What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

I ordered some micro usb cables yesterday. 

Got notification that they'd arrived today. 

Instead of the cables I wanted, they'd sent a large, novelty, polkadot bowtie. 

No fucking joke.

GridArt_20230209_131331665.thumb.jpg.b51ddb2434f4943d67e4bbf57462bd00.jpg

I swear, One Foot in the Grave isn't a sitcom, it's a fucking prophecy. 

'And lo, on the 4th Sunday of lent, HillmanImp will accidentally put the tortoise in the garden fire, wearing his clowns bow tie' 

You have to wear that for your next collection.

9 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Instead of the cables I wanted, they'd sent a large, novelty, polkadot bowtie. 

No fucking joke.

Some bloke was in the paper this week who had ordered a laptop and they had sent some small thing instead.  They wouldn't believe him as system showed the laptop delivered and it descended in to a Kafkaesque nightmare of trying to prove that something wasn't delivered. 

Made me think twice about buying big items online anyway.

54 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

Some bloke was in the paper this week who had ordered a laptop and they had sent some small thing instead.  They wouldn't believe him as system showed the laptop delivered and it descended in to a Kafkaesque nightmare of trying to prove that something wasn't delivered. 

Made me think twice about buying big items online anyway.

I've read stories that this is getting more commonplace with Amazon. 

Anything spendy I'll use a trusted retailer, like Scan for computer equipment or Richer Sounds etc. 

Big corporate entities are sometimes a bit faceless. 

There's no hope for me 

Saw a Mk2  MX5 parked up, been there a while , gave it a quick check, MOT until July but it's looking a bit sorry for itself, tyres all cracked, hole in the front bumper, lacquer peeling off the back bumper 

I give the door a knock, guy comes out, says he wants rid of it, it's got a new exhaust because some cunt cut the cat off it 

Won't start, flat battery,not been started for 6 months  I've got one of those halo bolt air battery packs 

Put it on, left it for a minute, turned the key, no cranking fired straight up, ticking over like a good un

The guy was more impressed with my battery pack than seeing  the car running 😂

Needs 4 tyres so I ask what he wants and we agree a price 

Picking it up tomorrow,

Screenshot_20230210_173111_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b6a471c27a8ee7d4101444c8458d5f85.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wack said:

There's no hope for me 

Saw a Mk2  MX5 parked up, been there a while , gave it a quick check, MOT until July but it's looking a bit sorry for itself, tyres all cracked, hole in the front bumper, lacquer peeling off the back bumper 

I give the door a knock, guy comes out, says he wants rid of it, it's got a new exhaust because some cunt cut the cat off it 

Won't start, flat battery,not been started for 6 months  I've got one of those halo bolt air battery packs 

Put it on, left it for a minute, turned the key, no cranking fired straight up, ticking over like a good un

Picking it up tomorrow,

Screenshot_20230210_173111_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b6a471c27a8ee7d4101444c8458d5f85.jpg

And you have a hardtop so it won't be like driving round in a damp old tent! Jackpot.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

There's no hope for me 

Picking it up tomorrow,

you are middle aged ghosty :D

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

you are middle aged ghosty :D

You forgot fat, I have to be careful where I park it, if I can't open the door fully I can't get out, even then it's a pretty undignified exit 

62 today, bought an MX5, hopefully disappointing builders this summer when they pull up alongside a red MX5 and it's got a fat old man in it 

4 hours ago, coachie said:

They're back.  I bet they don't take their trolley back in the supermarket car park too.

IMG_20230211_092654.jpg

That's the "I'm too important to be helpful and considerate in society" gesture 

Fuck anyone who might have the audacity to want to pass in a wheelchair or using a guide cane

On 05/09/2018 at 02:12, LightBulbFun said:

spotted this milk float while out and about today

you dont seem them these days for some reason so it was a pleasant surprise, not much info on the DVLA site for this one and no MOT history either, are Milk floats MOT exempt?

probably to stop things like "Reasons for MOT Failure: Milk onboard does not produce a satisfactory cup of tea"  :mrgreen:

Image from iOS (24).jpg

(also its a Q reg for some reason)

Oh the "Irony" of this :D 

2 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

ULEZ beater (for those Hoxton twats who sell overpriced cups of brown)

Lot 51: Classic Motoring Lot Bidding Ends: Wednesday 15th February 2023 at 7:40PM £3,000-3,500 - Brightwells

image.thumb.png.bb0f9485d8a57ca4ffb0dd02b3a19144.png