What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

back to work after 3 months

went in and told them had more appointments to take

asked them about the sick as it overlapped a week (last week) cos wondered how theyd pay me

oh cos on the sick holidays get cancelled

you have to take them again

thats nuts i got sick pay for that but then will get paid for the days when they get holidays on :D

christmas off :D - cant take them in nov due to appointments (dont know what theyll do)

so thats week and half in december and the two days id booked for a gig the last time they saw me :D

some days are just nuts - so having been enforced off i now get enforced leave from work :D

spain was 75 quid return (guess what ive been doing to take mind off medical :D )

42 minutes ago, gm said:

a saxo, a zx, c4 and a bx 16v !

E5AB5188-E420-4EA0-9B21-60629C60DFB4.thumb.jpeg.06026c904e623c097e4604d0fa76f66f.jpeg

shame he seems to have gone out - the house is in darkness and no one is answering the bell !

panic over, he was just walking the dug !

thoroughly nice chap, turns out he was up at retroshite last month - i mentioned AS, i suspect he may well check in sometime :) 

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Welcome to the iMac G3 club, I've got one in the same colour. :)

20220805_180602.thumb.jpg.68ded8b9a249e8c68c432bcb944d1c0c.jpg

it’s specifically seeing yours that put the idea in my head - i’ve no idea what spec i’ve bought, just spotted it while on the train up here to collect the bini and sent the guy a message :) 

3 minutes ago, gm said:

it’s specifically seeing yours that put the idea in my head - i’ve no idea what spec i’ve bought, just spotted it while on the train up here to collect the bini and sent the guy a message :) 

Spec will be on a sticker on the base.

20221114_195502.thumb.jpg.90011808b7e22e9cc1077c4c9720399f.jpg

Something like that. Happy to help if you've any questions about them or whatever, just pop me a PM. :)

On 11/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, gm said:

a saxo, a zx, c4 and a bx 16v !

E5AB5188-E420-4EA0-9B21-60629C60DFB4.thumb.jpeg.06026c904e623c097e4604d0fa76f66f.jpeg

shame he seems to have gone out - the house is in darkness and no one is answering the bell !

I collected a sunroof cut out of an AX from him a few months back on behalf of somebody else.

Certainly stands out on the estate!

47 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I had 2 Pirelli tyres fitted at Kwik Fit yesterday and this morning I received an email explaining I'd been selected at random to win the tyres for free including the cost of fitting... £233 😀

Were you aware of that before you chose kwik fit, I do wonder if whoever thinks these promotions up has any idea if they attract new business or just cost the company money 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Were you aware of that before you chose kwik fit, I do wonder if whoever thinks these promotions up has any idea if they attract new business or just cost the company money 

I was aware but it wasn’t the reason I decided to purchase from there… I’d already got 15% off too!

Release bearing on work van making horrendous noise

So loud heard it over radio

Makes mad noise in gear going slowly too

I've not driven it for 3 month that's the second time someone new has killed a van in not long

21 plate done 54k

Done 90k 3 times in connects and 75k in a Nissan nv400 2 ish years each and never had issues :D

It is Beajolais Nouveau day today. My central heating boiler needs a dose of looking at but as I had been invited out to lunch decided to leave the boiler til after lunch. I had forgotten it was Nouveau day, so we had to sample it at lunch time. Four of us at lunch. One driving. Three bottles. Oh dear.

Just stuck the electric heater on, will look at the boiler tomorrow. Wonder if this Merlot will be as good? :-) 

1 hour ago, Saabnut said:

It is Beajolais Nouveau day today. My central heating boiler needs a dose of looking at but as I had been invited out to lunch decided to leave the boiler til after lunch. I had forgotten it was Nouveau day, so we had to sample it at lunch time. Four of us at lunch. One driving. Three bottles. Oh dear.

Just stuck the electric heater on, will look at the boiler tomorrow. Wonder if this Merlot will be as good? :-) 

What's it like this year?  It was always a big thing when I lived in France but I generally came away wondering what the fuss was about...

On 11/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Now that is a thought I could leave a selection of cars on a roundabout for easy selection when I want to one out, Do you think they would roof a roundabout for me!

You can park anywhere with a “police aware” sticker snd some hazard tape.