What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Is that twig to hold the thermostat open ?

Have a look at the return pipe where it goes into the header-tank.There is a brass insert that blocks up with crud.Sometimes a very thin philips screwdriver will clear it but often needs to be drilled out.

Some miserable bastard on the Farina forum who forever goes on about how he and his (no doubt long suffering) wife use a 60's Oxford and Minx as their daily drivers. Here's examples of some of the drivel he spouts:

IVE BEEN INTO OLD VEHICLES SINCE I WAS 11 YEARS OLD AND NEVER REALLY LIKED ANYTHING MODERN .STYLES ETC ,IVE HAD QUITE A FEW BMC VEHICLES A FEW OLD FORDS AND A FEW OLD ROVERS,AND A NICE MK2 JAGUAR,MY WIFE DRIVES A 1965 HILLMAN MINX DELUXE ,BOTH CARS ARE DRIVEN EVERY DAY. WE WONT HAVE ANYTHING MODERN NEAR OUR DRIVEWAY.

get rid of moderns full stop woud be better

His opinion on a custom 2 door Oxford...

if youre going to customize things ,look at this and you'll hopefully change your mind.and leave it as standard.

...and a Peugeot 404 somebody spotted:

the best thing to come out of france is the ferry back to blighty.ha ha !

Some miserable bastard on the Farina forum who forever goes on about how he and his (no doubt long suffering) wife use a 60's Oxford and Minx as their daily drivers. Here's examples of some of the drivel he spouts:

IVE BEEN INTO OLD VEHICLES SINCE I WAS 11 YEARS OLD AND NEVER REALLY LIKED ANYTHING MODERN .STYLES ETC ,IVE HAD QUITE A FEW BMC VEHICLES A FEW OLD FORDS AND A FEW OLD ROVERS,AND A NICE MK2 JAGUAR,MY WIFE DRIVES A 1965 HILLMAN MINX DELUXE ,BOTH CARS ARE DRIVEN EVERY DAY. WE WONT HAVE ANYTHING MODERN NEAR OUR DRIVEWAY.

get rid of moderns full stop woud be better

His opinion on a custom 2 door Oxford...

if youre going to customize things ,look at this and you'll hopefully change your mind.and leave it as standard.

...and a Peugeot 404 somebody spotted:

the best thing to come out of france is the ferry back to blighty.ha ha !

Hey Dan, every time he mentions his Oxford daily driver you should offer to buy it off him as you want something interesting to take round Hednesford at the next all-Farina meet. Then C+P his incredulous responses onto here to we can see them, obviously.

Hey Dan, every time he mentions his Oxford daily driver you should offer to buy it off him as you want something interesting to take round Hednesford at the next all-Farina meet. Then C+P his incredulous responses onto here to we can see them, obviously.

Obv most of you know about how girls are obliged to put their other halves into difficult, no win situations... my usual favourite is asking "but does it make me look fat?"

But today I tried something new...

I asked, while watching a youtube video of an old Top of the Pops, which his favourite Pans Person was. He said "I'm not sure, but the one in green has really good... ...enthusiasm"

Bullet skillfully dodged I think! :lol:

Obv most of you know about how girls are obliged to put their other halves into difficult, no win situations... my usual favourite is asking "but does it make me look fat?"

But today I tried something new...

I asked, while watching a youtube video of an old Top of the Pops, which his favourite Pans Person was. He said "I'm not sure, but the one in green has really good... ...enthusiasm"

Bullet skillfully dodged I think! :lol:

Lad posts up three Farinas on a transporter on the FB classic car scrapyard finds page... his profile pic was of a b. race prepped A60 and two of the Farinas in picture he put up looked good. I feared the worst but it turns out he bought them and planned to race two of them but all three are now on the road. :D

Lad posts up three Farinas on a transporter on the FB classic car scrapyard finds page... his profile pic was of a b. race prepped A60 and two of the Farinas in picture he put up looked good. I feared the worst but it turns out he bought them and planned to race two of them but all three are now on the road. :D

Christ that Fiesta 'resto' looks awful! I am on a budget too, time to empty all the cereal boxes out and use that as repair for the nearside rear arch. Also have some Swallows nesting on our roof, better make use of their nest when they are done too.

Oh yeah, by the way, I bought a MKII...

Christ that Fiesta 'resto' looks awful! I am on a budget too, time to empty all the cereal boxes out and use that as repair for the nearside rear arch. Also have some Swallows nesting on our roof, better make use of their nest when they are done too.

Nice one Bramstokes, you going to tell us more about your car?

Nice one Bramstokes, you going to tell us more about your car?

Sure thing!

Its a 1989 1.1 L, 67k, registered right at the end of MKII sales, in that red/burgundy shade. Has no MOT or TAX, but is on SORN and it was owned by my best friend before they decided they wanted to sell it, as it was quoted £600 for welding...by a Ford main dealers MOT department apparently.

Having had a look at it, yes there is rust, and there is two areas underneath which are a teeny bit crunchy, but there isn't any holes and it's nothing major. Nearside rear arch, like I mentioned, is rotten in two places, but the first half of the arch is solid, nice one. Boot is fine under the rear window, and the exhaust needs to be mounted properly. That's it. And it cost me scrap value... or a little bit less. And I have storage. And it runs fine. And everything works. I will post photos when I next see it, which will hopefully be Wednesday!

Sure thing!

Its a 1989 1.1 L, 67k, registered right at the end of MKII sales, in that red/burgundy shade. Has no MOT or TAX, but is on SORN and it was owned by my best friend before they decided they wanted to sell it, as it was quoted £600 for welding...by a Ford main dealers MOT department apparently.

Having had a look at it, yes there is rust, and there is two areas underneath which are a teeny bit crunchy, but there isn't any holes and it's nothing major. Nearside rear arch, like I mentioned, is rotten in two places, but the first half of the arch is solid, nice one. Boot is fine under the rear window, and the exhaust needs to be mounted properly. That's it. And it cost me scrap value... or a little bit less. And I have storage. And it runs fine. And everything works. I will post photos when I next see it, which will hopefully be Wednesday!

Picked up my ebay bicycle from Teddington today, which involved riding back to Marylebone to get my train home. Was impressed to not be the victim of any road rage or knobbish drivers at all, just getting scorning looks instead from other cyclists for not running red lights :)

Saw no end of shite but after the first couple of streets I became too enthused by my new purchase to stop and snap everything I saw.