What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

9 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Get real. Wee Krankie is as bad as any of them, except any time she’s found out , it’s “ the English bastards are to blame “ and half the country (well 49%) believe her. They’ve made as much a mess of Scotland as the Tories have of the U.K. and they’re only in charge of about 1/4 of it.

What a well reasoned argument. I'm cured! I suppose I'd better vote for labour or whatever now.

Bought a bicycle front mech from eBay. 
6 days later it arrives second class.

unknown.png

The cable clamp is cracked. Visible wear behind the bolt. That's not safe as it could let go. The crack isn't fresh, there's corrosion in it, and it lines up perfectly with where a cable's been rubbing against it. 

image.png.ec6335ae1623561b26035e475499fcad.png

image.png.490db56d4280eaa4fffec59d99465c0c.png

Jumps straight on the defence, no refunds. Seller knows he's sold a duff part. I question his motives:

image.png.29ba92cb8938e68af82e20059a993b4e.png

My cynical hat is firmly on. Bluff called.

image.png.eefbf8096dc034199d649dc53821d4ee.png

Seller's tripped up and tacitly admitted he sent a duff part, as he's doubtful the crack happened in transit, but also is aware that the area in question is susceptible to cracking. This doesn't add up, and is certainly not 'bad luck'. 

image.png.4e66b5ab990a33822a843367f5f38d00.png

Bluff called. 

image.png.bf8d907f0f0d21033d78c58fbf666989.png

HA. No further message, no requirement to return the part. 

Got a little treat today sat at lights when a Commer PB camper appeared at the junction right across from me.  As it set off to a chorus of period exhaust parps, words such as matronly, ungainly, and ponderous came to mind.  Absolute treat tbqh.  The funny thing is, it didn't look quite the same as the other white Commer PB camper I spotted in 2020 so I wonder if there's a serial offender locally.  I do hope so.

202002-01.thumb.jpg.ccc5aa28a823a39bc70c6c806221d83d.jpg

1 hour ago, Joey spud said:

IMG20221015163808.thumb.jpg.06881d77f2221180eb1297d4f926e45d.jpg

My Granvia got used as bridesmaid transport today which was funny as it had seven old radiators in the back of it yesterday.

It's a useful old bus.

Must be a joke in there about radiators and bridesmaids surely?

Rubbish on the fast  road , say a truck strap with metal hook type of rubbish .  been there for days ..then the smart arse in the big Audi blasted past me in the pissing down rain , he decided to hug the white lines and floor it  .... 

And found the rubbish . 

Made him slow down a bit !!! 

On 10/15/2022 at 1:19 AM, reb said:

What a well reasoned argument. I'm cured! I suppose I'd better vote for labour or whatever now.

Not really, but don't expect a standing ovation when she opens her piehole to tell more lies about how anything bad is the fault of the baby eaters in London; Truss is acutely shite at being prime minister, Sturgeon is chronically shite at being FM, being slightly less terrible than the worst UK govt in living memory isn't anything to be proud of.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:09 AM, Metal Guru said:

Get real. Wee Krankie is as bad as any of them, except any time she’s found out , it’s “ the English bastards are to blame “ and half the country (well 49%) believe her. They’ve made as much a mess of Scotland as the Tories have of the U.K. and they’re only in charge of about 1/4 of it.

Hope Krankie does a Mao

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Not really, but don't expect a standing ovation when she opens her piehole to tell more lies about how anything bad is the fault of the baby eaters in London; Truss is acutely shite at being prime minister, Sturgeon is chronically shite at being FM, being slightly less terrible than the worst UK govt in living memory isn't anything to be proud of.

I agree they're all wankers. I do think she is a bit more than slightly better though. I didn't vote for any of them.

I've a v scabby trailer to sell via Gumtree. Look at the state of this lot.

IMG_20221016_103006277.thumb.jpg.d30ca82919e463899fddab24dcdcbfce.jpg

I've got to try and find 2 that stay up long enough so the lucky buyer can at least get it off the drive!

I've got 2 x Courier Steels, a Kumho,  a Power Star and I think a India Super. One Courier won't even inflate. They have had 30psi. I'll check pressures again in 24 hours and then the best* 2 will be going on the trailer then it's at the mercy of the lovely folks looking for a Gumtree bargain.

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Are those mini wheels? Worth more than the trailer. 

Yes they are, so 5 Mini wheels in total. So what sort of value are they worth? 

