What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

so got a sheet through for hossy and 4th jan appt - that was last week

ok

on top of one made on the 29 nov for 24th jan :D which they told me about when they were talking to me

got a sheet thru today for 28th dec - i misread the date and thought it was tomorrow :D

full on panic for a minute

extra day off ftw (im already off :D ) - the sheet is dated 9th and it turned up today

work will be told on friday :D

so old git despatched to get autocar xmas issue

went to tescos anyway 'can ya look out for it itll say xmas issue or have 2022 written on the front'

'this one has ultimate something something on it'

look at the barcode itll say the date

21st to 4 jan

wtf

went on ebay (heres the lol)

someone selling a brand new one for 5.00 (5.99 in the shops) and free post

click buy it now :D

Earlier this evening I was reading one of my Michel Vaillant books (a long-running French series about a racing driver whose family are also car manufacturers).  I must have read the book half a dozen times over the last 30 years or so, but I noticed something just now which I'd never spotted before.

20221221_000519.thumb.jpg.8e98bbf377282a8bd95736533f9647c7.jpg

That orange car to the left of the Vaillante Le Mans GT - is that or is that not a Montego estate?  If so, is this the only known appearance of a Montego in a cartoon strip?

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

I'd like to get on board with this but wd40 is good for absolutely fuck all, any other aerosol with oily contents is better in every way at making things move

Makes me laugh when people spray just the bolt heads and then sing their praises for it. Achieves absolutely fuck all, as you would say there :)

Very much a placebo. Only thing I find it good for is spraying dirty (but not rusty) threads directly before wire-wheeling them. Helps to break it up. Oh, and spraying periodically when drilling but only to reduce temperatures when there's nothing else to hand.

I do find the silicon WD-40 good, but then it isn't WD-40 so your point stands 

On 12/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, Yoss said:

Uptons of Bassett in Winchester Road, by the roundabout with Hill Lane. They also do a good full English for about a tenner and being a butchers they don't have wishy washy stuff like beans or tomatoes. Two eggs, decent bit of toast and the rest is all meat. Can recommend. 

A superb  place. The curry house next door is particularly good as well.

Went to the theatre last night (ooh, get you ducky!) to see and more importantly hear the Down For The Count swing orchestra. Oh boy are they great! There isn't enough Big-Band music around. These guys had four singers among them, all of whom were excellent and looked like they were enjoying themselves. Marvin, the big black guy, has a particularly luxurious voice, even just speaking. If a Cadillac could sing, that's what it would sound like. They're on tour again in April and coming back to Ulverston, so I reckon we will be going again.

4 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

A superb  place. The curry house next door is particularly good as well.

Yes can confirm this. We usually walk if we're going there. Not so I can have a drink, though that is a bonus, but because you usually come out completely stuffed so a fifteen minute walk does you good. 

3 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Yay for Southampton Council.  🙄

16289052.jpg?type=mds-article-620

Is that Daisy Dip? I haven't been round that way for a, while. If it is there is a bloke who collects Sierras about a hundred yards behind the camera. 

So if there was an incedent it would be very difficult to apportion blame for insurance purposes. 

watching top gear on bbc three now

db11 and of course they ref the bond thing (matt bond obvs)

watched it before and only now i notice harris has blofelds jacket on :D

bwhahahaha

edit theyre getting chased by the feds - over the radio we want joey from friends and a bald guy in a bad jacket :D

shit. lost.

glad i wasnt drinking tea :D:D:D

stupid = funny (like @beko1987 )

(joke sam)

Edited by hairnet
beko dis mode ON

21 hours ago, cobblers said:

I'd like to get on board with this but wd40 is good for absolutely fuck all, any other aerosol with oily contents is better in every way at making things move

Edzackery; it's ok for removing sticky gack from paintwork/glass/etc but it's bog all use as a penetrant. I like Plusgas.

4 hours ago, myglaren said:

main-qimg-31c9e48b0217625ba18e1ac9883df392-lq.jpeg

On a serious note, the very people who complain about the press hounding them (and Diana before), are by and large the actual people who buy the papers and magazines the photographers work for .

Stop buying publications that run stories about them and they’re not going to bother chasing them round the world. At the end of the day, it’s about making money.