thank God we didn't have airheads, adverts and driss that itv would have bought us.

On top of all that and most importantly we've got some amazing, astounding athletes to be proud of, medals or no medals. I bloody love Britain and being British.

Agree with most of the above. Amongst the presenters Colin Jackson is a pain, the rest were fine. Closing ceremony was almost as good as the opening one. HMQ should get Elbow to write a new national anthem.

Agree with most of the above. Amongst the presenters Colin Jackson is a pain, the rest were fine. Closing ceremony was almost as good as the opening one. HMQ should get Elbow to write a new national anthem.

Seeing a mustard yellow Maxi 1750HL (from 1978) on the motorway yesterday made me grin, my thumbs up to the driver came right back. On the way back I swapped places for a while (@110-120 kph) with a poo brown Beetle (ca. 1979) which looked freshly restored, no lowering, roofracks etc but it did have whitewall tyres. Rear suspension looked a little tight still.... wheels stood like this \ / most of the time.

Found a pic from 3 years ago, it looks better now (or maybe I was too amazed to notice the condition):

Austin_Maxi_06-UF-94.jpg

Seeing a mustard yellow Maxi 1750HL (from 1978) on the motorway yesterday made me grin, my thumbs up to the driver came right back. On the way back I swapped places for a while (@110-120 kph) with a poo brown Beetle (ca. 1979) which looked freshly restored, no lowering, roofracks etc but it did have whitewall tyres. Rear suspension looked a little tight still.... wheels stood like this \ / most of the time.

Found a pic from 3 years ago, it looks better now (or maybe I was too amazed to notice the condition):

Austin_Maxi_06-UF-94.jpg

I almost set fire to his hair.

Dare I ask how/why?

He was peering into the engine bay when I fired it up. There's no air filter, and it seems some petrol had pooled in the carb barrel. It looked mightily impressive from behind the wheel, but I may have taken a year or so off his life. :twisted:

I almost set fire to his hair.

Dare I ask how/why?

He was peering into the engine bay when I fired it up. There's no air filter, and it seems some petrol had pooled in the carb barrel. It looked mightily impressive from behind the wheel, but I may have taken a year or so off his life. :twisted:

Like quite a few fellow shiters I was in Harrogate this weekend, although unfortunately I didn't attend any Citroen shows. I did take some pictures while I was in the town though and will add to the appropriate thread.

Now this made me double take - It was unbelievably shite 8)

I took it on Saturday tea time. It was parked outside 'The Bell' in the middle of Harrogate.

Photo382.jpg

Photo383.jpg

Check out this rear valance and the zip ties :lol::lol:

IMAG0264.jpg

Like quite a few fellow shiters I was in Harrogate this weekend, although unfortunately I didn't attend any Citroen shows. I did take some pictures while I was in the town though and will add to the appropriate thread.

Now this made me double take - It was unbelievably shite 8)

I took it on Saturday tea time. It was parked outside 'The Bell' in the middle of Harrogate.

Photo382.jpg

Photo383.jpg

Check out this rear valance and the zip ties :lol::lol:

IMAG0264.jpg