What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Spotting a few classics leaving the NEC today on my journey home - noticed a Morgan, an ADO16 in beige, a beautiful convoy of four Capris including a white Tickford on the back of a beavertail, and I think I saw a blue Wartburg (only saw it for a split second heading in the other direction so it may not have been).

54 minutes ago, hairnet said:

pleasure

was thinking about san francisco in may but i dont think i could cope with direct to london

east coast is bad enuff

getting too old for it cant hack it :D

My worst ever USA holiday was booked last minute to florida at Christmas from Heathrow 

It was a  4 hour drive in a 1.1 fiesta 4 speed screaming its tits off at 75mph

Hotel at Heathrow 

Up at 4am

Flight to new York 

Flight to chicago

Flight to Orlando. 

18 hours when we landed 

Same coming back, then a 4 hour drive in that fiesta which had a flat battery when we got back

Withing a week the fiesta had gone, I fucking hated that car 

16 hours ago, Pat Earrings said:

Great to see another fan! I’ve been following him for years, way back when I was in Uni. I saw him recently in Brum and he did not disappoint. 

Yes yes, it’s reassuring to know he’s already on rotation somewhere else in the AS-tratosphere. No real surprise given your avatar!

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

That's absolutely they way they do it

I wanted a flight to einhoven and one went to Milan the way back via Dublin

I flew from Edinburgh to Oslo a few years ago just when the 737Max crisis started and Norwegian Air had a load of them so flights were changed and cancelled. Ryanair offered a flight via Krakow.

I had a brilliant one like this about 12 years ago - East Midlands to Dalaman in Turkey. On the way out, it had a stop in Bodrum. Alright, makes sense. On the way back... stops in Edinburgh first then East Midlands... and because it's the first place you get to in the UK, we had to go all the way through the airport, back through security and back on the plane. Did mean you had to leave your duty free on the plane because you wouldn't have necessarily got it back through security! Thankfully the rather dismal airline responsible, Onur Air, no longer exist.

28 minutes ago, Markeh said:

I had a brilliant one like this about 12 years ago - East Midlands to Dalaman in Turkey. On the way out, it had a stop in Bodrum. Alright, makes sense. On the way back... stops in Edinburgh first then East Midlands... and because it's the first place you get to in the UK, we had to go all the way through the airport, back through security and back on the plane. Did mean you had to leave your duty free on the plane because you wouldn't have necessarily got it back through security! Thankfully the rather dismal airline responsible, Onur Air, no longer exist.

I’ve had a flight back from Spain (Gerona), to Manchester stopping at Birmingham. It’s 12 minutes flying from Birmingham to Manchester but it added a hour to the flight (already 3 hours late), by the time you land , taxi , people get off etc. 

We didn’t have to get off but every item  left on the plane had to be claimed by a passenger. Took ages.

9 hours ago, Wack said:

Only Fans tart has decided to raffle a go in her minge for £20 a pop ( literally) 

I'm not sure the potential winnahs are going to be very happy with the announcement on twitter though. 

Screenshot_20230328_043641_TikTok.thumb.jpg.20a943e163be2a616eaf4c43c49aa036.jpg

Is it just the 59 tickets like here......just asking for a friend 

5 hours ago, cort1977 said:

It's worth paying the extra to fly UK to Dublin or Shannon and clear US customs there rather than land in the US on an international flight.  Or even fly to Toronto and drive in to the US at a quiet time.

:D

99% of the time ryanair to dub then dub to usa straight in euros and itll be far cheaper than starting here :D

the canada into america has been done too - for exactly that reason (and it was closer than jfk or newark - gas and rental was cheaper in molson land too )