What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I took the dog out for a walk tonight...around a field with hundreds of Citroens in it! I just chanced it, saw DW's stripey BX estate(I thought he was taking the mk1, but there you go!) but not the man himself, a phalanx of 2CVs, a plethora of DS, some CX and a pair of SM side-by-side.

It would be worth the £15 for the full day.

I was off today so headed down the beach in the SD1 and listened to the Verve CD thats been stuck in there since I put put it off the road while taking in the sun. I tell you what sunroofs are a thing I miss on modern cars they're just fantastic when the weathers good.

7753282668_fc4664e88b_z.jpg

IMG_0423 by cort16, on Flickr

I was off today so headed down the beach in the SD1 and listened to the Verve CD thats been stuck in there since I put put it off the road while taking in the sun. I tell you what sunroofs are a thing I miss on modern cars they're just fantastic when the weathers good.

7753282668_fc4664e88b_z.jpg

IMG_0423 by cort16, on Flickr

Got stuck in traffic on the M1 on the way home and the Princess, bless her, didn't even try to overheat, or billow lots of oily smoke from under the bonnet, or stall when I set off when traffic started moving again. It felt special to have a car with such a reputation actually transport me home reliably, especially after the day I've had!

Got stuck in traffic on the M1 on the way home and the Princess, bless her, didn't even try to overheat, or billow lots of oily smoke from under the bonnet, or stall when I set off when traffic started moving again. It felt special to have a car with such a reputation actually transport me home reliably, especially after the day I've had!

The car journey I have just completed: From Pune to Mumbai in a truly shite Mahindra 4x4. The utter shite (both truck and car) on the road kept me awake for the 3 hour journey (to do 130 km). Well, the shite and the drivers bizarre driving style - roar up to 110 kph in fifth, knock into neutral and coast to 60kph. Repeat.

Unfortunately, due to the pissing rain I got no photos :(

The car journey I have just completed: From Pune to Mumbai in a truly shite Mahindra 4x4. The utter shite (both truck and car) on the road kept me awake for the 3 hour journey (to do 130 km). Well, the shite and the drivers bizarre driving style - roar up to 110 kph in fifth, knock into neutral and coast to 60kph. Repeat.

Unfortunately, due to the pissing rain I got no photos :(

Went to the ICCCR2012 show in Harrogate. Someone also told BBC Radio York and Minster FM travel about it. ;) Glorious weather, salty enrty fee but a cracking show. There was a bit too much organic food and folk music for my liking, but these are old Citroens we're talking about.

Went to the ICCCR2012 show in Harrogate. Someone also told BBC Radio York and Minster FM travel about it. ;) Glorious weather, salty enrty fee but a cracking show. There was a bit too much organic food and folk music for my liking, but these are old Citroens we're talking about.

Kudos on Dad endeavours. When I was little, the plastic seat on the garden swing broke, so Dad replaced it with a tyre and a bit of floor board and it became infinitely more awesome, especially because you could then get two kids on the swing and tip the whole thing over.

Kudos on Dad endeavours. When I was little, the plastic seat on the garden swing broke, so Dad replaced it with a tyre and a bit of floor board and it became infinitely more awesome, especially because you could then get two kids on the swing and tip the whole thing over.

The Olympics and the BBC.

This closing ceremony is just utterly brilliant and shows that when Britain does something like this we're the best in the world. I don't give a flying f*ck how much the whole shebang has cost us, it's been worth every single penny and a lot more besides. The Beeb have absolutely excelled at the coverage and thank God we didn't have airheads, adverts and driss that itv would have bought us.

On top of all that and most importantly we've got some amazing, astounding athletes to be proud of, medals or no medals. I bloody love Britain and being British.

This closing ceremony is just utterly brilliant and shows that when Britain does something like this we're the best in the world. I don't give a flying f*ck how much the whole shebang has cost us, it's been worth every single penny and a lot more besides. The Beeb have absolutely excelled at the coverage and thank God we didn't have airheads, adverts and driss that itv would have bought us.

On top of all that and most importantly we've got some amazing, astounding athletes to be proud of, medals or no medals. I bloody love Britain and being British.

+1

I wasn't particularly excited during the buildup, not being into sports, but now I'm sad it's finishing. Astonishing performance from the British athletes, the BBC and the people who organised the whole thing. CLASS packed closing ceremony too!