What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Friends have bought a 1972 Marina campervan, they pick it up at the end of the month. The Faceache thread on it stretches to 26 comments already!

Oh and top notch regarding the Fiat: we want pictures. If you can take them next to an Italian exotic Hyundai Stellar look-a-like, then all the better.

Ive borrowed the neighbors lawnmower..

dd3441f2.jpg

Bailey..15'2 Thoroughbred gelding...mows the lawn and turns this into fertiliser that I can sell at the back gate for $2 a bag...ive had to ban him from the front lawn...as he acts as a soil cultivator as well...

I've been out driving round in the Argenta, woo-hoo! No pics i'm afraid as I forgot my camera. Drives well though!!! Pulls like a train!

Plus i'm scooping up the Shite-urbo tomorrow, BIG SHITE WEEKEND

If you were towing the Maser with the Argenta and got a picture of it you could close this forum and replace it with just that picture. Job done, game over.

^Thanks for that; better times.

A customer at work today, "the goods were in the shop window" so I had to look more than several times.

Also worth a grin, for the memory of being amused by the discomfort of a (at the time) 17 year old shop assistant I was supervising, when he could see down women's tops. I've never let him forget it.

Also for winding him up more than once, for fancying the singer from Paramore (I forget the squeaky ginge's name). Including an elaborate hoax phonecall set up. He got his revenge tho'; he sat around all day reading Kerrang and doing fuck all. Just like usual.

LULZ! That advert could have been written by me, circa September 2002. As it was, I stuffed all the cheating bitches clothes and cosmetics into her car, and parked it on the road, and my mate Boycey changed all the locks on MY house. An added bonus was that once her paramour found out that I knew, he dropped her like a hot brick too. My ex came back a week later to get her phone charger, only to have the door answered by my new, partially-clothed girlfriend, who promplty told her to fuck off. :D

Southport airshow.

Bloody brilliant today, wish we'd gone for the weekend now. The sound of the Spitfire was something else and the Red Arrows were quite simply awe inspiring. Didn't stay until the very end a bit gutted we missed what I assume were the modern fighters, heard them rocketing over as we leaving. Countless pictures mostly of the sky as I timed them so badly but here's some of the better ones...

scooterandairshowatsouthport259.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport237.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport251.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport250.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport257.jpg

Don't like it, I want one of those...

scooterandairshowatsouthport253.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport180.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport186.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport194.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport237.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport123.jpg

scooterandairshowatsouthport175.jpg

Think this was a glider that had been released by a 'plane a few minutes earlier...

scooterandairshowatsouthport176.jpg

I believe I may know the owner of this exhibit...

scooterandairshowatsouthport251.jpg

I lived in Southport for 50 years and could usually see quite a lot of the airshow without even leaving my garden. :D In 1991 (I think) I did make a special effort to get closer. By the time I'd parked I was almost home again...

GreenMarina-vi.jpg

So the time comes to retrieve the ol' bus and head for home, and... it's siezed. For no apparent reason, a 1.3 Marina just died. Haven't had a Marina since, but that's just coincidence. I think.

He's quite an old boy if it his Eddie, and his missus looked like the sort of person who'd stab you in the eye with a knitting needle before suffocating you with a badly made wooly hat if you looked at her the wrong way.

I guess they're in it for the $$$ profits from the events and merchandise, because you never hear what all the ticket proceeds and so forth actually go towards. If it was charity, like for fallen soldiers or tots with cancer, they'd be screaming it. But, just silencio.... one wonders if the taxman is getting his cut?

Bit strong that Uncle Normio.

I think quite abit of dicking about goes into running the forum and RSM blog. I'd have thought it'd cost a decent wedge just to host the website every month not to mention it being quite an expensive do running a show like RRG with insurance and such taken into account.

If David, Simon and Keefy are creaming off the top, then they're not doing what any of us petrolheads would do and spuffing it back into grim old motors.

Basically, I don't know the ins and the outs but I'd speculate that it all just about breaks even....

