What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

It is worth checking out his "propper" restoration as well... this time he fecks up another MK2 Fiesta. I am somewhat worried that he is entitled to vote....

That kid is like a cat chasing a laser pointer - he's certainly trying his hardest, but will never succeed and just looks hilarious to everyone else

I had to stop reading that topic on the Fiesta...it was like rubbernecking at the scene of a road accident!

Cable ties are the best thing ever invented i even use them to hold me scooter panels together and talking about bodge jobs i am currently using my 125cc scooter with Sockets as front wheel bearings, its scary but it works

:D

I like the Fiesta :oops:, though I would have stuck with the steels.

I'd rather see something modded shoddily for nowt like that than another fucking VAG cookie cutter driven by some designer t-shirted twat that's had thousands thrown at it, which is all I see nowadays.

I like the Fiesta :oops:, though I would have stuck with the steels.

I'd rather see something modded shoddily for nowt like that than another fucking VAG cookie cutter driven by some designer t-shirted twat that's had thousands thrown at it, which is all I see nowadays.

house purchase fell through (again), offered on another house yesterday, our max price was rejected - our buyers want us to move to rented - hey this should all be in the grumpy thread, but ...

... my estate agent's dad's low mileage 2.1TD XM Exclusive estate is up for sale and I've to go look next week and SWMBO has OK'd its purchase!

house purchase fell through (again), offered on another house yesterday, our max price was rejected - our buyers want us to move to rented - hey this should all be in the grumpy thread, but ...

... my estate agent's dad's low mileage 2.1TD XM Exclusive estate is up for sale and I've to go look next week and SWMBO has OK'd its purchase!

Took the day off today for an appointment with a BT Engineer.

50meg download.

9 meg upload.

:mrgreen:

Welcome to how the Internet should be...

From BT Broadband which should have been 8 meg but was more like 1 meg at best to the Infinity malarky, just need to pop out for a network cable to run up the wall and across under the floor upstairs

as the boxes and things had to go downstairs by the phone socket but no matter, feel the speed. 8)

Took the day off today for an appointment with a BT Engineer.

50meg download.

9 meg upload.

:mrgreen:

Welcome to how the Internet should be...

From BT Broadband which should have been 8 meg but was more like 1 meg at best to the Infinity malarky, just need to pop out for a network cable to run up the wall and across under the floor upstairs

as the boxes and things had to go downstairs by the phone socket but no matter, feel the speed. 8)

RESULT! Got my insurance renewal yesterday, I phoned them up today to make a few changes thinking it would add to my policy, it turns out that my changes being more milage and some commuting comes free! I'll be getting unlimited mileage and commuting added to my policy for no extra charge, so the slightly lower renewal price remains the same! :mrgreen:

Peter D James insurance is highly recommended, thanks also to Dollywobbler for sending me in their direction last year when my old policy for another insurer was suddenly terminated due to law changes.

Also - Today I met Willswitchengage - Was great tro meet you and see your lovely BX! :mrgreen:

RESULT! Got my insurance renewal yesterday, I phoned them up today to make a few changes thinking it would add to my policy, it turns out that my changes being more milage and some commuting comes free! I'll be getting unlimited mileage and commuting added to my policy for no extra charge, so the slightly lower renewal price remains the same! :mrgreen:

Peter D James insurance is highly recommended, thanks also to Dollywobbler for sending me in their direction last year when my old policy for another insurer was suddenly terminated due to law changes.

Also - Today I met Willswitchengage - Was great tro meet you and see your lovely BX! :mrgreen:

I spent 10 hours welding the capri today. This is grinworthy in itself because I don't get enough time to myself these days, but this..

I didn't know how it was going to come out (no sound on the camera...) but I quite like it for an improv.

I spent 10 hours welding the capri today. This is grinworthy in itself because I don't get enough time to myself these days, but this..

I didn't know how it was going to come out (no sound on the camera...) but I quite like it for an improv.

Went to the advance screening of the BBC's Britain In A Day programme at the Media Museum in Bradford. Out of 12,000 submissions a bit of what I shot got picked up for the final edit.

It's so short it's of the blink and you'll miss it variety, but I still got my name in the credits. It's out June 11, and I urge you to watch it if you have a spare hour. It's incredible.

Went to the advance screening of the BBC's Britain In A Day programme at the Media Museum in Bradford. Out of 12,000 submissions a bit of what I shot got picked up for the final edit.

It's so short it's of the blink and you'll miss it variety, but I still got my name in the credits. It's out June 11, and I urge you to watch it if you have a spare hour. It's incredible.

Impreza has lost its virginity.

Just trundling along the ring road on the way home now and there's a Mondeo cab insisting on tailgating me. Wouldn't have been an issue, but his n/s headlamp was right in my rear view mirror. I'm in the left hand lane, the right hand lane is empty. I'm the only car on the road other than this idiot and he's tailgating me even though I'm doing the lmitish. Because the Subaru is a 4x4 I'm pretty gentle away from the lights in it, not a slug, but I take off at the same speed as everyone else. Mondeo cab man doesn't think that's quick enough. I edge the speed up a little bit and he's still there. I slow down a little bit (gently, just a slight lift off the gas) and move over to the left a bit more to give him the hint to go past. He's still fucking there blinding the fuck out of me with his badly aimed headlamp. This happens for two sets of lights over about two miles.

I got bored. Floored the Pretzel in 3rd. Mondeo man's nearside headlamp is a teeny spec in the mirror. Big silly grin, back down to cruising velocity.

Mile or so later there's a Focus behind me. With little blue lights in the grille. I pull over as soon as I saw it screaming up behind me, before it puts the lights and siren on. Which it does, and two youngish cops are staring at me while I try to find the bloody window switch - Subaru ones don't light up. Window down.

"Good evening, Sir. Going a bit quickly weren't you?"

"Ummmmmm. "

"Just keep it down a bit will you. I can see it's a bloody fast car "

"Ok, er"

"Just admit you were going quickly and we'll leave it at that. Keep it down"

"Er, yup, a bit quickly, yeah. Er... sorry"

"Good evening, Sir. Nice to see a proper car being driven properly, but keep it down".

Thank fuck for that. To give 'em there due they were both grinning and laughing about it, but bollocking received and understood.

This country isn't as bad as people make out.