What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Nice young lady from an accounts department rang me up chasing payment for a couple of advertisement invoices. Made me sit up and take notice so I checked through what I had payed them and when. Result: they are refunding over £300.00 because I paid them twice already.

Seeing a mint, and I do mean MINT, Proton Lynx saloon in Aldi's car park, complete with 70-year-old couple filling the boot with shite biscuits and surprisingly nice gin. Pale metallic blue with dark grey splitter/diffuser, and properly fugly alloys. I nearly did a mess in my trousers. Really should've offered them a swap :roll:

DSC_0122a-1.jpg

SCTSH_ANDY brought the 460 round and we gave it a mini service.

DSC_0141a.jpg

I also tried the Black Racing wheels out I picked up for it. Offset seems spot on and the brake calipers don't foul the spokes.

Damn it, after the 305 wheel swap I wish I'd been there for this one.

They're not on the car at the moment Pete. It was getting late and I tried one on the front to see what it looked like.

They look a bit small in the wheelarch. How much less is your rolling circumference? From this you should be able to calculate percentage speed difference on the speedo. Fitting them will increase acceleration and reduce top speed and mpg.

Girl at work goes to the same doctors I used to, and mentioned to me today how she has to park a long way away beyond the resident permit zone. I mentioned there were free short term spaces nearby, to which she replied

"I used them last time, but the appointment didn't take long so I ended up standing around for over an hour"

and upon questioning why she was doing this

"well the sign said no return within 2 hours"

^ :lol:

I've been sent this message today over on flickr, I don't really understand it though!

Hi Trigger,

My name is **** and I work for a trends and market insights consultancy called SCB Partners based in London (www.scbpartners.com)

My company is currently working on a digital influencer research project, and based on your blog and Twitter account we thought you might be interested to participate. We are in the process of compiling a list of active online commentators and technology/ automotive experts such as yourself who would be interested to discuss cars online. I thought you would be a suitable interviewee and thus we would like to invite you to participate!

The incentive of participate is between £200-250 depending on your level of participation in which the research will be done primarily online.

It would be great to know asap of your preference to participate in this research, so please do reply if interested. I can also be contacted at ************ for further details.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

no doubt a repost but this gave me a chuckle:

Renault and Ford have joined forces to create the perfect small car for women.

Mixing the Renault 'Clio' and the Ford 'Taurus' they have designed the 'Clitaurus'. It comes in pink and the average male car thief won't be able to find it - let alone turn it on - even if someone tells him where it is and how to do it.

Rumor has it though, that it leaks transmission fluid once a month, and can be a real bitch to start in the morning! Some have reported that on cold winter mornings, when you really need it, you can't get it to turn over.

New models are initially fun to own, but very costly to maintain, and horribly expensive to get rid of. Used models may initially appear to have curb appeal and a low price, but eventually have an increased appetite for fuel, and the curb weight typically increases with age. Manufacturers are baffled as to how the size of the trunk increases, but say that the paint may just make it LOOK bigger.

This model is not expected to reach collector status. Most owners find it is best to lease one and replace it each year.

^ :lol:

I've been sent this message today over on flickr, I don't really understand it though!

Hi Trigger,

My name is **** and I work for a trends and market insights consultancy called SCB Partners based in London (http://www.scbpartners.com)

My company is currently working on a digital influencer research project, and based on your blog and Twitter account we thought you might be interested to participate. We are in the process of compiling a list of active online commentators and technology/ automotive experts such as yourself who would be interested to discuss cars online. I thought you would be a suitable interviewee and thus we would like to invite you to participate!

The incentive of participate is between £200-250 depending on your level of participation in which the research will be done primarily online.

It would be great to know asap of your preference to participate in this research, so please do reply if interested. I can also be contacted at ************ for further details.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Trigger, SCB partners are legit not a Nigerian 'Prince'

SCB are real, they contacted me the other day regarding the same thing, and I spoke to a few different people down the phone, they ultimately decided against using me for their marketing because my Flickr is too 'old car centric' and they wanted stuff which was more related to new cars. I think they would have realised that had they actually, you know, looked at my Flickr beforehand?

Oh and to level that out, going to Alton today and seeing a utterly knackered looking Rover 800 on a G reg being driven around by an OAP made my day.

I am happy as I have recently been seeing an advert on tele for the 'Chrysler' Ypsilon - I love those little lancias, and chrysler selling them will pretty much guarantee ROCK BOTTOM RESIDUALS :D

Does anyone know who thought of using the Chrysler name rather than the Lancia one? I'd have thought Lancia could be marketed in much the same was as Alfa?

I am happy as I have recently been seeing an advert on tele for the 'Chrysler' Ypsilon - I love those little lancias, and chrysler selling them will pretty much guarantee ROCK BOTTOM RESIDUALS :D

Does anyone know who thought of using the Chrysler name rather than the Lancia one? I'd have thought Lancia could be marketed in much the same was as Alfa?

Is that the advert with the "Yo, we are from Deetroyt" voiceover? I laughed at that.

I rather like those but if I ever possessed one I would have to seriously consider mail ordering some Lancia badges for it. Still, better to have it with the Chrysler badging than not at all.

Shame Rootes got broken up, the Ypsilon would probably be the Mark 9 Hillman Imp!