What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

14 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Shitty but not terrifying, at least not directly, an insulation clamp falling off will only result in sweaty tiffs being slightly sweatier; that fitters who think this is an acceptable way to behave are anywhere near a submarine is a concern and I hope Babcock receive a large corporate wedgie. Shades of the glued on bolt heads on an RN patrol ship recently.

How did they find it? The fitter, will have filled in an assembly build complaint, and this will have been checked along with a pile of 2000, other build issues. He propably glued it back so they knew where to look. 

Not really a laughing matter, I know  but just watched a police traffic car programme. Women driving a Range Rover reported for erratic  driving and eventually stopped by police.

They open the car, small bottle bank’s worth of empties in the back and a bottle of wine in the front cup holder. That’s taking drink driving a bit too literally.
Officer says “anything over 35 , and you’ll be arrested . Oh , it’s 145” FFS.

Thing is , she’s sounds completely  ok. speech not even slightly slurred.

Got a bit angry that she only got fined £300, ( she’d nearly drunk that much judging by the empties), although banned for 24 months and sent on a rehab course.

4 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Not really a laughing matter, I know  but just watched a police traffic car programme. Women driving a Range Rover reported for erratic  driving and eventually stopped by police.

They open the car, small bottle bank’s worth of empties in the back and a bottle of wine in the front cup holder. That’s taking drink driving a bit too literally.

Got a bit angry that she only got fined £300, ( she’d nearly drunk that much judging by the empties), although banned for 24 months and sent on a rehab course.

It's amazing how much you can train your liver to cope with. 

Isn't fine related to income? 

If she was a housewife, she might have no income. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

It's amazing how much you can train your liver to cope with. 

Isn't fine related to income? 

If she was a housewife, she might have no income. 

You clearly didn't know my old mate Mad Dog, who would wake up and swig vodka despite being (at the time) unemployed.  Glad to say that he kicked it and the last time I saw him he was doing much better.

6 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I watched that, I bet his reaction would've been different without the camera crew, if she's drunk that much this won't be her first time, just the first time they've caught her 

Years ago I worked with a guy who was a drinker, got banned, a year or so later got banned again but he was bricking it when he went to court , the alcohol reading was high so he was advised the court could fine him up to 10k and or 2 years in prison 

Came out bouncing, £500 fine which wasn't even a weeks wages and a mandatory 3 year ban, he didn't even serve all of that because they let him give them some money for an awareness course, might've been 2½ years in. 

53 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

You clearly didn't know my old mate Mad Dog, who would wake up and swig vodka despite being (at the time) unemployed.  Glad to say that he kicked it and the last time I saw him he was doing much better.

I wasn't saying alcoholism is a good thing, just that some people can get to the point where it takes a good amount to start slurring thier words. To be fair, if she was weaving all over the road, then she probably isn't one of them. 

18 minutes ago, Matty said:

Just saw this in a carpark. Fair made my day really. After all, you can never be too careful 😄

20230204_142349.thumb.jpg.67eefb42f418d295b954f97a4044eae3.jpg

They could actually be trims, some newer stuff has very rudimentary alloy wheels with plastic trims like this on them. When it's a "wasteful" style they can save the money on excess alloy and the wheel ends up lighter and cheaper to make.

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

They could actually be trims, some newer stuff has very rudimentary alloy wheels with plastic trims like this on them. When it's a "wasteful" style they can save the money on excess alloy and the wheel ends up lighter and cheaper to make.

I thought that so I had to have a check. Defo alloys. Poor old bugger, wasting his pension on cable ties.