What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Couldn't sleep last night due to heatstroke (still think hours of football in the park whilst drinking Kopparberg was a good idea) so stayed up torrenting in front of the laptop instead. If anybody else is as interested in dystopic military/social history as I am, then Trinity and Beyond is a great documentary film about nuclear weapons.

Sorry to keep twatting on about it but keeping off the biftas is still keeping me happy. Bought an old mountain bike from eBastard the other day, a 'Trek' one which I paid fifty quid for as it was in very good nick-we have them at work and they're very well made.

Anyhow had a couple of small outings on it yesterday and as it's cracking the flags here I thought I'd go for a six or seven mile jaunt to get me used to going to work on it odd days.

Got carried away and ended up going Chester-Deeside-Chester on the cycle path, back along the river, through town and home. 18.4 miles with only a couple of ten minute breathers inc. a stop for more council pop and an ice lolly. I reckon I'd have been lucky to have made 1.5 miles without being utterly cabbaged if I was still smoking and although I'm a bit sore now I don't actually feel completely knack'd.

Sorry to keep twatting on about it but keeping off the biftas is still keeping me happy. Bought an old mountain bike from eBastard the other day, a 'Trek' one which I paid fifty quid for as it was in very good nick-we have them at work and they're very well made.

Anyhow had a couple of small outings on it yesterday and as it's cracking the flags here I thought I'd go for a six or seven mile jaunt to get me used to going to work on it odd days.

Got carried away and ended up going Chester-Deeside-Chester on the cycle path, back along the river, through town and home. 18.4 miles with only a couple of ten minute breathers inc. a stop for more council pop and an ice lolly. I reckon I'd have been lucky to have made 1.5 miles without being utterly cabbaged if I was still smoking and although I'm a bit sore now I don't actually feel completely knack'd.

Weirdly enough, one of my mates posted it on fb. He lives in Holmfirth, so if you've been around that area, you've been Papped.

I was camping in it last night in Edale, Small world!

With that written on the sides of the van, I don't know what to think :-P

Weirdly enough, one of my mates posted it on fb. He lives in Holmfirth, so if you've been around that area, you've been Papped.

I was camping in it last night in Edale, Small world!

With that written on the sides of the van, I don't know what to think :-P

Couldn't sleep last night due to heatstroke (still think hours of football in the park whilst drinking Kopparberg was a good idea) so stayed up torrenting in front of the laptop instead. If anybody else is as interested in dystopic military/social history as I am, then Trinity and Beyond is a great documentary film about nuclear weapons.

You'll no doubt be aware of the nuclear weapons archive website!

You'll no doubt be aware of the nuclear weapons archive website!

Haha, excellent cat-proofing!

What just made me grin was not getting bidsniped on the wing mirrors I've been bidding on for the Princess. Providing they arrive safely and I can be brave enough to drill holes in the wings, we'll be onto a winner!

Haha, excellent cat-proofing!

What just made me grin was not getting bidsniped on the wing mirrors I've been bidding on for the Princess. Providing they arrive safely and I can be brave enough to drill holes in the wings, we'll be onto a winner!

Driving home on the A12 this afternoon in the Cortina i had a Police Transit Connect van drive up behind me and follow closely for a few miles, eventually it overtakes me, I look across to see two coppers in their early 40's grinning at me and give me the thumbs up before pulling away.

I couldn't stop laughing!, Amazingly that's the second time I've had Police do that to me! Last time it was a Traffic Volvo estate giving me the thumbs up. :mrgreen:

Driving home on the A12 this afternoon in the Cortina i had a Police Transit Connect van drive up behind me and follow closely for a few miles, eventually it overtakes me, I look across to see two coppers in their early 40's grinning at me and give me the thumbs up before pulling away.

I couldn't stop laughing!, Amazingly that's the second time I've had Police do that to me! Last time it was a Traffic Volvo estate giving me the thumbs up. :mrgreen:

Is that twig to hold the thermostat open ?

Have a look at the return pipe where it goes into the header-tank.There is a brass insert that blocks up with crud.Sometimes a very thin philips screwdriver will clear it but often needs to be drilled out.