What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

41 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

They're doing roadworks at the moment on the Norwich northern bypass.  Drove through there this morning and the only works vehicle there was a 2003 Scenic RX4, all reflective-stickered up.  Not seen one of those on the road for ages.

Had a couple of holidays in the French Alps early 2000s. Loads of them everywhere. Seemed to be the car of choice for the snow out there. Don’t suppose they last like Landrovers do.

Oh hi.

MVI_2365_1.thumb.jpg.90bddc803221bdeaa5c9ac1c58084792.jpg

Definitely worth putting a million layers on and risking certain death for The Content.  First time I've left the house in a week, still weaker than a Renault front spring and only just started getting my voice back.  Covid can get in the bin, I am not appreciating it one bit.  But hey, surprise fox encounter in the first snow of the year, that proper cheered me up.

3 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Oh hi.

MVI_2365_1.thumb.jpg.90bddc803221bdeaa5c9ac1c58084792.jpg

Definitely worth putting a million layers on and risking certain death for The Content.  First time I've left the house in a week, still weaker than a Renault front spring and only just started getting my voice back.  Covid can get in the bin, I am not appreciating it one bit.  But hey, surprise fox encounter in the first snow of the year, that proper cheered me up.

It’s the simple things that matter the most. Hope you’re on the mend.

Presume this is one of the cubs we saw darting about out the back earlier in the year. Big sturdy looking bugger now. Don’t think I’ve seen a fox luggin that much timber. 

D938F3CE-7CBE-429F-8A1D-7DFF2CE91F0D.thumb.jpeg.b199d1169ab527a1a7b4c888fae59d7f.jpeg

On 12/10/2022 at 8:59 PM, Bren said:

Watching ice station zebra on TCM.

And I feel like I am there.

I saw that first time around in Ayr Odeon - don't remember much about it as I was a wee lad but my Mum had a thing for Rock Hudson (and Dirk Bogarde - guess her gaydar wasn't that hot?) 

I used a small car-park attached to a parade of shops this afternoon, 2 degrees outside. The Co-Op artics delivering to the store reverse in, and it's on a slight incline. As last night's snow was still on the ground, but just slushy. He tried, tried and tired again several more times but didn't make it. He parked on the road then I think, god knows how he'd have got the roll-cages up the same slope!