EDIT -- Actually now I think about it, even if they are getting a quid or two out of the deal is that so wrong? Are they supposed to spend all their free time organising, advertising, housekeeping the website and basically being Martyrs to the cause? Come on Norm, that aint how the world works now is it?

Hell, the worst-offending trolls are the two primary mods themselves, FFS!

Bin them, and the damned forum would right itself fairly well, I'd imagine.

I guess they're in it for the $$$ profits from the events and merchandise, because you never hear what all the ticket proceeds and so forth actually go towards. If it was charity, like for fallen soldiers or tots with cancer, they'd be screaming it. But, just silencio.... one wonders if the taxman is getting his cut?

I haven't posted here for weeks but Norm, that is totally wrong and I feel I have to respond.

Simon doesn't even have an interest in the show for a start. Its nothing to do with him. Keefy is basically a househusband so any time he puts into the show he can more than happily be paid for as far as I am concerned. While David has a job the same goes for him. Its not like they are earning millions by spending a lot of their time putting on a show for fellow enthusiasts. I thought Americans were all for a bit of hard work based capitalism.

Bin the mods and RR would very soon got to pot like this place has. If you don't like RR and the way the forum originators want to run it fucking well leave it alone.

You have really riled me with that post.

Bin the mods and RR would very soon got to pot like this place has. .

Oi! What's wrong with this place? Most of us have got some sort of tat related escapades going on, we're having a laugh, and we don't need no steenkin' mods. Other than the handful who decided to try and moderate it (who failed dismally and wandered off) this place is fine.

Norm being banned from RR is just comical, and it's what happens when mods exist.

Seth - I largely agree. Just because Norm has fallen foul of the Mods doesn't make the people who run RR evil. Maybe just sensible...

However, saying this place has largely gone to pot is massively unfair Seth. Yes, it had a funny turn a while back, but it seems to have come back stronger lately. You've obviously still been lurking here, why not start posting again? All forums have their moments - I applaud RR for running the place with an iron fist and it still being popular (albeit not as good as it used to be). Here, we have to self-moderate and a while back, that plan backfired spectacularly when some trolls came to visit. Recently, this place has gone back to the top of forums I frequent. It often makes me grin in fact.

Is Seth really Mark E. Smith of The Fall?

Readers respond to posts in this forum at their own risk. The website owner accepts no responsibility. He just pockets the money and pisses off abroad on holiday. Mind, can you blame him? With the weather we've had this year. It's the ozones, you know.

with apologies to Geordie comics.

Divvent taalk ya shite, y'all

Bin the mods and RR would very soon got to pot like this place has.

Come on Seth, that's a bit strong, Don't have a pop at this forum just because of Norms (untrue) comments, If you think this place has gone to pot then why not make a effort and try posting something on here instead of going on that other forum, In fact that other forum has made me a bit grumpy really, Half the decent members from here go over to there to post stuff that should be on here, then moan about how crap this site is. That's the way i see it.

And back to RR, I had to bite my tongue this week when i dared to say that i couldn't understand why everyone was kissing a car builders arse over a BMW he's built just because of what he's built before and who he was, Especially when one member started to get quite nasty to me then quickly deleted his post then he realised he was out of order.

Sorry for the off topic post btw.

As I responded in a PM to Dolly (which I don't think he has read yet) I perhaps got caught up in the moment and shouldn't have mentioned this forum in that post, primarily because that seems to have become the issue rather than Norms comments. I chose not to edit my post, hence the spelling error still in that line.

Another post, rather than an edit...

I am sure I have a reputation as the resident (now squatter?) defender of RR amongst certain quarters here. I am bored of that but I was not going to sit back when negative personal suppositions were being vented publicly here.

No worries Seth. Thanks for the PM. As you say, your comments have ended up garnering more attention than the incorrect rantings from Stateside, with which I still heavily disagree.

Norm - sorry but you do have a habit of winding me up. I don't think you do it intentionally, but you do manage it very easily. I don't hate you for it, but nor would I really invite you over for a cup of tea.