What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 5/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Wack said:

Just watching car SOS on C4 , the Opel manta

For the first time ever I've seen someone I know on TV , Terry at the electro platers , they're a great bunch of lads, I used to take truck parts up to be plated , they're just off the A1 north of Hartlepool , probably too big now but they did used to do one offs

The MR2 Mk1 a few weeks back, Patrick at Rogue is well known throughout our community. They found the perfect place to get that car done up rather than doing it in-house.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, dozeydustman said:

It wouldn’t be so bad to stay here if the landlady actually made good the defects we report on property inspections. Also turns out the property inspector hasn’t been informing the letting agent nor the landlady the repairs needed doing.

When we were renting, it felt like the inspectors were only interested in finding fault with something we'd done (they never came up with anything) rather than reporting back any issues with the house.

We used to email the letting agents ourselves and ensure that we got acknowledgement.

It did help that the Landlord's in-laws lived in the same road and if anything started going on and on, we'd let them know. In fairness, she was an excellent landlord. Once she knew, she'd get things fixed within a couple of days. And in fairness, we were excellent tenants.

The owners of a holiday home down the road have been cleaning out and wanted to get rid of something. I don't know what this is called in English, but I call it a shed on wheels. Got it for free in exchange for removing it and it doesn't need much work either just a new roof and a few small things. So happy with this.

20230603_083419.thumb.jpg.e3fae219aecc7ae9f18b1ebc42c1a6e7.jpg

But transpoting it home was among the more questionable things that have been done in a while.

20230603_084422.thumb.jpg.c45a563eed9c10349bd27f70314ecc12.jpg

3 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I'm sure @Cavcraft would love one of these:
May be an image of jeep and text

"The Dakar Winner 2023 - IVECO Powerstar.
This 6.8 metre long 9300 kg beast has a 12.9 Litre (789 ci) engine 6 cyl engine developing 600kw (850hp) and 3600 Nm! The weight balance is 50:50"

I'd love to try that. Reverse up to the bailer full tilt, slam the brakes on and jump out.

3 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I'm sure @Cavcraft would love one of these:
May be an image of jeep and text

"The Dakar Winner 2023 - IVECO Powerstar.
This 6.8 metre long 9300 kg beast has a 12.9 Litre (789 ci) engine 6 cyl engine developing 600kw (850hp) and 3600 Nm! The weight balance is 50:50"

Met Gerard once

6 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Nie

IMG_20230603_162051.jpg

IMG_20230603_152441.jpg

IMG_20230603_142306.jpg

Saw this on the back of a woman's t-shirt in Italy:

"Il mondo è una biblioteca.  Chi non ha viaggiato ha letto solo una pagina" which translates as

"The World is a library. Those who have not travelled have only read one page".

15 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Is that a Recording Custom (9000) series?  Set?  I'm guessing late 70s?  Could be miles off.

Right on the money, this is one made in Taiwan. (78).

I've got another 3...... 1981 Made in Japan in Natural (this one is an absolute stoater) , a 1978 made in Japan in a special order purple, and a late 80s in black. 

😊

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

The owners of a holiday home down the road have been cleaning out and wanted to get rid of something. I don't know what this is called in English, but I call it a shed on wheels. Got it for free in exchange for removing it and it doesn't need much work either just a new roof and a few small things. So happy with this.

20230603_083419.thumb.jpg.e3fae219aecc7ae9f18b1ebc42c1a6e7.jpg

But transpoting it home was among the more questionable things that have been done in a while.

20230603_084422.thumb.jpg.c45a563eed9c10349bd27f70314ecc12.jpg

More storage room for old car parts and empty boxes 😄.

1 minute ago, jaypee said:

Right on the money, this is one made in Taiwan. (78).

I've got another 3...... 1981 Made in Japan in Natural (this one is an absolute stoater) , a 1978 made in Japan in a special order purple, and a late 80s in black. 

😊

Absolutely brilliant stuff.  My pride and joy is a Guru snare (steambent Oak 14x5). My actual kits are nowhere near as fancy!  Liking the Yamaha (presumably) brass snare there.  That's a nice setup, right up my street.

Just on my way back from a business trip to the Netherlands and my mind has been blown by the number of sans-permis cars in Amsterdam, specifically the Canta LX which seems to be NL's answer to the Invacar.

1200px-Canta_LX_(35817299333).thumb.jpg.bef441affe842df210af94412e6c271b.jpg

they come in either 2-seater spec or have no seats and a ramp for wheelchairs to drive into. They were made in the 90s and into the 10s I think. They're flimsy as fuck, are incredibly spartan inside, must be sketchy as fuck in a crosswind and are powered by a 160cc engine with CVT. they'll do 28mph apparently. They can be driven by people without a driving licence (though no youths seem to want to be seen dead in one) but I have to say they are actually ideal transport for the city centre of a place like amsterdam. they're only 1.1m wide so can be driven in bike lanes and parked anywhere. I suppose if you look at it that they're a moped but which you don't get wet when it rains and they're OK.