What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

RTé 1 is on LW252 these days - soo much better for world news at the moment than the fone hacking stuff on the UK radio. It also allows for a certain amount of "from the outside, looking in", which is always worthy from a "To see ourselves as others see us" point of view.

Internet went off last night. :mrgreen:

Back on today and Gadzooks Dobbin, I can now watch/listen to things on YouTube without experiencing something like a slideshow, so this is what the internet is supposed to be like. :lol:

BT emailed the other day saying they were messing with something to speed things up a bit so looks like it's done it's job. Was running like dial up the past couple of years as we are just at the limit

of the exchange or some bobbins.

Spent the last two days working at my mums house. Being a pensioner and widow loads of jobs pile up. Brothers and sister are useless and just leech money from her. So spent 2 days emptying her sheds and redoing her bathroom. Got to go round tomorrow morning and take loads of stuff up the tip but she has got some lovely tidy shed now and is a happy mummy.

Spent the last two days working at my mums house. Being a pensioner and widow loads of jobs pile up. Brothers and sister are useless and just leech money from her. So spent 2 days emptying her sheds and redoing her bathroom. Got to go round tomorrow morning and take loads of stuff up the tip but she has got some lovely tidy shed now and is a happy mummy.

i have to do this sort of thing too. my mother (and until 5 years ago my grandmother) always have a list of jobs that need doing when i visit. somtimes just silly things, re-attach a curtain rail, or hang a picture. but, after a dozen of these jobs i get a cup of tea, and then its all been worth it. my grandmother used to think i was some kind of one-man-development team though, and travel 40 miles to trim the hedge or lay three paving stones while my lazyarse brothers (one of whom lived just 7 miles away) would never visit unless its a birthday/xmas 'collection' visit.

Someone at work said today "you can't miss XXXX's car, it's a white Sierra Cosworth..."

Said car is actually a tatty 'P' plate Mondeo with halfrauds alloys on the back, steels on the front, laxarse rear lights and a big bore tailpipe... He did get the colour right though.

I know loads of birds like that and they are all idiots.... If I ever meet a girl who dresses in '50s outfits who isn't a total FUD I'll be mega surprised.

Tagoras, on the other hand, are sexy and intelligent and always welcome on my monitor

I've just signed up for a trade motor insurance policy. Expect much tat buying in the coming months.

So how does that work anyway? Someone I know is looking into it and has said for £500 he's covered on anything up to 30 grand for anything, including social and personal use. Surely there must be a catch?

Last one I applied for was £1,500 (2 NCB, 0 points) - the same one my mate got (less NCB, 6 points, exactly same area), he got quoted £1,000. I think most of them just pick these very round numbers out of the air.

I just said I was selling cars from a lockup, they asked no questions, it's easy to get.

It still beats the joke of personal insurance though.

Bloody hell Trigger! I'm liking wimminz in frocks (even better out of them though) :shock:8):P:P:P:P

What made me laugh yesterday was a transvestite coming into work asking for some wheel bearings for an old Transit, suffice to say we had to order them for the old tranny :D

Someone at work said today "you can't miss XXXX's car, it's a white Sierra Cosworth..."

Said car is actually a tatty 'P' plate Mondeo with halfrauds alloys on the back, steels on the front, laxarse rear lights and a big bore tailpipe... He did get the colour right though.

:lol:

It's like when I always unthinkingly kept calling the mark 1 Vectra a 'Cavalier' for quite some time. :oops:

I've just signed up for a trade motor insurance policy. Expect much tat buying in the coming months.

So how does that work anyway? Someone I know is looking into it and has said for £500 he's covered on anything up to 30 grand for anything, including social and personal use. Surely there must be a catch?

It was £430 but it only covers me third party. It becomes more expensive if you go third party fire and theft and more expensive again if you go fully comp as you need to agreed an indemity level that they'll pay out on the car you're driving if you smash it. I'll just by buying the odd semi worthles shite wagon here and there so if I crash it, it'll not be the end of the world. It makes it a doddle if you need to pick something up and it gets around this new it must be insured or on a sorn rule. There are exclusions on what I can have on the policy including bmw m cars and imprezas but as it's third party only it's really you're bad if you smash up a 60 grand porsche .

In other news here's my latest purchase. Does anyone like popcorn?

retrorides_e3bbfb70-b2f5-4a28-bbc2-ebfc95c7fc37_1.jpg

Finally looking less arsed up; letter from Motability saying that they will cover the insurance excess as the other bint's insurance have admitted liability, Mondeo to be picked up "between 8am and midday" - still here - but the courtesy car "between 9am and 11am, probably a Fiesta or similar".

Avis arrived this morning at 8.45am with a 10-plate manual BMW 320D SE tourer :shock::D ! I suspect RSA are quite literally taking everything they can get out the other mob...

It was £430 but it only covers me third party. It becomes more expensive if you go third party fire and theft and more expensive again if you go fully comp as you need to agreed an indemity level that they'll pay out on the car you're driving if you smash it. I'll just by buying the odd semi worthles shite wagon here and there so if I crash it, it'll not be the end of the world. It makes it a doddle if you need to pick something up and it gets around this new it must be insured or on a sorn rule. There are exclusions on what I can have on the policy including bmw m cars and imprezas but as it's third party only it's really you're bad if you smash up a 60 grand porsche .

In other news here's my latest purchase. ]

Does it cover you for commuting?

Yes although I'd check to make sure you had that on the policy if you're going to take one out. If you do get one then tell them you're going to put at least 12 cars a year on it as if they think you're just using it to cover your tat fleet they'll not insure you.