I'd just assumed the mini wheels wouldn't be worth much as there must have been millions of trailers made using scrapped mini  wheels and not enough actual Mini's left for them to go on!

Edited by auntiemaryscanary

Went for a walk this morning as the sky was bright blue at 8am. Drove down the a30, past blackbushe which had a Land Rover meeting and up to bramshill. One of the very few ( but huge) houses on the walk had a Morris minor and a silver shadow under bits of tarpaulin on the drive. 

55 minutes ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

I'd just assumed the mini wheels wouldn't be worth much as there must have been millions of trailers made using scrapped mini  wheels and not enough actual Mini's left for them to go on!

The silver one looks wider, might be worth working out what they are, you never know, they might be super rare and worth eleven thousand quid 

3 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

I've a v scabby trailer to sell via Gumtree. Look at the state of this lot.

IMG_20221016_103006277.thumb.jpg.d30ca82919e463899fddab24dcdcbfce.jpg

I've got to try and find 2 that stay up long enough so the lucky buyer can at least get it off the drive!

I've got 2 x Courier Steels, a Kumho,  a Power Star and I think a India Super. One Courier won't even inflate. They have had 30psi. I'll check pressures again in 24 hours and then the best* 2 will be going on the trailer then it's at the mercy of the lovely folks looking for a Gumtree bargain.

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Are those mini wheels? Worth more than the trailer. 

Just now, cobblers said:

The silver one looks wider, might be worth working out what they are, you never know, they might be super rare and worth eleven thousand quid 

a good place for finding out info on Mini wheels 

is the old Mini wheel directory, sadly the original web page has vanished, although thankfully the web archive has a good copy

https://web.archive.org/web/20160615020202/http://www.wheeldictionary.net/

and its been recreated in a couple places :)

https://www.mini-forum.de/category-article-list/13-mini-wheel-dictionary/

https://www.classicminidiy.com/technical/wheels/

18 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Nah, all got 145 R10's on em.

I've put ad on the for sale section for £75 to gauge any interest. To be honest I'm not wanting to make a fortune I just want trailer and wheels/ tyres gone from the drive. If someone wants all the tyres I'll take the trailer up the allotment, bring those 2 wheels back with me and use the trailer remains to make a cloche or summat.

3 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

They're worth about £10 each if you can be arsed to drag them to a mini show and wait for someone to take them away. They all look like boggo stock 10" steels, not the more desirable Mini Cooper types that have little circular holes around the centres.

You should fine some numbers stamped in the centres between the stud holes, this will confirm what they are.

1 hour ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

They're worth about £10 each if you can be arsed to drag them to a mini show and wait for someone to take them away. They all look like boggo stock 10" steels, not the more desirable Mini Cooper types that have little circular holes around the centres.

You should fine some numbers stamped in the centres between the stud holes, this will confirm what they are.

Ta very much, to be honest that was my initial thought on pricing. I'll see which 3 at least hold air for some time and gob the trailer with a spare on Gumtree and let the fun begin. If I find an actual buyer who wants the trailer I'll see if they want the others "free" as well.

Ad in the for sale section now listing 2 available for the grand sum of a fiver.

Edited by auntiemaryscanary
Edited to reflect modified for sale ad

Was driving in the town centre earlier and spotted from a distance a slightly barried Range Rover broken down on a busy roundabout on my way into Aldi.

After doing my shop and on my way home I was closely passing the stranded vehicle... the front nearside wheel was completely detached and the hub dug into the tarmac. 

35 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

Was driving in the town centre earlier and spotted from a distance a slightly barried Range Rover broken down on a busy roundabout on my way into Aldi.

After doing my shop and on my way home I was closely passing the stranded vehicle... the front nearside wheel was completely detached and the hub dug into the tarmac. 

It probably started doing that 4 months ago but because the mot wasn't due yet they just ignored it

5 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Sky plus and iPhone 14’s ( in rose gold,natch) aren’t cheap you know @beko1987

Sky plus? Pah ! Sky glass is where it's at now innit, spending a grand on a telly + £alot / month just to receive the same shit channels over a different transmission medium 😅

I went out to my Rover 620ti and there was a note on it. Expecting a neighbour to be moaning as I have not driven it for a couple of weeks thinking its been abandoned. I opened it and it was a letter stating the person was a fan of it and theyd like to buy it. Its not for sale but it actually made my day.