What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, hairnet said:

i dont get that cos the map is all european

no wai ive done that in the shit peugeot :D

6-7k maybe

Ironically , people with old ICE cars who often get the most blame , probably do the lowest mileage.

My car mileage last year was about 6000, (2:1 petrol:diesel) ,walked maybe 1000, (3 miles a day), cycled about 10, public transport( London Underground), about 50. Last long haul flight was in 2016, last flight of any kind , 2020.

I bet many people who preach to the world about being green, run up huge air miles “supporting sustainable tourism “ in places like India , far east or various parts of Africa.

I apparently travelled 11,700 miles last year.
Did about half that in the Civic sedan.

Noticed the driver's side sill end's going to need some serious attention sooner rather than later :( I think it being outdoors over winter has done it a disservice. Got my folks to thank for that: they have a rental property with a separate garage, and they said I could have the garage as they were going to S21 the tenant for being a pain in the arse and [redacted], but they went backwards on that, then decided I could have it when the contract renewed, then told me actually they CBA with the paperwork to take it off the lease, then I lost my job so I can't afford to find any storage.

It's not the end of the world as I'm going to have the car in for another bit of bodywork when funds permit so I'll get it done with that, but it's a fucker all the same.

Green MX5 is booked in for test on Thurs then will be for sale. I've got the bits to fix the mirrors on the G-Limited and hopefully I can press that into service once the green one is ticketed, so I can sell it.

The accounts dept of one of our customers (A leading bus manufacturer) has sent out an end of year accounts message to all their (350+?) suppliers asking for a statement.

They haven't used BCC.

Plenty of people woke up to a very interesting list of email addresses that they'll be using to bypass a few tiers in the supply chain at the very least. GDPR? Never met her.

Many people are doing a "reply all" to argue about other people doing a "reply all". 🍿🍿🍿

6 hours ago, cobblers said:

The accounts dept of one of our customers (A leading bus manufacturer) has sent out an end of year accounts message to all their (350+?) suppliers asking for a statement.

They haven't used BCC.

Plenty of people woke up to a very interesting list of email addresses that they'll be using to bypass a few tiers in the supply chain at the very least. GDPR? Never met her.

Many people are doing a "reply all" to argue about other people doing a "reply all". 🍿🍿🍿

I’ve had that before too. Everyone doing reply all telling the original customer created such an inferno of emails I turned off our pc for the day. I think it was about 500 emails in the inbox next day.

Just been out and the traffic lights are down on a major junction in Southampton. Everyone looked at each other gave a nod  or a little wave and went on their merry way. Nobody died and there were no traffic jams, I just sailed through after stopping briefly to look at other people. 

All we have to do now is switch the rest off and most of the traffic problems in Southampton should disappear.

Romsey Road/Winchester Road/Tebourba Way if your interested. 

15 hours ago, Yoss said:

Just been out and the traffic lights are down on a major junction in Southampton. Everyone looked at each other gave a nod  or a little wave and went on their merry way. Nobody died and there were no traffic jams, I just sailed through after stopping briefly to look at other people. 

All we have to do now is switch the rest off and most of the traffic problems in Southampton should disappear.

Romsey Road/Winchester Road/Tebourba Way if your interested. 

The A38, and A47 between Lichfield and Birmingham has 13 sets of traffic lights. Most of them are on Roundabouts.  At least 4 of them don't need lights at rush hour. 

On 09/01/2023 at 11:02, MikeR said:

Well the low emission C1 passed it MOT today , all of 7K miles it has done in a year !!

120 ish gallons of go juice .....

Meh. I know you dream of owning a fiat strada.  

2 hours ago, New POD said:

The A38, and A47 between Lichfield and Birmingham has 13 sets of traffic lights. Most of them are on Roundabouts.  At least 4 of them don't need lights at rush hour. 

Winchester Road here has eight sets in about a mile, some are really close and none are synced obviously. One set is just to get in and out of The Range and another just to get in to Wickes FFS. 

I have to cross Winchester Road to get to and from work. Fine in the morning, it's 6am but coming home I'll attempt the shortest route but it will be immediately apparent if the lights have gone out of sync and I'll abort and drive the long way round via a roundabout. Because when the lights out of the side road are green nobody can move because cars are backed over the junction because the next set are still red. And they are only about ten car lengths apart, it can't be rocket science to sync them together. Anyway I'll stop now, this not the grumpy thread. 

Finally spotted a single matching alloy for the disco on evilbay. £65 delivered. Turned up and the wheel is perfect, and has a zero miles michelin on it.

Seller had guff about it being only for emergency spare use as 2011 dated. Which is fine as I only want it for a spare, but wouldn't hesitate to use it, there's no sign of deterioration at all, and can't see 11 years of being mounted but not used causing it to be dangerous.