What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After much faffery, plenty money and much effort from @Tickman @blackboilersuit @jaypee @captain_70s @Supernaut and countless others,

this happened!

IMG_20230304_125153095_MP.thumb.jpg.fcb372e3cf15c1dc5b844a73baa97d71.jpg

IMG_20230304_150847818_MP.thumb.jpg.92cadf77ca279559247a3f654d79b205.jpg

The Oxford was on the road today!!! 😁

Here it is by the Union Canal, one outmoded mode of  transport by another.

IMG_20230304_143134493_MP.thumb.jpg.6464794fcf2c46140f72fcccf467c5ce.jpg

Heres a crusty pile, and an old Castle

IMG-20230304-WA0019.thumb.jpg.1d39258c4474e3a76045c8b028683fba.jpg

And Fred Dibnah's ginger half brother approves

IMG_20230304_143408356.thumb.jpg.06cbacdd8b7876ffbb695451498816b2.jpg

31 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

2787b1c8-e510-4579-b83e-aa06df9a6f55.png

I was sitting a decent distance behind this thing in the Rexton with the window down and music playing, and I could still hear the diff.

Quality mode of transport.

Calendar shot indeed, and the only sort of bridge this should be allowed to cross.

25 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Calendar shot indeed, and the only sort of bridge this should be allowed to cross.

No it isn't.

It's poorly framed and taken with a phone camera. I'll need to take my proper DSLR over there next time and get a decent photo of it.

I just got an advertising email.  Now this wouldn't normally cause a Grin, but it was from Tui, with the headline "Get your summer holiday sorted."

Too late chaps, it's almost complete now, our two-week roadtrip in France and Germany!  And all done independently.  Now THAT's a Grin!

Just back from Belgo land again and the ex 83c Forester is a corker after the 13hr total shift of both rear wheel bearings..... 

Grin was the head unit seems to have taken 1 of 2 options...... 

Either an early warning system or become very judgemental of the owner..... Not sure which

IMG_20230305_060627.thumb.jpg.49eadcf2ceb7d8eeec21f7b4f4ef84b3.jpg

Car is running like clockwork after bypassing rotten coolant pipe under the inlet manifold..... Need to get a fleet thread sorted really I suppose. 

10 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I just got an advertising email.  Now this wouldn't normally cause a Grin, but it was from Tui, with the headline "Get your summer holiday sorted."

Too late chaps, it's almost complete now, our two-week roadtrip in France and Germany!  And all done independently.  Now THAT's a Grin!

We expect a road trip report . 

Tonight I am mainly pissed. A bottle or red to myself and a few Aguardientes. The later is a alcoholic drink made by distinction of the grapes after the wine have been made. It is similar to Grappa in Italy or  Eau-de-vie from France. I am slightly* hissed

47 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Tonight I am mainly pissed. A bottle or red to myself and a few Aguardientes. The later is a alcoholic drink made by distinction of the grapes after the wine have been made. It is similar to Grappa in Italy or  Eau-de-vie from France. I am slightly* hissed

EDV will do that, lovely stuff!

It's strange with smells and memories. It's a cold winter morning here and the property is covered with the smell of diesel exhaust from an old tractor and the smell immediately reminds me of my earliest memory which was Dad carrying me outside one early winter morning and putting me in the bunk of the idling Volvo F10 he then drove.

It's strange how memories like that last through life.

13 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

It's strange with smells and memories. It's a cold winter morning here and the property is covered with the smell of diesel exhaust from an old tractor and the smell immediately reminds me of my earliest memory which was Dad carrying me outside one early winter morning and putting me in the bunk of the idling Volvo F10 he then drove.

It's strange how memories like that last through life.

Yup! A cold morning and certain old cars running with the choke on while they get warmed up... reminds me of being a child, slightly late for school waiting for the car to defrost just enough for my mum to drive away. 

3 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Yup! A cold morning and certain old cars running with the choke on while they get warmed up... reminds me of being a child, slightly late for school waiting for the car to defrost just enough for my mum to drive away. 

I also have the same memory with choke on idling and waiting for windows to defrost.Great memories.

On 04/03/2023 at 18:49, Supernaut said:

No it isn't.

It's poorly framed and taken with a phone camera. I'll need to take my proper DSLR over there next time and get a decent photo of it.

Why, so it can be stripped down to eleven and a half pixels to save on storage space?

3 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I also have the same memory with choke on idling and waiting for windows to defrost.Great memories.

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

For me it is the haze and smell of two-stroke when I was 16 and annoying the world with my sports 'ped.

looking at flights to boston in a fortnight

man to bos via dub was 444 with aerlingus - looking at this right now and its 412 :D

thought id have a go at split so

stay at ibis at airport 70 quid cos flight to dub is 6am

man to dub and back with ryanscare 50 quid

dub to bos 300 return

the aerlingus flight can be 8am 1210 or 1350 (the one id likely get)

so swerve ryanair - priceless

stay in (cant call it a shithole hotel as its been built about 3 months :D )

dont have to get up early and lasding in bos at 8pm is fine the hotel is half an hour from there so problem and i miss the traffic 

sometimes the individual can work odd this time it didnt seeing as its not near a holiday

is it friday yet?