What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

26 minutes ago, hairnet said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64261616

3 then yes but it seems Adidas can't count:D

This makes me think of a thought I've had for a long time. I've often thought that Joseph and his technicolor dream coat in the Bible must be a mistranslation of a Hebrew then Latin text.

If you lived in a world where everyone dressed in a beige sack with a hood, then your mate turned up in a bright, multicoloured jacket, you wouldn't think, "I'm so envious of him. I'm going to beat him up."

You'd think, "Well, he looks an absolute fucking roaster. He needs a shoeing"

So the moral of the story is all wrong in the modern translations

19 minutes ago, 108 said:

T2 car park? Enjoy your trip. 

After I'd walked the perimeter looking for their hut - when I'd walked within 50 ft of the desk in the terminal. 🤣 

Does 140 nicely the transmission does the blargh thing when you gas it - is that a CVT thing

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

I walked past one of these

Are they cheap in the land of potato

IMG_20230113_213144373_HDR.jpg

If that’s a Duster they start at around €22k but not many buy the base model new. 
There’s huge VRT and VAT on new cars here. Even imports have ridiculous taxes. 

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

After I'd walked the perimeter looking for their hut - when I'd walked within 50 ft of the desk in the terminal. 🤣 

Does 140 nicely the transmission does the blargh thing when you gas it - is that a CVT thing

I’m not sure about the CVT thing. My current steed is a 300k mile Mk 2 Diseasel Focus. 

1 hour ago, Spurious said:

Literally the only thing cheaper in Ireland now is the fuel. Otherwise it's expensive to buy, insure and tax 🙁

I'd still like to move home someday

Insurance and tax are both cheap for me but on the flip side I’m an old fart. Diesel is around €1.70/l at the moment. 

8 hours ago, 108 said:

If that’s a Duster they start at around €22k but not many buy the base model new. 
There’s huge VRT and VAT on new cars here. Even imports have ridiculous taxes. 

No it's a jogger hence pic

Be glad it's not Denmark although not as nuts as it once was

Jogger (Trim level Essential) here in Spain is 18040€ Black is standard colour.

image.png.35b8f88da63dbaf8103d5b2859118f48.png

1st registration costs for this car with WLTP is 0%  Because it runs on LPG. Issue is there are not many filling stations that one can use.

Moving on to a petrol engine (trim level Expression) then basic will cost  19550€ 1st registration cost will still be 0

image.png.e256c8984380b6f2e15447d6107b89d1.png

The above costs do not include plates or fees to make the registration documents  in your name. I have no idea how much they are these days.

On 1/13/2023 at 1:30 PM, horriblemercedes said:

This makes me think of a thought I've had for a long time. I've often thought that Joseph and his technicolor dream coat in the Bible must be a mistranslation of a Hebrew then Latin text.

If you lived in a world where everyone dressed in a beige sack with a hood, then your mate turned up in a bright, multicoloured jacket, you wouldn't think, "I'm so envious of him. I'm going to beat him up."

You'd think, "Well, he looks an absolute fucking roaster. He needs a shoeing"

So the moral of the story is all wrong in the modern translations

All parables are metaphors I think. My favourite being the wedding feast turning water into wine - from which we learn that when you run out of drink get on your knees and pray!