What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 25/10/2022 at 13:36, omegod said:

Finally found a 69 reg qashqai in the right colour, miles, price and spec that we've been after for a while, it's at another branch of a major supermarket type place and is being brought to my nearest one, slight grump is that there is no service history at all with it so technically could have done 42k on the same oil and this will be used as a bargaining point as I'm very unhappy about this :) 

The Grin:  I've managed to get the vin number from the reg which isn't easy these days, as the original supplying dealer had added a badge to the rear of the car I called them and, quoting the VIN, they were happy to confirm they had serviced it yearly and it had had some warranty work done, they'll also send me a newly stamped replacement book if I email them. 

Hopefully the car is as good as it looks ! 

also ask the question is there a service package in place and is it transferrable

i just had an oil & filter done free and will be able to get big service done in Feb (18/67 plate civic)

After quite a bit of back and forth, and the kind offer of assistance from a denizen of Weird Car Twitter, I have bought a complete boot lid for the Lanchester for a mere £20.  I only really wanted that smaller trim that covers the lock mechanism.  This new lid has less dents (and less paint) than the one on the car so I might end up swapping the whole thing and putting the new wiring into it since it's not a difficult panel to wire up.  I'll know better when the boot lid arrives and I can assess what the better option is.  Given the state of much of the woodwork on the donor car, the boot lid frame might actually be rotten, I can't tell in the photos.

440135481_BootInterior.thumb.jpg.d1321bf207828e08ece6fba57b4b74dc.jpg

1146904487_BootExterior.thumb.jpg.bd54653f14c3c934af374c3a93813ca6.jpg

On 10/25/2022 at 1:36 PM, omegod said:

Finally found a 69 reg qashqai in the right colour, miles, price and spec that we've been after for a while, it's at another branch of a major supermarket type place and is being brought to my nearest one, slight grump is that there is no service history at all with it so technically could have done 42k on the same oil and this will be used as a bargaining point as I'm very unhappy about this :) 

The Grin:  I've managed to get the vin number from the reg which isn't easy these days, as the original supplying dealer had added a badge to the rear of the car I called them and, quoting the VIN, they were happy to confirm they had serviced it yearly and it had had some warranty work done, they'll also send me a newly stamped replacement book if I email them. 

Hopefully the car is as good as it looks ! 

Well this is done and dusted, car turned out to be great. I part exed a 59 reg "mystery focus" that I bought as salvage from copart 4 yrs ago, mystery being it was supposedly a cat N but never showed up on the register despite being mangled, all in and fully repaired it cost me £1300, I got £1300 for it today :) 

I had quite  a wrangle due to the lack of service history on the Qashqai which the salesman understood was an issue so he threw a load of crap in, free MOT's for life, 6 months breakdown, drive away insurance and some other shite, after all the signing of documents it was then over to the "hand over team" who promptly handed me the keys along with............... the bloody service history  🤣 

Electric handbrakes can get in the sea  

I've really enjoyed Junkyard Digs farming series and today came the highlight that I've been waiting for, harvest. I want a combine now.

Also saw the previous youtube video from Kevin today and was a nice surprise at the end he asked Mook (girlfriend) to marry him. Wich was great.

Sat eating my breakfast, this is the third OAP to try and walk in to the clearly closed branch of wickes. This lass is banging on the door now.  

Surely they've had all week free to go out and buy whatever it is they absolutely urgently need?

I used to dread opening up on a Sunday when I worked at Halfords, it was like Shaun of the dead. 

20221030_094846.jpg

18 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Sat eating my breakfast, this is the third OAP to try and walk in to the clearly closed branch of wickes. This lass is banging on the door now.  

Surely they've had all week free to go out and buy whatever it is they absolutely urgently need?

I used to dread opening up on a Sunday when I worked at Halfords, it was like Shaun of the dead. 

20221030_094846.jpg

Same at sainsburys back in my yoof. Always the same slow old people waiting at the door 20 minutes before opening on a Sunday. To buy a paper usually... 

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Same at sainsburys back in my yoof. Always the same slow old people waiting at the door 20 minutes before opening on a Sunday. To buy a paper usually... 

Not long ago, my mother said “I hate going to the Post Office. it’s full of old people”.

She was 80 herself at the time!

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

20221030_094846.jpg

Forgotten to put the clocks back?

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

20221030_094846.jpg

Years ago I used to work refitting pubs. They were proper building sites. Fences around, the building gutted, safety signs everywhere, builders with power tools etc

Several times a day some old git would wade through all of that, into the middle of the pub and express surprise that it wasn't open, even after walking into a shell of a building 

5 hours ago, cobblers said:

Monday queue at the post office to get pension

Tuesday sit all day in the doctors waiting room

Wednesday go to Gala for some Bingo

Thursday WI for a cake off with Edna

Friday down to the crem to clean up Bills plaque

Saturday watch catch up TV

Sunday go shopping and piss off all those moaning self righteous millennials by getting in their way.

On 6/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, neil1971 said:

I've driven past this sorry looking Megane on a garage forecourt in Kings Lynn a few times, tyres are flat and looks like it's been there a while, but was quite impressed on checking Streetview to see it was there in June 2016, priced at £1995 then and now down to £1695 if anyone fancies it 😀

118506239_megane2021.JPG.ce067691a0810adfbb5792546ebf5119.JPG

1170990136_megane2016.JPG.7f235981531fe093879611844d3ffe96.JPG

Drove past this garage on Saturday, and for the first time in at least six years, the Megane wasn't there. Kings Lynn has lost a landmark, albeit not one of its more appealing ones.

21 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I've really enjoyed Junkyard Digs farming series and today came the highlight that I've been waiting for, harvest. I want a combine now.

Also saw the previous youtube video from Kevin today and was a nice surprise at the end he asked Mook (girlfriend) to marry him. Wich was great.

Same, it's a brilliant channel and I really like them! And Angus. 

@hairnet has a junkyard Mook shirt too

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Same, it's a brilliant channel and I really like them! And Angus. 

@hairnet has a junkyard Mook shirt too

I follow several Youtube channels with rural Americans and Canadians and they appear to be great people who I like a lot, Kevin and Mook are like that. And the farming channels are great and often are small family farms with old equipment that scrape through year after year.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:52 PM, High Jetter said:

Cheese. Box. Throw, long way away.

Reminds me of the time MrsDS caught a mole, put it in a empty biscuit tin and drove it up to a nearby woodland, emptied it out of the tin onto the ground and it immediately made a beeline back towards the car so she was try to shoo it in a different direction. Then she noticed people in another car looking at her with utter disbelief. So she promptly tried too hard to appear sane.

couple in the road have had new outside lights put up , as in 2 very bright ones ....

no one in the road needs a light on at night now , the cats avoid the road to preserve their night sight ,

and I am getting a tan lying in bed .... 

at least its white light as opposed the yellow light off the council light that we normally get

I looked at one of Norway's biggest news websites just now and there was a news reel with videos and in the news about a grain agreement from Ukraine, they showed a combine working in a field and of all the combines they could have chosen to show, they chose an old East German workhorse a Fortschritt E517 which is still in use. And I don't know how why this made me happy but it did and yes I need help.

115250491_Screenshot2022-11-0217_14_08.thumb.png.bcffcaa83ab83db9fc2150da6cbde3a2.png