What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've just had a chat with a guy i've not seen in a while, he was telling me he'd been to Donald Trump's golf resort in scotland

First night in the bar he ordered a pint of lager and a cheese and onion sandwich which came cut into 4 triangles with crisps and a small salad 

He reaches into his wallet then looks at the bill, shoves the £20 note he had in mind back in and went for his debit card instead, £42 

3 minutes ago, Wack said:

I've just had a chat with a guy i've not seen in a while, he was telling me he'd been to Donald Trump's golf resort in scotland

First night in the bar he ordered a pint of lager and a cheese and onion sandwich which came cut into 4 triangles with crisps and a small salad 

He reaches into his wallet then looks at the bill, shoves the £20 note he had in mind back in and went for his debit card instead, £42 

If only there had been some warning that donald trump is a conman who has spent his whole life shafting the everyday man. 

1 hour ago, Sunny Jim said:

Some people do have issues around food @iainrcz but I don't think there's anything strange about asking a colleague what they've got in their packed lunch (I'm a southerner, am I translating "snap" correctly?).

Making friendly conversation isn't weird.

By a woman I actually meant my Mrs. Though I suppose she could still be classed as a colleague. We do both have to deal with the idiot dog.

3 hours ago, iainrcz said:

I've just innocently asked a women what she's taking for snap at work.

Apparently no one says that and then  asked why I always have to be weird.

I think it's genetic.

As my wife says. 

Be yourself.......only less so. 

Going to Hull tomorrow, as the New Salesman the company has took on to take the company to “the next level” got to site today and decided it was too cold to get out of his car so just drove home back to Worcester, he also cited “not being able to eat properly” as another excuse for his twatish behaviour 

2 hours ago, goosey said:

Going to Hull tomorrow, as the New Salesman the company has took on to take the company to “the next level” got to site today and decided it was too cold to get out of his car so just drove home back to Worcester, he also cited “not being able to eat properly” as another excuse for his twatish behaviour 

I mean, I used to live in Hull and fairly often I would get there and not want to get out of my car and just drive away.

Food was alright though, they have chip spice there. 

Just now, cobblers said:

I mean, I used to live in Hull and fairly often I would get there and not want to get out of my car and just drive away.

Food was alright though, they have chip spice there. 

To be fair I do like the Old Town and will probably have a walk around the Marina after the work is complete, it’s just I wouldn’t be a able to pull the kind of shit that the salesman gets away with that bugs me, it’s like he’s Teflon coated 

22 minutes ago, goosey said:

To do with his workout routine, he must stick to a strict diet and has to eat at certain times of the day 

The fuck? If I told my boss that I was going to choose when (or even if) I was going to work and it all depended on my interest in exercise, I don't think I'd be welcome to stay at my job.

That must be the most trivial excuse I've ever heard for not working