What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

31 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The way of the world , if it was the other way around you could be having your day in court.

As firm believer in a hug and a kiss I find that a bit sad. 
Have avoided litigation thus far by being strong in my believe that it would be taken as the gesture it was ment in whatever the circumstance. Hear what you’re saying mind. Anyone who looks like they may misconstrue, No hugs and kisses for you. 

8 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Been watching the highlights on You Tube. 80% of coverage is the motorbikes. Would prefer to see more of the cars and trucks especially.

It's on Eurosport for an hour every night if you've got cable

14 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

As firm believer in a hug and a kiss I find that a bit sad. 
Have avoided litigation thus far by being strong in my believe that it would be taken as the gesture it was ment in whatever the circumstance. Hear what you’re saying mind. Anyone who looks like they may misconstrue, No hugs and kisses for you. 

I agree. Please give me a hug.

Having lived outside of the UK  for a very long time I do find the continentals  more tactile. until the bloody Covids came along. Still on the bright side, things are getting back to a bit more normal now.

1 minute ago, Wack said:

I'm always slightly surprised when I see cars like this that barely fit in a normal space just left for people to bang their doors into 

Screenshot_20230106_134157_Gallery.thumb.jpg.46f302efcb68b49738580ec3e1d84fe2.jpg

Just had to Google what it was, Ferrari Roma S A 

Prices start from £170k 

I don't really get forward parking in spaces like that anyway - it just seems like a method to make your life more awkward (straightening up going in and visibility and angles for exiting the space), but in the DS3 on the left, it's probably a bit less nerve-wracking than in the Ferrari. Just reverse into the space ffs

44 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't really get forward parking in spaces like that anyway - it just seems like a method to make your life more awkward (straightening up going in and visibility and angles for exiting the space), but in the DS3 on the left, it's probably a bit less nerve-wracking than in the Ferrari. Just reverse into the space ffs

Is it somewhere with shopping ?  for the majority of people you need to go in nose first to be able to put crap in the boot

1 hour ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

Is it somewhere with shopping ?  for the majority of people you need to go in nose first to be able to put crap in the boot

Shop at supermarket - drive in so take trolley around to boot

Get to work in the morning - Reverse in so this time of year you drive out with the headlights in the unlit car park.

59 minutes ago, hairnet said:

he did exactly the same :D

A story of sleepless nights, work stress and forgetfulness resulting from those things.

Junkyard Digs have a store where they sell shirts and other assorted tat, but they don't ship internationally. I said I'd act as postmaster middle man.

Time passes and a shirt arrives addressed to me. Nice, thinks I. 

I then remember after the fact that I had said I would send a shirt onward.

TL;DR:- hairnet got a new shirt, plus some other goodies in a package to say sorry for me being a dumbass.

1 hour ago, loserone said:

No, I'm none the wiser.

me neither :D itll sort itself out via the mega special people involved eventually

26 minutes ago, PhilA said:

TL;DR: being a dumbass.

no wai

joch did the same thing as phil - addressed very obvs to me but then wears it thinking - ooh squirrel present :D

10 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Reverse just to avoid scraping those wheels on the kerb. Probably £1k+ each!

2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Reverse just to avoid scraping those wheels on the kerb. Probably £1k+ each!

I agree on reversing into a tight space, especially in a fancy motor, but I'm thinking he/she wouldn't have been able to open the large driver's door enough to get out. At least this way the owner can get their Gucci shoes dirty on the grass.

17 hours ago, PhilA said:

A story of sleepless nights, work stress and forgetfulness resulting from those things.

Junkyard Digs have a store where they sell shirts and other assorted tat, but they don't ship internationally. I said I'd act as postmaster middle man.

Time passes and a shirt arrives addressed to me. Nice, thinks I. 

I then remember after the fact that I had said I would send a shirt onward.

TL;DR:- hairnet got a new shirt, plus some other goodies in a package to say sorry for me being a dumbass.

Just watched 1 of their videos where they pull an old Chevy Stepside Sport out of a barn,complete with a snowplough and find myself wondering if there are more kicking around.....