What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

Definitely should be a system for getting historic wheelie bins listed, I reckon.

Mine's nearly forty years old, and still in service.

One of the nice clean and shiny wheely bins at work was eaten by the truck along with the recycling last week. I raised a note and was told they’d bring it back today. We have A green wheely bin back today, but it’s not ours! How many do they swallow up a week?

Car SOS, I don't think there's a better car show on TV 

Just got Disney plus, national geographic has got up to season 9, just watched the Bedford ice cream van episode 

It was basically rust so a massive job but the man hours mentioned at the end are a bit mind boggling , 2000 man hours 

Even at £50 an hour that's £100k plus parts :idea:

40 minutes ago, Wack said:

Car SOS, I don't think there's a better car show on TV 

Just got Disney plus, national geographic has got up to season 9, just watched the Bedford ice cream van episode 

It was basically rust so a massive job but the man hours mentioned at the end are a bit mind boggling , 2000 man hours 

Even at £50 an hour that's £100k plus parts :idea:

Could have been a good show but Tim Shaw ruins it for me.

19 hours ago, richardmorris said:

I’d be happy if tim shaw was never seen on TV again.

I have to respect the fact that he did a 7 hour interview with Famous Holocaust Survivor Kitty Hart-Moxon which he then broadcast in segments on his late night Radio Show on Kerrang FM back in 2007. He did this off his own back and went against the network owners etc.

but I do find the parts blagging BS a bit annoying on Car SOS

A bit back someone on here was asking what to do with spare cash doing nowt in a crap low interest bank account, and someone else suggested stick it in premium bonds if you feel lucky.

I thought that could be good for a giggle, and stuck £25K in that Santander was generously giving me £3 a year to look after. Thinking odds are I should get a prize a month on average. 2 draws in, and I've won £100, so I'm happy with that.

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Was disappointed that you can't go inside the Shinkansen any more last time I was at NRM. 

i fell asleep in that one - must have nodded off while checking my phone or something - was woken up by a bunch of excited school kids asking teacher “miss, miss, is he dead ?” really was rather embarrassing :)