What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I used a small car-park attached to a parade of shops this afternoon, 2 degrees outside. The Co-Op artics delivering to the store reverse in, and it's on a slight incline. As last night's snow was still on the ground, but just slushy. He tried, tried and tired again several more times but didn't make it. He parked on the road then I think, god knows how he'd have got the roll-cages up the same slope!

They really should send the drivers out with a bag of rock salt. 

When we had that -20 winter in 2010  and everybody ran out of salt I was delivering for a truck company 

TTC in crewe was a distribution centre for the North, they ordered pallets and pallets of salt for next year, it was everywhere 

Only next year was warm, as was the next year, they then put in a 1 way system and used the pallets of salt as roundabouts, road markers etc 

Last time I went the UV light had turned all the plastic bags brittle and it was piles of salt everywhere. 

7 hours ago, Wack said:

They really should send the drivers out with a bag of rock salt. 

When we had that -20 winter in 2010  and everybody ran out of salt I was delivering for a truck company 

TTC in crewe was a distribution centre for the North, they ordered pallets and pallets of salt for next year, it was everywhere 

Only next year was warm, as was the next year, they then put in a 1 way system and used the pallets of salt as roundabouts, road markers etc 

Last time I went the UV light had turned all the plastic bags brittle and it was piles of salt everywhere. 

We have a pallet of salt in our warehouse which no one dare touch as the bags just split.

No idea how they will ever get rid of it.

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I never got the point of them the first time round, guess the lava never flowed for me.

I'm sure that having one in the 70s had the same effect on the opposite gender as for those creeps that use rohipnal to get thier wicked way. Right ? 

1 minute ago, New POD said:

I'm not sure why it made me grin. 

Asda sell screen wash. Ready to use. 

Down to minus 2 

Totally pointless. 

I've got AA brand stuff rated to -5, absolutely useless at the moment.

I was driving to the Co-Op in the next village and couldn't see, no screenwash was coming out, so got the bottle out of the boot, and went to throw some over the windscreen, it comes out like one of those slush puppy things. :lol:

Blue_Raspberry_slush_puppy__21569.1527284362.jpg?c=2

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Down to minus 2 

Totally pointless. 

Otherwise known as water with blue dye and scent added?🤪

4 hours ago, Timewaster said:

We have a pallet of salt in our warehouse which no one dare touch as the bags just split.

No idea how they will ever get rid of it.

Maybe an enterprising person could use the revolutionary space-age implements the shovel and the bucket to spread it around vehicle roadways when the forecast says it's going to be icy? 

16 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Otherwise known as water with blue dye and scent added?🤪

Maybe an enterprising person could use the revolutionary space-age implements the shovel and the bucket to spread it around vehicle roadways when the forecast says it's going to be icy? 

The fragments of plastic bag mixed in with the salt probably isn't environmentally sound?

so having told work i wouldnt be in despite telling them that the unexpected day off the other week would be taken as a sick - they tried to change it to a day off which meant i coulda been in today - big boss was told the hospital kept me in hence the day off not my fault not like i swung it - the same thing happened the middle of october and they said and did nothing - no you said 9 days - im taking 9 days - after it took them 3 days to realise i didnt have only a week like i thought - they shot themselves in the foot there cos if theyd said a week i wouldnt have argued and they wouldnt be stuck even they ok'd the hols two weeks ago :D 

set alarm for 9

woke up lay there for a bit - its 1115 :D

looked at phone - missed alarm - no shit 

they havent rung up mythering :P 

edit just watching countdown (whos vick hope?)

does colin rent his jumpers to @Kiltox :D

5 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've got AA brand stuff rated to -5, absolutely useless at the moment.

I was driving to the Co-Op in the next village and couldn't see, no screenwash was coming out, so got the bottle out of the boot, and went to throw some over the windscreen, it comes out like one of those slush puppy things. :lol:

Blue_Raspberry_slush_puppy__21569.1527284362.jpg?c=2

Lidl extreme conc. was good to -25 and cheap. 
this Prestone stuff is good too and using it at the moment.image.thumb.jpeg.ecb1058335bd15bd0248fdb71e881cbf.jpeg

5 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Brilliant, I'll see about the Lidl stuff. Cheers. :)

Normal lidl is good, but only to about -5 in 5litres. The heavy duty was also 5litres for about £10 but good for a lot lower and melted ice on the screen.

7 hours ago, New POD said:

Down to minus 2 

Totally pointless. 

That winter when it was minus 20 , 2010 I think it was, the M1 northbound in notts was stationary because the sun was blinding and all the washers had frozen up so nobody could see anything, not mine because i'm not a numbnuts , luckily I was southbound

I pulled into the services for fuel ,saw pallets of pre mixed screenwash  outside the shop, all frozen solid 😄