What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 04/10/2022 at 19:11, jakebullet said:

A bit back someone on here was asking what to do with spare cash doing nowt in a crap low interest bank account, and someone else suggested stick it in premium bonds if you feel lucky.

I thought that could be good for a giggle, and stuck £25K in that Santander was generously giving me £3 a year to look after. Thinking odds are I should get a prize a month on average. 2 draws in, and I've won £100, so I'm happy with that.

You’re welcome.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Found this amusing... In the Citroen Xsara Picasso Facebook group

608300556_Screenshot_20221004-2022102.thumb.png.0069f32c60a9d0c3bebbb9ffd373e13b.png

If the penny hasn't dropped - they have a torsion bar suspension on the rear so no springs! 

Sounds like something has dropped. Are they similar to the Berlingo underneath? 

10 hours ago, Andyrew said:

The headliner we just done on my mates Astra.  

20221005_193823.thumb.jpg.9fbb9d2212270c3f65e8c0c75972399e.jpg

20221005_193906.thumb.jpg.9fdf80f8a9c088a34c3c26eb7b5e7da9.jpg

That is absolutely brilliant, and makes the already palatial* (dare I say sumptious*) interior of the MK4 even more welcoming as a place to spend those long hours on the road.

11 hours ago, High Jetter said:

"I'll get you, Butler"

He tried to do his job, like many others.

They’re running whole lot on one of the higher numbered freeview channels. Looking at it with 21st century values , Stan was a right arsehole and Jack was positively creepy . Blakey was actually the most reasonable one albeit a bit of a jobsworth.

Flashed by a middle lane moron today .

I was coming up to the arse end of a artic and looked back and yes a middle lane hog , fucking ages away , so I moved out equally fucking early to stop them parroting me , and they flashed me , mind you,  headlights in the day 1/4 mile away took a lot to notice ,  traffic was like artic , me and them , motorway was empty !!!

F in loons in a fiat 500 of all things ! 

When they got past , still stayed on the middle lane ....

32 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Flashed by a middle lane moron today .

I was coming up to the arse end of a artic and looked back and yes a middle lane hog , fucking ages away , so I moved out equally fucking early to stop them parroting me , and they flashed me , mind you,  headlights in the day 1/4 mile away took a lot to notice ,  traffic was like artic , me and them , motorway was empty !!!

F in loons in a fiat 500 of all things ! 

When they got past , still stayed on the middle lane ....

Heh - M40/M42 yesterday ,5pm ish, and it's p*ssing down, spray all over the place. Frankly, dangerous. So I'm tucked in behind the widest, newest 2 door Porsche I have ever seen.  May have been a Cayman but all I know is it just oooozzzed money. So this guy is at about 60 mph hanging a good distance back from the HGV's. Clearly indicates every time he's coming out into the centre lane - he's giving it so much space that I can just flick on the flasher and do the same. Until....

He indicates right and the headlights behind us accelerate up and flash at him, I'm blocked in, he pulls out and then gets tailgated for a mile or so by Mr Angry (still flashing a him). When Mr Porsche pulls in Mr Flasher then takes about 3 miles to actually overtake him and is then resolute in his Command of the Centre Lane.

Mr Flasher was in a cherry red Fiat 500 - were you in the Porsche? Or do Fiat 500s have a thing about changing lane?

I passed the Porsche later at the M42/M5 junction - me south - he north. Bless him - the guy  actually looked across and waved bye bye - quite touched really - that made me smile.

Had a good day on the Lanchester today.  Got a video coming out on Tuesday that's going to contradict what I achieved today so all I will say is that I did find out why the rear lights were playing silly buggers and I'll let you know what it was in the future.

Headlight upgrade to H4s went very smoothly and those are fully functional now.  The next bit of lighting to sort is the flashing indicators and semaphores, I have already tested the wiring for the semaphores and they do function as they ought, I just need a couple of connectors to finish the job off where the stator tube wiring joins the main harness.  Flashing indicator wiring is in place and ready to go, that's waiting on me getting some suitable indicators for the rear and sorting out the earthing of the original sidelights at the front since those are now set up to be indicators instead.

It has been a  tiring and rewarding few hours, it's nice to be able to make some progress on it for once.

849806465_24-RewiringPart9_1.thumb.jpg.428480baaabfe3ec1909f0cad7efb850.jpg

Watching Dea Matrona I was reminded that I passed a local pub at 10 a.m. on Thursday and there was a cowboy outside, stetson, fringed leather jacket and trousers and cowboy boots.  I was too chicken to take a photo in case he took the huff.

And just remembered that he was frequently to be found in our local shopping centre (The Galleries) in the same getup, thirty years ago.  Haven't seen him in three decades tough.

41 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Watching Dea Matrona I was reminded that I passed a local pub at 10 a.m. on Thursday and there was a cowboy outside, stetson, fringed leather jacket and trousers and cowboy boots.  I was too chicken to take a photo in case he took the huff.

And just remembered that he was frequently to be found in our local shopping centre (The Galleries) in the same getup, thirty years ago.  Haven't seen him in three decades tough.

There used to be one actually on horseback often sat at the side of the A45 heading towards Allesley from Meriden when I lived down there back in the early 2000s.

We've had a young Robin visit us in the garden for a few weeks now. He comes morning afternoon & evening.

It was very young when it first came with barely any orange on its breast. Now has matured.

Will eat out of our hands.  It likes dried mealworms, bits of suet, cheese & also fruit  cake. If you sit out he just comes and hops about. Also likes to sing along to Jazz Fm !

Makes me smile😁